daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 29th, 2015, 03:56 PM   #5801
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3274

http://www.amss.org.rs/index.php?opt...511&Itemid=210
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2015, 10:18 PM   #5802
ETSman
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
the people who are checking passports are usually called police.
Yes, of course. My bad!

That still doesn't change anything haha :P

FK SARAJEVO
ETSman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 10:45 PM   #5803
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
The waiting times for the borders to Hungary just show 0 in the link. Any other good website for checking ? Thanks.
you will really hardly find something else except 0 appearing at section H-HR borders the only thing that could happen is maybe 15-20 min waiting at Letenye/Goričan in peak summer weekends.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:14 AM   #5804
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
you will really hardly find something else except 0 appearing at section H-HR borders the only thing that could happen is maybe 15-20 min waiting at Letenye/Goričan in peak summer weekends.
Meanwhile being stuck for hours at HR-non EU crossings is normal in summer

I remember a monumental queue last summer at Karasovici/Vitaljina - I was coming from the MNE direction with a queue of around 30 seconds, but the border police told me at Vitaljina that the queue was already 4-5 hours at Karasovici and at least 3 hours so far at Vitaljina.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2015, 08:33 AM   #5805
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1521

it is not normal, there are 3 days like that.
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 12:36 PM   #5806
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Latest design of Peljesac bridge was presented yesterday, with acces roads.
Two lanes, with emergency lanes, lenght 2402m, 55m hight over sea level.
Acces roads including new road on Peljesac peninsula will be also two lane road.
Bridge cost about 200 mil €, total cost with roads 380 mil €.

http://www.hrvatske-ceste.hr/default.aspx?id=254

Last edited by zezi; July 16th, 2015 at 12:42 PM.
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 12:56 PM   #5807
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Does this bridge design allow later expansion to 2+2? It looks almost wide enough.

Also are there any plans for bridges across bays of Slano and Zaton that would make access over D8 to Dubrovnik considerably faster?

Last edited by keber; July 16th, 2015 at 01:01 PM.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 12:56 PM   #5808
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

They should have planned it with four lanes, in order to be suitable to carry the future A1 motorway between Ploce and Dubrovnik.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

darko06 liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 01:08 PM   #5809
keber

There won't be any motorway here.
And frankly speaking I think it is not needed, traffic is not that high, also transit should go above Dubrovnik through BiH. What Dubrovnik needs in my opinion is a quality connection with the rest of Croatia and that could be done with a two lane road and designed speed limit of at least 80 km/h all the way.

zezi, toonczyk liked this post
Old July 16th, 2015, 01:31 PM   #5810
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Does this bridge design allow later expansion to 2+2? It looks almost wide enough.

Also are there any plans for bridges across bays of Slano and Zaton that would make access over D8 to Dubrovnik considerably faster?
I dont think so couse during presentation it was said it will be two lane with emergency ( narrow) lanes.

There are no such plans, i think it it becouse their trying to preserve those two bays .
Instead there is a plan for motorway/expressway or another road more inland, near the border.
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 02:01 PM   #5811
keber

I think both bays would be better preserved with bridges. Now all traffic runs right through middle of both towns and right beside beaches.
And realistically, I don't see any possibility of an expressway or motorway in foreseeable future if there is an international plan to build a transit motorway just 10-15 km north of it even if it is in another country. Even in high peak summer weekends it doesn't look to be enough traffic on D8 to justify a 2+2 expressway.

zezi liked this post
Old July 21st, 2015, 05:29 PM   #5812
i15

Likes (Received): 608

a little OT: is it legal to have dashcam on when crossing the HR border? I've read somewhere that it is illegal. I would like to record my journey through HU and HR
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2015, 08:09 PM   #5813
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
There won't be any motorway here.
And frankly speaking I think it is not needed, traffic is not that high, also transit should go above Dubrovnik through BiH. What Dubrovnik needs in my opinion is a quality connection with the rest of Croatia and that could be done with a two lane road and designed speed limit of at least 80 km/h all the way.
Quote:
I think both bays would be better preserved with bridges. Now all traffic runs right through middle of both towns and right beside beaches.
And realistically, I don't see any possibility of an expressway or motorway in foreseeable future if there is an international plan to build a transit motorway just 10-15 km north of it even if it is in another country. Even in high peak summer weekends it doesn't look to be enough traffic on D8 to justify a 2+2 expressway.
And the long-awaited plan for the Adriatic-Jonian motorway between Italy and Greece?
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2015, 09:02 PM   #5814
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
And the long-awaited plan for the Adriatic-Jonian motorway between Italy and Greece?
And where is albania then? Not earlier than 2030
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:22 AM   #5815
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
What international plan? There's just a bold imagination of JP Autoceste FBiH to build the Adriatic-Ionian motorway through BiH. Too bad that the area north of Dubrovnik where the motorway could be built belongs to Republika Srpska and not the Federation. And more worse: Republika Srpska has no plan for a motorway there...

Oh, and don't forget that BiH is more or less bankrupt and they don't have money to built the important motorways and expressways (e.g. A1, motorway to Zenica - Tuzla, motoway Dobolj - Brcko and so on) so where should the money come from to build a motorway there. That plan is just a figment...

darko06 liked this post
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 01:04 AM   #5816
čarli

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Oh, and don't forget that BiH is more or less bankrupt and they don't have money to built the important motorways and expressways (e.g. A1, motorway to Zenica - Tuzla, motoway Dobolj - Brcko and so on) so where should the money come from to build a motorway there. That plan is just a figment...
Zenica and Tuzla are not in Republika Srpska And there is no plan that motorway between these two towns will be ever built. Doboj - Odžak (and not Brčko as you wrote) is planned and will be built eventually. Maybe/probably as a PPP...
čarli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 02:24 AM   #5817
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by čarli View Post
Zenica and Tuzla are not in Republika Srpska
I did not claim that! I speak of BiH as whole.

Quote:
And there is no plan that motorway between these two towns will be ever built.
Of course there's the plan:

If it will ever be built is another story...

Quote:
Doboj - Odžak (and not Brčko as you wrote) is planned and will be built eventually. Maybe/probably as a PPP...
I didn't speak about A1 / corridor V in that case (as I mentioned it before) but about the west-east motorway towards Serbia. But you're right, JP Autoputevi Republike Srpske plans to avoid Brcko but build the motorway south of Brcko... Too bad that this territory of the Federation... I mixed that up with planned Tuzla-Brcko (-Orasje) of JP Autocesta FBiH...

But I have to correct myself, JP Autoputevi Republike Srpske really plans a connection north of Dubrovnik. But as expressway ("Brzi put", the english legend is wrong) not as motorway. But that don't change much: There's no money for it.

darko06 liked this post
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:22 PM   #5818
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1521

Quote:
JP Autoputevi Republike Srpske plans to avoid Brcko but build the motorway south of Brcko... Too bad that this territory of the Federation...
You have mixed up everything. RS doesn't plan to build motorway around Brcko trough federation territory, but Brcko district is planing to do that, through Brcko district territory.
And that map is outdated.
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 01:02 PM   #5819
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
What international plan? There's just a bold imagination of JP Autoceste FBiH to build the Adriatic-Ionian motorway through BiH. Too bad that the area north of Dubrovnik where the motorway could be built belongs to Republika Srpska and not the Federation. And more worse: Republika Srpska has no plan for a motorway there...
but they have plan to build an international airport there

darko06 liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 01:33 PM   #5820
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2 View Post
You have mixed up everything. RS doesn't plan to build motorway around Brcko trough federation territory, but Brcko district is planing to do that, through Brcko district territory.
Pardon? Look at the maps above... It's not a secret that the plans of both entities doesn't match each other.

Quote:
And that map is outdated.
It's the one posted on the website of JP Autoputevi Republike Srpske. If there are other plans, don't blame me, blame JP Autoputevi Republike Srpske for outdated informations. But I guess there's even no money for updating documents...

darko06 liked this post