daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 17th, 2014, 11:27 PM   #5641
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
So that means for example if i want to go from Split to Dubrovnik i don't have to go throught BiH?
exactly

Autoputevi kao hobi liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2014, 03:00 AM   #5642
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Did works for Peliesac bridge start few years ago before being suddenly interrupted?
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 03:01 AM   #5643
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

It's interesting that the extensions of A1 towards Dubrovnik is still in the document, so it's not officially killed although there was the statement that Dubrovnik should be served by a motorway in BiH several months ago.

However, there is almost no money planned for anything south of the current end of A1 until 2016 so we most likely won't see any progress there before 2016. That whole project depends most likely also on the the approval of EU money for Peljesac bridge. If it's really build until 2019, you will need a better link of the bridge to current A1, e.g. a motorway ending right where the expressway over the bridge will begin.

Could also be the shortcut of D425 to D8 with Neretva bridge and a possible extension of that expressway to the bridge: http://dubrovniknet.hr/novost.php?id=25592#!prettyPhoto But construction of that part also won't start before 2016.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 03:03 AM   #5644
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2199

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Did works for Peliesac bridge start few years ago before being suddenly interrupted?
Something like site preparation with an election coming up, if I recall. Once the election was over, then! And the Bosnians kicked up over Neum.

As Neum is so small and the roads into it are so crap from Mostar I feel the bridge could be built much cheaper ( lower) if the Budapest - Sarajevo motorway were completed.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #5645
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Frankly speaking, what is the history of this notable border at Neum. I have heard it was a gift from Tito to BiH. Another explanation is that once Dubrovnik was an empire, they simply gave the land to BiH so enemies first had to pass their territory before entering Dubrovnik..

Quite funny.
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #5646
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Here's the story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neum#History

It was part of the Ottoman Empire and a buffer between Ragusa (Dubrovnik) and Venice (which controlled Dalmatia).
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #5647
Rojsman

Likes (Received): 2094

D1 expressway Split - Dugopolje (A1)

Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojsman View Post
Evo još par slika đira uzbrdo.

Dio prvi

darko06, KHS, SRC_100, Palance, AcidMan and 1 others liked this post
Rojsman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:29 PM   #5648
Rojsman

Likes (Received): 2094

D1 expressway Split - Dugopolje (A1)

Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojsman View Post
Dio drugi

x-type, zezi, darko06, KHS, Verso and 5 others liked this post
Rojsman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 07:35 PM   #5649
Samply

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Something like site preparation with an election coming up, if I recall. Once the election was over, then! And the Bosnians kicked up over Neum.

As Neum is so small and the roads into it are so crap from Mostar I feel the bridge could be built much cheaper ( lower) if the Budapest - Sarajevo motorway were completed.

Neum should be a business opportunity, both BiH and Croatia could gain from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Samply no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #5650
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
Frankly speaking, what is the history of this notable border at Neum. I have heard it was a gift from Tito to BiH. Another explanation is that once Dubrovnik was an empire, they simply gave the land to BiH so enemies first had to pass their territory before entering Dubrovnik..

Quite funny.
Dubrovnik wasn't an empire, it was the Republic of Ragusa, rival of the Republic of Venice (the latter controlled the Dalmatian coast north of Porto Tolero and some exclaves in Montenegro, like Perasto where few Italians are still living).
Neum corridor was estabilished in 1699 as buffer zone between Venice and Ragusa.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old December 18th, 2014, 08:53 PM   #5651
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samply View Post
Neum should be a business opportunity, both BiH and Croatia could gain from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
in which way? i don't see any prosperity for Croatia from that place.
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #5652
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

Rojsman, thank you very much for beautiful pictures of completed D1 expw from Solin to Dugopolje. Now we can say that there is a motorway/expressway/divided highway almost up to the Split ferry port.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #5653
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post
- A5 bridge over Drava river is ongoing, since 2nd half of 2011, expected to be finished at the end of 2015.
- A5 motorway section from Osijek to the Drava bridge will be constructed starting in 2015 in full profile
- A5 motorway section from the north side of the bridge to Beli Manastir (1st phase) will begin in 2015, depending on the financial situation, and then be finished as expected, as will the 2nd part from Beli Manastir to the Hungarian border. The section Čeminac-Osijek will be opened in 2016 in half profile.
This section will not be built in full profile, but only in 2x1 for now.
If I got it right, the A5 will feature 4 lanes from Osijek to north of the Drava bridge and 2 lanes up to Ceminac. Works south and north of the bridge will begin in 2015. It's announced to be opened in 2016, isn't it?

Works b/n Ceminac and Beli Manastir will also commence in 2015, won't they? What does "be finshed as expected" mean?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2014, 10:28 AM   #5654
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
So that means for example if i want to go from Split to Dubrovnik i don't have to go throught BiH?
That is already possible: take the ferry in Ploče to Pelješac.

definitivo liked this post
Palance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2014, 11:39 AM   #5655
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
If I got it right, the A5 will feature 4 lanes from Osijek to north of the Drava bridge and 2 lanes up to Ceminac. Works south and north of the bridge will begin in 2015. It's announced to be opened in 2016, isn't it?

Works b/n Ceminac and Beli Manastir will also commence in 2015, won't they? What does "be finshed as expected" mean?
yes, you've got it well.
south of the bridge there is not much to work on. there is 2 km gap between current motorway end (exit Osijek) and point of the beginning of the works (near D34 road).
southern beginning point of the bridge is river Karašica, just south of Drava. on Google Earth you can nicely see the whole main bridge construction (northern point is at northern Drava embankment)

MichiH liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2014, 11:49 AM   #5656
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 409

I'm surprised the A1 extension south is still on the cards. But it's not just about building the bridge, it's also about the access roads. Ston (on Pelješac) won't cope with vast amounts of tourist traffic going through it, and the A1 will need to be extended to meet the bridge. I still think the best si/tuation right now is to try and get the A1 built from Dubrovnik Airport towards Neum - if they can reach the D8/D414 junction, then they can worry about the Neum bypass.

celevac liked this post
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2014, 03:44 PM   #5657
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
It's slower and more expensive than driving through BiH. Except maybe for trucks, since they would skip custom hassles.
Old December 23rd, 2014, 08:55 PM   #5658
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
Or drive through Serbia and Montenegro.

SRC_100, Adayafter liked this post
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2015, 09:54 PM   #5659
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Some pictures that i found on Panoramio:

By him:http://www.panoramio.com/user/842151...o_id=116004123

geometarkv liked this post
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2015, 10:07 PM   #5660
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
It's slower and more expensive than driving through BiH. Except maybe for trucks, since they would skip custom hassles.
I wonder how much hassle is involved in reality. There never seems to be much truck traffic at Neum, and you don't see many trucks between the MNE border and Ploce anyway.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote