daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 17th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #5521
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
ok i understand
but there should be also for me that you can save time
too expensive investition jsut to save some time. also, when AL and MNE (and BIH) seriously enter to construction of their sections, HR will do it too

Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2014, 10:40 PM   #5522
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1746

Quote:
ok i understand
but there should be also for me that you can save time
It will take sooooo long to reach such situation.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #5523
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

But can Croatian make their A1 to the border crossing Klek to reach the D8 better?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2014, 11:44 PM   #5524
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
But can Croatian make their A1 to the border crossing Klek to reach the D8 better?
you have only 25 km remaining between A1 connector to bc Klek
Old August 17th, 2014, 11:52 PM   #5525
Pascal20a

I mean they should connect the A1 from cvor Metkovic over Opuzen to Klek that you dont have to use the connector to Ploce
Old August 18th, 2014, 12:42 AM   #5526
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 410

Quote:
I mean they should connect the A1 from cvor Metkovic over Opuzen to Klek that you dont have to use the connector to Ploce
The problem with that idea is that it would mean that the A1 would have to be built in fairly difficult terrain while there's still no settlement as to what to do with Neum.

Even building the A1 to the D9 is pretty senseless right now - the Bosnian A1 will start to reach towards Mostar, so there's no need to connect to the D9 right now. The Ploce connector does a good job of taking the traffic down towards Ploce and the D8, so no need to change that.

There's nothing between the D9 and Klek worth talking about, and even on busy days, the D8 isn't intolerable between Zaton Doli and Dubrovnik.

I visit that part of the world pretty often, and for me, what would make the most sense would be to build the A1 from the Tudjman bridge outside Dubrovnik to the airport. If it was combined with a spur to Ivanica, then the road would take a lot of pressure off the existing infrastructure.

Having said this, I'm sorry Croatia, but Dubrovnik sucks. The parking infrastructure sucks and is overpriced (25kn an hour to park in a parking garage that doesn't even let you exit on the bottom level? it's just diabolical.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 12:54 AM   #5527
zvonko

Likes (Received): 1911

zvonko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 06:32 AM   #5528
Pascal20a

Thank you for the infos
Old August 18th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #5529
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Having said this, I'm sorry Croatia, but Dubrovnik sucks. The parking infrastructure sucks and is overpriced (25kn an hour to park in a parking garage that doesn't even let you exit on the bottom level? it's just diabolical.
Believe it or not people from other parts of Croatia are also tourists on the coast I was in Dubrovnik last summer after more than 10 years and was so disappointed that I decided they are never going to see me or my money again!
Dubrovnik itself is breathtaking but everything else in not worth mentioning... robbery
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #5530
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHS View Post
Believe it or not people from other parts of Croatia are also tourists on the coast I was in Dubrovnik last summer after more than 10 years and was so disappointed that I decided they are never going to see me or my money again!
Dubrovnik itself is breathtaking but everything else in not worth mentioning... robbery
Do you mean its expensive or full of pickpockets?

Old August 18th, 2014, 01:03 PM   #5531
KHS

Expensive as hell!
And tourism related workers are not polite as they should be...

Pickpockets are not something you see very often in Croatia
Old August 18th, 2014, 01:14 PM   #5532
volodaaaa

Quote:
Expensive as hell!
And tourism related workers are not polite as they should be...

Pickpockets are not something you see very often in Croatia
The same goes for Tatra tourist area in Slovakia. Full of snobs, all-despising like-to-be celebrities. The prices follow the clientčle.

Old August 18th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #5533
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Some article from ekapija regarding motorway i Neum but also realting to croatian A1:

Quote:
A highway to take Neum out of traffic isolation

Source: Večernji List, 8/14/2014 8:45:56 AM

It is best that the motorway (A1) passes through Neum hinterland. It is a continuation of the A1 motorway through Croatia that would link Bijača - Prud - Crniće - Gabela - Presana - Popovo Polje. That route would be excellent and acceptable to everyone. In this way, Mayor of Neum Živko Matuško sees part of the solution of transport problems faced by the only BiH municipality on the shores of the Adriatic Sea. Along the highway that would be built in Neum hinterland that would be parallel with the current Adriatic highway, it is necessary to build a vertical connection to the interior of the municipality, but also the country. According to him, huge crowds on the Adriatic highway that hinder normal life in the municipality and, on the other hand, slow down tourists traveling to their destinations, and the reaching of Neum, are unacceptable and unsustainable in the long term.

The old railway line

"When we look at the traffic connection between the border crossing in Klek to Bistrina, we constantly have lines of vehicles, which disrupts traffic. We are now congested. It is difficult to circulate from the inside," explained Mayor of Neum for the daily Večernji List. The highway that would be built in Neum hinterland, as proposed by the municipal authorities, would follow in a large portion the former railway line to Popovo Polje. According to Matuško, the highway through Neum hinterland would not be at all contradictory to the construction of the Pelješac bridge for which the Croatian authorities opted. Mayor Matuško therefore urged state institutions, entities and cantons to ensure connectivity of the center of the municipality with the hinterland, which also includes further development of the main road towards Stolac, or Dračevo and Čapljina and Mostar.

The road to the hinterland

"The most important thing is to connect Neum with the hinterland and the rest of BiH. Firstly, I mean to the plateau Hrasna and Cerovice where there is a high possibility of linking to Stolac or to Dračevo or Čapljina and Mostar. Roads are richness and life, so we expect that state, entity and county institutions finally move forward and unblock Neum, in order to enable traffic connections with the hinterland, i.e. Čapljina and Mostar, and Stolac," says Matuško.
source

jyvation liked this post
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #5534
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post

I visit that part of the world pretty often, and for me, what would make the most sense would be to build the A1 from the Tudjman bridge outside Dubrovnik to the airport. If it was combined with a spur to Ivanica, then the road would take a lot of pressure off the existing infrastructure.

locals will tell you that tourists come there by plane or by yachts and cruisers. pitty, but rich tourists made it.
Old August 18th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #5535
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 410

volodaaaa, really? The Slovakian side of the Tatra mountains has a reputation here for being cheap and good (and with nice people) compared to the greedy Gorale idiots on the Polish side. Funny how our perspectives differ

The problem with Neum is that even if the municipality agrees to a transit road, the idiots in charge of BiH would cause all sorts of problems. Bosnia could easily negotiate a toll of 30kn (to go to BiH) for their transit section and no-one would notice (what would 30kn be if you have to pay 300kn to get to Dubrovnik anyway?), yet they're getting embroiled in nonsense involving Ploce.

For me, the common sense solution is to build a guarded road. The existing Klek/Zaton Doli border crossings can be used for Neum traffic, the rest can stay on the new road. Technological solutions can deal with the rest - even if BiH wants a border crossing onto the motorway, then set up border stations on the entry to Croatia and have a separate link road to deal with it.

I don't want the Pelješac bridge because Pelješac itself is a beautiful place. Putting more traffic that way will just ruin it
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2014, 02:15 AM   #5536
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

I think that toll in Croatia is expencive ,so many locals(Croats)don't use motorways because it's too much.

jyvation liked this post
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #5537
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5090

Quote:

Are you sure there is a road U/C on the other side?
Are there any photos od a construction site?
course there is, we just didn't have pics

Rest on the link http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1512
nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2014, 11:27 PM   #5538
KHS

Finaly photos from this section!

But there is no way it could be finished this year... and it doesnt mean anything without the bridge.
Old August 20th, 2014, 10:25 PM   #5539
Pascal20a

What will the name of the road built to the border Stara Gradiska from Okučani?
Old August 21st, 2014, 12:03 AM   #5540
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
What will the name of the road built to the border Stara Gradiska from Okučani?
D5 (state road - "D"), because it'll be built in 2x2 expressway standard, and expressways in HR doesn't have special numbers like motorways.

SRC_100 liked this post
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote