daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2015, 02:21 PM   #5821
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
but they have plan to build an international airport there
If it will be one where low cost flights land, I'm waiting for it
Perfect airport for visiting Dubrovnik area
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2015, 02:32 PM   #5822
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1521

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Pardon? Look at the maps above... It's not a secret that the plans of both entities doesn't match each other.
I dont have to look at the wrong maps.

Quote:
It's the one posted on the website of JP Autoputevi Republike Srpske. If there are other plans, don't blame me, blame JP Autoputevi Republike Srpske for outdated informations. But I guess there's even no money for updating documents...
I don't have to blame anyone, I am just telling you the truth so that you know as well. Yes there is no money to update map, satisfied?
What a bias
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 02:34 PM   #5823
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5090

Quote:

It's the one posted on the website of JP Autoputevi Republike Srpske. If there are other plans, don't blame me, blame JP Autoputevi Republike Srpske for outdated informations. But I guess there's even no money for updating documents...
Now it's pretty obvious that this guy is trolling, besides that he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about
nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 02:46 PM   #5824
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19358

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2 View Post
I dont have to look at the wrong maps.

I don't have to blame anyone, I am just telling you the truth so that you know as well. Yes there is no money to update map, satisfied?
What a bias
You may want to take a more friendly approach to others. I see you mouthing off everyone all the time. You don't make friends that way and cause people to lose interest in these threads you post in.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

KHS, darko06, Verso liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 03:57 PM   #5825
BL2
I bin a Wiena

I think you quoted wrong person, because I have explained to this guy that the maps are wrong and that what is he saying is not true. And he replays me in cynic way and you are warning me?

let me quote it to you

Quote:
But I guess there's even no money for updating documents.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 10:19 PM   #5826
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

I'm not saying that it's not true that there are other maps, I just said that those are the official maps of both JP FBiH and JP Autoputevi Republike Srpske. There are no other maps on their websites. I can't look on other maps than the official ones...

Look by yourselves:
http://www.autoputevirs.com/aprs/Doc...ir&id=206&br=0
http://jpautoceste.gmapa.ba/20110308...voja-autocesta

And about the financial situation in BiH:
http://www.bosniatoday.ba/no-money-f...-cut-spending/

It's no secret hat BiH lacks money for infrastructure projects... It's the same e.g. in Croatia and Montenegro. And not my fault. I wish there would be another situation...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 02:12 AM   #5827
BL2
I bin a Wiena

you wouldn't wish that, but that is not the topic. The fact is the map from site autoputevirs is not precise and not relevant. For someone who is so in motorway construction you are quite ignorant.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 12:23 PM   #5828
stickedy

Then, would you please be so kind and give us other informations?
Old July 23rd, 2015, 12:25 PM   #5829
BL2
I bin a Wiena

yes
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=5818
Old July 23rd, 2015, 01:33 PM   #5830
stickedy

Quote:
A bit more "official" informations, e.g. a map or press article would be a little bit more hmm reliable...

makaveli6 liked this post
Old July 23rd, 2015, 01:57 PM   #5831
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Brcko
http://www.putevibrcko.ba/obilaznica?pismo=cir
Old July 23rd, 2015, 02:03 PM   #5832
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5090

Brčko bypass is not part of Doboj-Bijeljina highway, it's just a regular state road (magistralni put)
nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 02:14 PM   #5833
BL2
I bin a Wiena

it is, but in the 1st phase it will be half-profile with roundabouts, second phase will be upgrading it to full profile.

Blue doted line (below red one) is normal highway, red line is motorway, part of Vukoslavlje-Bijeljina motorway.
here is the link for the detailed map

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7045/6...5c5f26c5_o.jpg

definitivo liked this post

Last edited by BL2; July 26th, 2015 at 05:28 PM.
Old July 26th, 2015, 01:54 PM   #5834
stickedy

Thanks for the links. So, it seems they have corrected the alignment there. Okay, however, I hope everyone who looks at the maps realizes that there are many more much more important motorways and expressways planned in BiH that an unimportant motorway (for BiH!) between Metkovic and Trebinje (or border to MNE).

And looking how long it takes to build just a bypass for a city, you can imagine how long it would take that there would really be built a motorway there...
Old July 26th, 2015, 02:40 PM   #5835
BL2
I bin a Wiena

that mtwy only makes sense if it is part of bigger project, alone without mwy in MNE, HR, AL and GRE is useless.
Old July 26th, 2015, 06:46 PM   #5836
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
that mtwy only makes sense if it is part of bigger project, alone without mwy in MNE, HR, AL and GRE is useless.
Yes, it would be a very important project for SE Europe. Currently there are more than 1,100 km virtually without motorways between Ploce (HR) and Kalamata (GR).
https://www.google.it/maps/dir/Plo%C...7!2d37.0737783
It would also benefit tourism to Greece, as it will make feasible to drive from Trieste to Igoumenitsa in a day.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

darko06 liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 10:49 PM   #5837
stickedy

Quote:
Yes, of course. However, the biggest gap today is Montenegro. Without a proper connection on the other side of the border, a motorway or expressway from Metkovic to Trebinje is just a waste of money.

BTW, in Greece the A5 in Greece from Patras to Ioaninna is under construction and will be read in the next years. The missing gap to the border is not that big. And in Albania you have at least some level of expressway or a good and wide national road on about 90% of the whole stretch. So this two countries aren't really a problem and traffic is low at moment. Albania could expand most parts to 2x2 easily.

But Montenegro is a problem. They are currently building the first part of their north-south motorway. It will take several years to finish and before that, constructing a new motorway is impossible - if it won't be financed by EU. I don't expect beginning of constructing an east-west motorway in Montenegro before 2025.

In my opinion, Croatia will built an expressway from Doli to Dubrovnik Airport if the bridge is financed by EU. And that will be before 2025.

darko06 liked this post
Old July 26th, 2015, 10:54 PM   #5838
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
It would also benefit tourism to Greece, as it will make feasible to drive from Trieste to Igoumenitsa in a day.
That's already possible, it takes about 20 hours with breakes. Either about 1500 km on motorways/expressways though Serbia or about 1250 km through Montenegro. However, a complete motorway or expressway would be much better. At least it's urgent to make something in Montenegro. It's a mess there

darko06 liked this post
Old July 26th, 2015, 10:59 PM   #5839
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
That's already possible, it takes about 20 hours with breakes. Either about 1500 km on motorways/expressways though Serbia or about 1250 km through Montenegro. However, a complete motorway or expressway would be much better. At least it's urgent to make something in Montenegro. It's a mess there
Driving 20 hours in a day is very difficult, and also dangerous if you're the only driver. With the Adriatic-Ionian motorway complete (including Divaca-Jelsane in SLO and A7 all the way to A1 in HR), it will probably take around 12 hours.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

definitivo, darko06 liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 11:52 PM   #5840
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Quote:
Yes, of course. However, the biggest gap today is Montenegro. Without a proper connection on the other side of the border, a motorway or expressway from Metkovic to Trebinje is just a waste of money.

BTW, in Greece the A5 in Greece from Patras to Ioaninna is under construction and will be read in the next years. The missing gap to the border is not that big. And in Albania you have at least some level of expressway or a good and wide national road on about 90% of the whole stretch. So this two countries aren't really a problem and traffic is low at moment. Albania could expand most parts to 2x2 easily.

But Montenegro is a problem. They are currently building the first part of their north-south motorway. It will take several years to finish and before that, constructing a new motorway is impossible - if it won't be financed by EU. I don't expect beginning of constructing an east-west motorway in Montenegro before 2025.

In my opinion, Croatia will built an expressway from Doli to Dubrovnik Airport if the bridge is financed by EU. And that will be before 2025.
Albanian road connection are normal "magistralas" the same roads you have in MNE and BiH, we are talking about real motorways here.