daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 5th, 2015, 11:59 AM   #5901
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

A5 - Drava bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky031 View Post

SiB.hr

LG_, SRC_100, Adayafter liked this post
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2015, 04:36 PM   #5902
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezi View Post
Did you drive on D8 between Maslenica and Senj?
No, never. I thought about it when coming from Gospic, but went over the mountains instead.

That ferry must have been one of the few cases of a (previously) viable coastal line, I guess?

Speaking of the D8 in general, why is it in such bad condition in some areas? I'm staying between Split and Omis, and what surprises me is the lack of street lights and pavements at some points.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 06:16 PM   #5903
zezi
is out there

Between Maslenica and Senj D8 is very curvy, doesnt have much traffic and fun to drive but also very tirering.

Why is D8 like that?
Lots of reasons. Road is conecting and passing through urban areas , houses were build around main road, service ( paralel ) roads havent been build, due to tourism prices of land Is very high, and area for building between bila and se is very narrow. Nowdays is too expensive to make big diference. Thats reason why motorway was build inland.

Anyway - i sugest you visit Cetina river from Omiš inland. For me very nice place Radmanove mlinice, and some beautiful viev from d70 above Omiš and Zakucac. Also beautiful view from old fort above Omiš.
Omiš is very nice for me due to combination of mountin, sea and river but traffic and crowds are very exhausting.
Old August 5th, 2015, 06:24 PM   #5904
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

The seem to be constructing a new bypass of some sort at Omiš.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Adayafter, Luki_SL liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 06:33 PM   #5905
zezi
is out there

Yeah. One day it will be finished. Maybe for 50 years. No money.

It will look like this

Even tunnel to Cetina on east side is finished but west side have not even started, and no idea when it will be build

Adayafter, LG_ liked this post
Old August 5th, 2015, 08:57 PM   #5906
Eulanthe

I'll go and take some pictures tomorrow, but it's very badly needed. The D8 here in Dugi Rat is busy at all hours, and the jam in Omiš is about 2-3km long at night.

Even getting that bypass of Omiš open from Dugi Rat to Omiš-East would really take a lot of pressure off Omiš from the looks of things. I went over the other night, and traffic was backed up to the entrance of Omiš. Could the EU not be interested in funding it as a measure to relieve the coastal towns?

Zezi - is Omiš a popular place for people from Split to go to? I noticed when walking around there that it was mostly Croatian people walking around - unlike other places. Split was annoyingly full of British people
Old August 5th, 2015, 09:58 PM   #5907
zezi
is out there

Yes it is. That part have long sand (and small gravel/pebels) beaches, thats why its so popular
Old August 7th, 2015, 12:52 AM   #5908
Eulanthe

Today's report :

The D8 from Split to Trogir is mostly a nice and fast road, but there's an annoying 5km section of single carriageway road. They seem to be building the missing carriageway now, though. Trogir itself is a mess - huge queues at the entrance and police having to control the traffic. Otherwise, everything is thoroughly pleasant - just the traffic is incredibly heavy, but there's not much Croatia can do about that. People drive so slowly here though compared to Poland :P

But what is with these very weird signs in Split?

https://www.google.hr/maps/@43.51109...2!8i6656?hl=en

Next mission - Dugi Rat to Metkovic on Saturday morning. And as I like to be punished, I'll do it on the D8.

Ten kuna says I'm going to be taken to the divorce court after this holiday

Last edited by Eulanthe; August 7th, 2015 at 01:16 AM.
Old August 7th, 2015, 08:29 AM   #5909
zezi
is out there

Near Trogir new bridge is UC with EU money, it will make life easyer couse on Island of Ciovo there are lots of apartments for tourist, and weekend houses.

Suggestion - if you dont want to loose time in Omiš ( pronašli about 2 HRS in jams) go dugi rat - Split - A1- Šestanovac Exit- back to D8. In kilometers it is much longer but it will be faster and you will still see D8.
Another idea - When you reach Makarska use D512 - that is road with beautiful view.

Anyway - if you dont want to go to Omiš go around especialy on saturday
PS. You are going on maraton lađa ( old river boat race)? Thats nice. It will be crowded

Last edited by zezi; August 7th, 2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old August 7th, 2015, 03:49 PM   #5910
Eulanthe

I'll leave tomorrow morning from Croatia for the next part of my holiday in Bosnia, so I hope Omiš will be okay early in the morning I didn't know about the maraton lađa, but now that you've mentioned it... I hope traffic won't be too insane early in the morning in the direction of BiH

Is the bridge in Trogir connected to the upgrade of D8? It looks so badly needed - that existing bridge to Ciovo (as well as Ciovo itself) was just choked with traffic.

Last edited by Eulanthe; August 7th, 2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old August 7th, 2015, 04:22 PM   #5911
zezi
is out there

Dont use border crosing in Metković center. It is alway a long wait. On Motorway is much better.

Ciovo bridge and D8 upgrade are seperate projects, but they are U/C at same time and both cofinanced by EU.
Building Ciovo bridge live http://www.viadukt.hr/gradiliste-mosta-kopno-otok-ciovo

Here http://www.hak.hr/en ( Croatian autoclub) you can check contions on roads and border crosing.
Old August 7th, 2015, 08:44 PM   #5912
Eulanthe

I'm planning to go through Nova Sela, yes - it's the only option on summer Saturdays it seems. I'll try Gabela Polje first, but if it's jammed, then there's the other one north of Metkovic towards Bijaca that should be ok. If that fails...Nova Sela it is

darko06 liked this post
Old August 7th, 2015, 09:49 PM   #5913
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5090

I crossed on Gabela Polje a few days ago and waited for like 5 mins while radio reported huge jam on Doljani and 1 hr waiting there
nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 12:35 AM   #5914
Eulanthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestvaran View Post
I crossed on Gabela Polje a few days ago and waited for like 5 mins while radio reported huge jam on Doljani and 1 hr waiting there
Fingers crossed that it will be clear, then

Then again, I almost want there to be a jam so I can have an excuse to cross both directions on foot...
Old August 8th, 2015, 12:26 PM   #5915
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
I made the most stupid mistake of my life today.

I drove from Zagreb to Split on the A1. Yes. I know. You can laugh.

Anyway, carnage at Lucko (the jam was starting on the Zagreb bypass), so I drove to Exit 1 and entered the motorway there. From there to the A6 junction was tolerable, although there were 3 jams that lasted for around 10 minutes each for no real reason apart from various idiots of different nationalities driving like morons.

After the A6, again no major problems - one jam was just before one tunnel, but okay, nothing major. Traffic was very very heavy, but again, tolerable. But Croatian Radio kept reporting a huge jam from the Gospic junction to the entrance of the Sveti Rok tunnel. So we exited at Gospic and asked at the toll station, and apparently there was a huge jam on both sides of the tunnel. Apparently there was a 10km jam in the direction of Zagreb, and a huge jam in the direction of Zadar.

So we went over the mountains instead to Maslenica. I have to admit - I was very very impressed with the D50, D27 and D54. Those roads are a real drivers dream, especially the D27.

Anyway, from Maslenica to Split was fine. Plenty upon plenty of retards on the road, but all in all, tolerable. What seems to cause all the carnage on the A1 is the amount of tourist idiots sitting on the left lane. People were driving 80 on the right lane (why, why?!) - but there were also plenty of idiots sitting at 110 on the left lane.

A question - how new is the D1 from Split to the A1 junction? That road is amazing...

Anyway, I've done the A1 on a summer weekend and never, ever again
i made the most stupid mistake of my life yesterday. i took D27/D1 instead of A1 returning back from my vacation. as soon as i reached D1 (btw i took whole D27 in the whole length) i was caught by speed camera placed just to feed those bastards in various ministries (50 km/h zone in so-called inhabited area, although the road was surrounded by meadows on that stretch). it pissed me off so i sweared that i will never save 20€ for tolls anymore. (after 15min of talking and checking my shoes number, officer just left me go with some warning because he offered me lower fine, but i insisted on the highest possible - it's my tactic, attack is the best defense ).
Old August 18th, 2015, 03:40 PM   #5916
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Is there any information available about new speed controls on A7 Rijeka Bypass toward Krk? I saw some boxes, are they already operative on some stretches with ridiculous speed limits like 60 or 70 km/h?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 06:07 PM   #5917
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Is there any information available about new speed controls on A7 Rijeka Bypass toward Krk? I saw some boxes, are they already operative on some stretches with ridiculous speed limits like 60 or 70 km/h?
- here on western entrance to tunnel Škurinje II

-here before exit Diračje westbound.

-southern exit from the city in the tunnel Pećine around the intersection inside the tunnel on this location

-exit Draga westbound here

-and 5 more locations inside the city, mostly along D8

They have nicely equipped Rijeka.

Adayafter liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 02:40 AM   #5918
Eulanthe

Okay, going on from "stupid mistakes".

I made the stupid mistake of trying to go from Bihać to Macelj last Saturday. Even more of a disaster than two weeks ago, because after crossing at Licko Petrovo Selo at 17:30...

D1 from Plitvice-Karlovac was dreadful. Constant tourist brake-at-every-bend traffic, endless towns and a whole lot of frustration. The whole road needs some sort of parallel route, but I guess the road is fine from September-May.

D1 in Karlovac was nice, but what's going on here? https://www.google.pl/maps/@45.47532...2!8i6656?hl=en

A1 towards Zagreb was utterly rubbish. Traffic reports suggested a 3km jam at Lucko, so I took the last exit and went over to the A3 instead. Painless, can't complain.

A2 was full of morons, and the radio suggested a 6km jam in front of the Krapina junction, so we got stuck in a small jam and managed to exit at the Sveti Križ Začretje exit instead. It transpired when heading north that the Krapina junction had been totally closed (no idea why...) and that traffic was in a complete mess. Kept driving up to Durmanec, where it became obvious that there was also a huge mess in front of the Trakošćan toll station. Bypassed that as well, then went to see how bad the situation was in front of Macelj. That was also horrendous, so an attempt was made to sneak into Slovenia using the old border crossing...that failed, so we went to Hum na Sutli instead.

Of course, I checked when I got home, and discovered a border crossing not far from Trakošćan
Old August 19th, 2015, 09:00 AM   #5919
Des
Traveller

Likes (Received): 804

Quote:
D1 from Plitvice-Karlovac was dreadful. Constant tourist brake-at-every-bend traffic, endless towns and a whole lot of frustration. The whole road needs some sort of parallel route, but I guess the road is fine from September-May.
I drove there in October and the whole D1 from Split past Plitvice to the Zagreb motor way was empty.

Ps what is up with the border crossing at Licko Petrovo Selo? I passed there last year and it seems a bit extreme in size for the small roads it is connecting? Again there were no other cars when I was there.
Old August 19th, 2015, 02:48 PM   #5920
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Okay, going on from "stupid mistakes".
You have experienced the most chaotic traffic weekend this season as everyone were on the roads so don't blame it to yourself much.
On Sunday I've been in several jams and thanks to GPS navigation I didn't spend much in those jams as I found nice detours with almost no traffic.

It is strange however: At tunnel Učka toll station toward Rijeka almost no one used bank cards for toll payment. I was alone in rightmost queue which was reserved for ENC and fast automatic bank/credit card payments as everyone rather used cash in about 1 km long jam.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote