daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2008, 08:39 PM   #541
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik the Greek View Post
Nice Job Croatia.
Yes, Croatia have nice Motorways,i drive on it last Year A-7,A-6,A-1,A-3.
I like too the many Rest-Areas on the Motorways.
Many East-Europian Countries can learn from Croatia to build good Motorways.
i really like to hear compliments from Greek mouth (i guess you are Greek), it's really worth

btw, many rest and service areas are still u/c, and many of them at A3 are outdated and i hate them, i hope they will be renovated soon. but beside new motorways, service areas are really modern and nice

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:07 PM   #542
Nik the Greek

Likes (Received): 3

@ x-type

Yes i am a Greek man.
This its the true,i think Croatia built fast and very good Motorways.

But they build (renovated)new Rest-Areas on A-3,example on Spacva, i remember this from 1989, i was a child and whe travel to Greece, oll the Trucks and the Tourist stop on this Gas Station (Rest-Areea) in the wood.

Anyway.I like too this side Hac.hr
They is very Informatic about the Motorways in Croatia.
Nice Job Croatia.
Nik the Greek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 09:02 PM   #543
bgplayer19

Likes (Received): 0

Hey guys,can you tell me how many years ago did the first electrical signs on ou motorways were put?
bgplayer19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 12:26 AM   #544
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

I would say the very first ones (these) were put in 1996 on what is now A6, but the now widely used ones which you see on the pictures (these) were first installed with the construction of the Zagreb - Split motorway, so from about 2004. Maybe x-type will know more.

The first ones (from 1996.) are currently to be seen only on a small (unfinished) portion of the A6 and I believe that with the ending of the full-profile construction this year, they'll disappear and the new ones will be installed, just like they did so far.

Last edited by snupix; February 1st, 2008 at 12:33 AM.
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:31 AM   #545
x-type
con los terroristas

snupix is right for these first at A6 from 1996. those were not so good because they were not visible during the daylight well. similar were installed along some sections of A4 motorway in 1998, but they were better visible and standing on the portals above road (only at one section near HR/H border they are beside the road as at A6).
the last type (second that snupix has shown) are visible well even at the strongest daylight. those were firstly installed at A1 motorway in 2001 at section Karlovac - Vukova Gorica (ther was temporarly end of motorway). wider use came in 2003 when other sections of A1 started to be opened and finally in last few years when old motorways were renovated (A2 and A3).

Last edited by x-type; February 1st, 2008 at 01:36 AM.
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 06:21 PM   #546
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18762

This website is really a great job !

Real time info for the drivers about most of the stretches of the motorway net of Croatia. A Job Well Done! Defenetely!

Btw, when was A1 finished ? It's a fairly new motorway ... I have traveled on it from Split to Zagreb in teh summer of 2006.

Last edited by Turnovec; February 1st, 2008 at 06:31 PM.
Turnovec está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 07:15 PM   #547
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountMan View Post

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 07:24 PM   #548
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
This website is really a great job !

Real time info for the drivers about most of the stretches of the motorway net of Croatia. A Job Well Done! Defenetely!

Btw, when was A1 finished ? It's a fairly new motorway ... I have traveled on it from Split to Zagreb in teh summer of 2006.
A1 is not finished yet because it will run up to Dubrovnik. first section was opened in ancient 1970's, it was 40 km stretch Zagreb - Karlovac.
next was opened in 2001, 24 km from Karlovac to Vukova Gorica (it was a temporary exit).
in 2003 opened sections VUkova Gorica - tunnel Mala Kapela (northern portal) and Gornja Ploča (Udbina) - Zadar 2.
in 2004 was opened section from tunnel Mala Kapela (southern portal) - Gornja Ploča, Zadar 2 - Pirovac and Vrpolje - Dugopolje (Split).
finally in 2005 got opened tunnel Mala Kapela and section Priovac - Vrpolje and that made motorway Zagreb - Split completed.

in 2007 got opened Dugopolje (Split) - Šestanovac section, and in 2008 should be completed Šestanovac - Ploče section
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:03 PM   #549
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

There will be no need for 3rd lane in the future?
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:56 PM   #550
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

No, except maybe in summers, but we don't add additional lanes just to have more comfort, it's already comfortable enough to have motorway at all. This is a border region, such areas never have much AADT. What I noticed more was the beauty of the picture.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 12:22 AM   #551
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19358

Yeah Croatia is beautiful.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:03 PM   #552
Turnovec
-----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
A1 is not finished yet because it will run up to Dubrovnik. first section was opened in ancient 1970's, it was 40 km stretch Zagreb - Karlovac.
next was opened in 2001, 24 km from Karlovac to Vukova Gorica (it was a temporary exit).
in 2003 opened sections VUkova Gorica - tunnel Mala Kapela (northern portal) and Gornja Ploča (Udbina) - Zadar 2.
in 2004 was opened section from tunnel Mala Kapela (southern portal) - Gornja Ploča, Zadar 2 - Pirovac and Vrpolje - Dugopolje (Split).
finally in 2005 got opened tunnel Mala Kapela and section Priovac - Vrpolje and that made motorway Zagreb - Split completed.

in 2007 got opened Dugopolje (Split) - Šestanovac section, and in 2008 should be completed Šestanovac - Ploče section
I was on a vacation on Peljesac in 2006 and on our way back we decided to go through Split and Zagreb back home(The road Cacak-Uzice-Podgorica is the most awfull road i have ever traveled on). So to avoid the BiH piece of land at Neum we took the ferry from Trpanj to Ploce ... We also went on some inland roads and not on Jadranska Magistrala from Ploce to the beggining of the highway Split - Zagreb. I remember passing by some town called Vrgorac. Croatian Mexico as my local friend used to call that area Anyway .... while taking the road from Vrgorac to Split i noticed the construction works of the A1 extension towards Dubrovnik
Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:29 PM   #553
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
The road Cacak-Uzice-Podgorica is the most awfull road i have ever traveled on.
Yeah, but it's also one of the most beautiful in the region (maybe I shouldn't post this in the Croatian thread ). I'll see if I can take some pictures next summer, if I'm going to Budva in Montenegro.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:58 PM   #554
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

That whole area is nice, but sucks for travelling big time, I suppose. Imagine you live in Belgrade and wanna go to the (Montenegrin) seaside.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 03:14 PM   #555
Turnovec
-----------

The road is awfully dangerous ... that's what i meant.
Winding curves of a tight 2 lane road on the brink of a precipice for more than hundred kilometres ... + a monument of some dead driver at each 100-200 metres

It is a pretty scenery, beautiful nature , but next time i go to Dubrovnik i would choose the Nis-Belgrade-Zagreb-Split highway instead.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 03:29 PM   #556
x-type
con los terroristas

roads like that one are great for easy traveling without hurrying and with stopping each few tens km's for landscape and sightseeing, but for transit they are not good. similar situation is with Jadranska magistrala in Croatia. it is one of the most interesting roads i have ever traveled on, but it is slow and often crowded. but i adore to pass it in whole lenght
Old February 12th, 2008, 10:57 AM   #557
P.C.Dolabella
road builder

Likes (Received): 2564

for slow and joy traveling: Jadranska magistrala - Adriatic turistic road

P.C.Dolabella no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #558
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19358

I think it's nice to drive that road once to Split or something, and then return on the A1
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #559
P.C.Dolabella
road builder

Likes (Received): 2564

exactly

P.C.Dolabella no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #560
x-type
con los terroristas

i adore drive along that road, but just for fun, i take few friends in my car and we are cruising and stopping where we like. we usually need 2 or 3 days for that because forget for hurrying there. i especially like north part between Zadar and Rijeka, it is not touristic exposed too much yet, it's really for enjoying!
it is great especially in last 2 years since it was completely renewed.