daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 21st, 2014, 12:29 AM   #5541
čarli

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
D5 (state road - "D"), because it'll be built in 2x2 expressway standard, and expressways in HR doesn't have special numbers like motorways.
Is this for sure that there will be 2x2? Won't be 1x1 expressway? What about bridge?
čarli no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2014, 01:02 AM   #5542
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by čarli View Post
Is this for sure that there will be 2x2? Won't be 1x1 expressway? What about bridge?
The bridge itself will be in a full-motorway profile. The expressway from the bridge until Okučani interchange will be 4-lane:

source: http://www.radiong.hr/?d=1&id=13182

It's actually part of a bigger project: a 2-lane expressway which is intended to replace the existing D5, from H to BIH border, on E661 route (Balaton-Barcs-Virovitica-Daruvar-Pakrac-Lipik-Okučani-Banja Luka).

SRC_100, čarli, celevac, MichiH liked this post
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 08:03 PM   #5543
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
It's actually part of a bigger project: a 2-lane expressway which is intended to replace the existing D5, from H to BIH border, on E661 route (Balaton-Barcs-Virovitica-Daruvar-Pakrac-Lipik-Okučani-Banja Luka).
What's the AADT on the current D5. Will it get a second (empty) main road like the A5?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 08:07 PM   #5544
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

They don't reserved any space for a border checkpoint on E661 near Gradiška (Bosnian side). Do they plan a joint border post?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 08:16 PM   #5545
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5096

As far as I know a separate checkpoint is planned
nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 09:16 PM   #5546
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
What's the AADT on the current D5. Will it get a second (empty) main road like the A5?
No, it won't even be a 4-lane road, just an ordinary 2-lane road without at-level crossings. But again, it's just a plan in Croatian traffic infrastructure strategy, so it won't be in the planning stage soon

On the existing D5 the ASDT and AADT in 2013 was as follows:
- Terezino Polje (border crossing) - 1071, 760
- Virovitica (south) - 1580, 1296
- Grubišno Polje - 3011, 2917
- Lipik - 5018, 4722
- Okučani - 3918, 3592
- Stara Gradiška (border crossing) - 4140, 3470.

source: http://www.hrvatske-ceste.hr/UserDoc...ine%202013.pdf

MichiH liked this post
Old August 22nd, 2014, 06:19 PM   #5547
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestvaran View Post
As far as I know a separate checkpoint is planned

Haven't they learnt anything from the success of Licko Petrovo Selo?

But maybe I can forgive them - isn't Gradiska/Stara Gradiska one of the two 'full service' border crossings where anything can be exported/imported?
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2014, 08:41 PM   #5548
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

It is. Calling it "full service", however, does sound awkward considering the daily situation at that border crossing. Who's been there knows what I mean ;-)
Old August 25th, 2014, 10:54 AM   #5549
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11824

Quote:
The bridge itself will be in a full-motorway profile. The expressway from the bridge until Okučani interchange will be 4-lane:

source: http://www.radiong.hr/?d=1&id=13182

Do you happen to have more information about this project? When is construction scheduled to start?
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #5550
celevac

Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanović will meet his Bosnian, Montenegrin and Albanian counterparts today at Cavtat and negotiate about future projects in the region, among others the Adriatic-Ionian motorway. (Source: HRT HR1 radio news)

I doubt that they will agree on a concrete plan because all these countries lack the money to build this motorway. I suppose they will just delay construction again, but let's wait and see what happens.
Old August 25th, 2014, 02:48 PM   #5551
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

I don't think that Montenegro is going to build Adriatic motorway.They allready have problems with Bar-Boljare.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2014, 09:43 PM   #5552
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
Do you happen to have more information about this project? When is construction scheduled to start?
Unfortunately, there's no informations and I can't find the map showing planned motorways and expressways network (including single-carriageway expressways intended to replace the existing highways/"magistrale" D1, D5...) I know the map was posted somewhere on the forum (on this thread or on croatian one) few years ago...

But again, it was just a really long-term plan (in the next 20-30-50 years) to build new highways (magistrale) to replace those which are inadequate (old, curvy, too narrow...), and some of those was D1 on Karlovac-Slunj-Korenica-Udbina section (that's why the TOTSO at D1/D522 intersection was built, so D1 diverges from A1 in Karlovac, and the intended/planned end of this new single-lane expressway/magistrala is on Gornja Ploča exit at A1 again.

Maybe other forumers would have more informations or maps/plans...

JackFrost liked this post
Old August 25th, 2014, 11:43 PM   #5553
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
I don't think that Montenegro is going to build Adriatic motorway.They allready have problems with Bar-Boljare.
I think we might see bypasses of Tivat and Budva built to 2x2 standard. The rest? Forget it...

Quote:
But again, it was just a really long-term plan (in the next 20-30-50 years) to build new highways (magistrale) to replace those which are inadequate (old, curvy, too narrow...), and some of those was D1 on Karlovac-Slunj-Korenica-Udbina section (that's why the TOTSO at D1/D522 intersection was built, so D1 diverges from A1 in Karlovac, and the intended/planned end of this new single-lane expressway/magistrala is on Gornja Ploča exit at A1 again.
That explains a lot to me, thank you! I wondered what was going on with the D522 - it looked ridiculously overengineered, but now you've said that, it makes perfect sense.

Puležan liked this post
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #5554
celevac

Alright, bad news coming up...

http://www.jutarnji.hr/ekskluzivno--...vnika/1215534/

The Prime Ministers of Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Albania met yesterday in Cavtat. They came to the conclusion that the Adriatic-Ionian highway will not be built via Dubrovnik, but rather via Počitelj (BiH) and Trebinje (BiH) to Montenegro. Croatia does plan to build the Pelješki most (Pelješac bridge) in order to circumvent Neum. The new plan is to build a semi-expressway (widen D8 at some places and build village bypasses wherever it is possible).

While Croatia could still build the highway to Dubrovnik on their own territory, they would have to do it with their own money. But that's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm afraid they won't even do the widening or any improvements on the existing D8 state road, because Croatia has no money.

The only good thing is that transit to MNE and AL will no longer go via the D8 as soon as the motorway through BiH is finished (but that will take a long time, as we know).
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #5555
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

Thats bad bad news. When will this motorway be built?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #5556
iponi

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
Thats bad bad news. When will this motorway be built?
In 2099 if they collect enough money till then.
iponi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:12 PM   #5557
Pascal20a

Then it means the motorway will follow the A1 to Pocetj and then goes via Trebinje to Montenegro right?
Old August 26th, 2014, 02:07 PM   #5558
threo2k

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post
Alright, bad news coming up...

http://www.jutarnji.hr/ekskluzivno--...vnika/1215534/

The Prime Ministers of Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Albania met yesterday in Cavtat. They came to the conclusion that the Adriatic-Ionian highway will not be built via Dubrovnik, but rather via Počitelj (BiH) and Trebinje (BiH) to Montenegro. Croatia does plan to build the Pelješki most (Pelješac bridge) in order to circumvent Neum. The new plan is to build a semi-expressway (widen D8 at some places and build village bypasses wherever it is possible).

While Croatia could still build the highway to Dubrovnik on their own territory, they would have to do it with their own money. But that's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm afraid they won't even do the widening or any improvements on the existing D8 state road, because Croatia has no money.

The only good thing is that transit to MNE and AL will no longer go via the D8 as soon as the motorway through BiH is finished (but that will take a long time, as we know).
Its very sad that the motorway dont go through neum, but dont worry, they will build a motorway that goes to dubrovnik, they dont have any choice
threo2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 03:06 PM   #5559
Pascal20a

I find they need an exit on the motorway for Neum cause that is also a touristic place.
Old August 26th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #5560
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Is this new alignment a priority for Bosnia? I appreciate the fact that it would be cheaper than a route directly via Dubrovnik, but if Bosnia can't find funding to build it, then it won't become a reality until very very far into the future. The Sarajevo - Mostar corridor is much more important for domestic traffic in Bosnia.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

darko06 liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote