daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 23rd, 2014, 06:15 PM   #5601
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
but what was wrong with B9 (2-lane expressway)?
too many fatal accidents. Istrian Y was named as one of those "roads of death" due to 2 way traffic and high speeds. this spring i travelled B8 and A9 to SLO border. after the tunnel, i was doing 120-160 km/h (yes, i know, shame on me ) without any problems almost all the time.

also, i think that concessionaire had obligation to upgrade it in certain period.

Verso liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2014, 06:25 PM   #5602
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
By the way, do not forget that such a motorway will give Albania a bigger chance of joining the EU.
I doubt that a better road network will help Albania to join EU. Other matters, like economy, politics, human rights, do influence EU membership. There are countries who joined EU with (almost) no motorways, like Romania, Bulgaria, Latvia and Estonia. However, if Albania will eventually join EU, it will get EU funds for more motorways.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2014, 06:27 PM   #5603
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
also, i think that concessionaire had obligation to upgrade it in certain period.
In Italy the gov't allows concessionaries to rise tolls if the accident rate is low (one is supposed to pay a higher price for a better, safer service). For this reason, no concessionary increased the speed limit to 150, even if allowed by law under certain conditions.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old October 24th, 2014, 02:41 AM   #5604
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2201

Well I would think Montenegro will join the EU quite a bit sooner than Albania myself....and quite possibly before Serbia and Bosnia.

The awkward situation will then arise in that it can only be connected to the EU through a non EU country.

Pulezan provided all the information one could wish for as to the necessity of a 1+1 solution ( in the short-medium term) rather than a 2+2 as the existing roads are narrow snaking coastal roads that are maxed out at 7-10k AADT.

ASDT does not matter, Portugal got into loads of trouble building ASDT spec roads where ( like the Adriatic coast for now) it only gets that traffic 2 months a year.

Well built offline and limited access 1+1 can cope with an AADT around 10k unlike a narrow coastal road can.

If facts change, a longer Spanish style tourist season and higher year round traffic the upgrade to 2+2 can be scheduled.

The do 'nothing' option is counterproductive, a high quality 1+1 road opens up the spectacular coast from Split to south of Kotor to business and I am confident that it will get that business. Passenger numbers into Split/Dubrovnik/Trvat?/Podgorica are showing the build up of custom...almost every one of those airports increased their throughput year on year during the financial crisis after 2007 if you check the data.

Getting from Podgorica to Arte in Greece is a discussion for another time, lets deal with the northern half of the Adriatic Motorway first.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2014, 12:31 PM   #5605
FiveYears

Likes (Received): 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Getting from Podgorica to Arte in Greece is a discussion for another time, lets deal with the northern half of the Adriatic Motorway first.
Nope, I want it all 2x2. It could be standardized as albanian route beetween Tirane and Durres, doesn`t matter
Old October 24th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #5606
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Well I would think Montenegro will join the EU quite a bit sooner than Albania myself....and quite possibly before Serbia and Bosnia.

The awkward situation will then arise in that it can only be connected to the EU through a non EU country.
Montenegro is already accessible from Croatia, that is an EU country.
BTW, also Greece didn't border any EU country since recently but it was already in EU.
Old October 24th, 2014, 08:53 PM   #5607
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
too many fatal accidents. Istrian Y was named as one of those "roads of death" due to 2 way traffic and high speeds. this spring i travelled B8 and A9 to SLO border. after the tunnel, i was doing 120-160 km/h (yes, i know, shame on me ) without any problems almost all the time.

The concessionaire had the obligation to build the second carriageway when AADT reaches 10.000 vehicles or when ASDT reaches 16.000 vehicles.
http://www.bina-istra.com/Default.aspx?sid=532

The second carriageway was built before such traffic volumes had been reached on all sections, but the full profile was the precondition for introduction of toll
Old October 25th, 2014, 07:44 PM   #5608
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2056

If they lower the peage on Bina-Istra Motorway, they may catch more traffic.
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2014, 01:44 AM   #5609
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewu1 View Post
If they lower the peage on Bina-Istra Motorway, they may catch more traffic.
how? i think that nobody uses state roads for medium and long distance traffic there,
Old October 28th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #5610
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

[A5] - Drava bridge U/C

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #5611
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Is there still any motorway opening expected until end of 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
A5: Sredanci (A3) – Zoljani 12 3.5km (September 2011 to 2014) – ? – map
D1: Split-Dracevac – Klis (near Ozrna) 2 1.5km (? to Fall 2014) – ? – map
D2: Osijek (A5) – Osijek (Z4091) 2 12.1km (September 2011 to Late 2014) – ? – map
A11: Busevec – Lekenik 12 11.2km (April 2010 to >= 2014) – ? – map
Any updated info about the completion of this projects?

solchante liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2014, 07:39 PM   #5612
Puležan

Quote:
Is there still any motorway opening expected until end of 2014?

Any updated info about the completion of this projects?
In Croatia there's no such thing like a completion date

Anyway, people saw intensive works od Lekenik exit (A11-D30), so there's a chance for opening before the end of the year.

About D2 Osijek expressway - HC (road administration) announced that an 7,5 km section will be opened in the middle of November.

A5 - the 3,5 km section from Sredanci i/c to the Sava river will be finished by the end of this year, but no exact date has been given. But it will be usefull only for Svilaj (Zoljani) exit.

D1 -

MichiH liked this post
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #5613
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
A5 - the 3,5 km section from Sredanci i/c to the Sava river will be finished by the end of this year, but no exact date has been given. But it will be usefull only for Svilaj (Zoljani) exit.
Do you think the A5 will really be opened to Zoljani exit? We discussed it could also remain closed until the Sava bridge will be completed (202x).
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #5614
Puležan

Quote:
Do you think the A5 will really be opened to Zoljani exit? We discussed it could also remain closed until the Sava bridge will be completed (202x).
If the Zoljani exit remains closed until the Sava bridge is completed, then it's a stupid decision, because there is a very big distance between the exits:

Slavonski Brod east to Đakovo - 41 km!!!
Slavonski Brod east to Velika Kopanica - 27 km
Đakovo to V. Kopanica - 29 km

MichiH liked this post
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:14 AM   #5615
bzbox

Likes (Received): 135

But whom will exit Zoljani serve? Few little villages around Sava river?
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:20 AM   #5616
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzbox View Post

But whom will exit Zoljani serve? Few little villages around Sava river?
what would happen if somebody wouldn't like to continue on tolled motorway after entering HR at that border crossing?
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:25 AM   #5617
bzbox

Likes (Received): 135

He would drive on local road to D7 road?
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:33 AM   #5618
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzbox View Post

He would drive on local road to D7 road?
so they would indicate yet in Bosnia about tolls in Croatia and redirect traffic to longer bypassing route?
Old December 6th, 2014, 03:07 AM   #5619
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17033

Most Krka na A1
by Milan Z81, on Flickr

Most Krka na A1
by Milan Z81, on Flickr

Most Krka na A1
by Milan Z81, on Flickr
Visit the New Jersey Section

SRC_100, Gubot, autoceste_volim_ja liked this post
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #5620
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
what would happen if somebody wouldn't like to continue on tolled motorway after entering HR at that border crossing?
It's a common problem in Europe, there are plenty of places where you don't have the possibility of exiting after the border crossing. Austria was (allegedly...) hammering people for driving on the A6 between the Kittsee border crossing and the Kittsee exit, for instance. As far as I know, it's the same situation at Bregana - if you cross into HR there, you have no choice but to pay the 10kn (or something...) toll.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote