daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 19th, 2015, 07:13 PM   #5921
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post

D1 in Karlovac was nice, but what's going on here? https://www.google.pl/maps/@45.47532...2!8i6656?hl=en
it will be bypass of Turanj one day.. the bridge over Korana is already made, however, it is known as one of the most stupid pre-elections ass kissings. just after the elections the construction site was abandoned and since 2009 it stands just like that

Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2015, 10:53 PM   #5922
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1521

there you can see it on google
https://www.google.at/maps/place/Tur...2037fb51c9bcb9
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 11:09 PM   #5923
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des View Post
I drove there in October and the whole D1 from Split past Plitvice to the Zagreb motor way was empty.
That explains it, it was silly summer Saturday in Croatia anyway What was it like to drive?

Quote:
Ps what is up with the border crossing at Licko Petrovo Selo? I passed there last year and it seems a bit extreme in size for the small roads it is connecting? Again there were no other cars when I was there.
It's because Licko Petrovo Selo is one of the border crossings at which fruit and vegetables may be exported (one of only 6, I believe). I'm not sure if BiH actually can export them since the Croatian accession to the EU, but the possibility exists at least.

From what I remember, Licko Petrovo Selo was funded and was seen as the "future of Balkan border crossings" - so there was a sort of political element to it too. There are high hopes in BiH of really making something out of the Una, so what seems to be an over-engineered crossing right now might actually turn out to be needed. Anyway, in summer, it's heavily used - 10-15 minute waits there are normal most days.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2015, 02:14 AM   #5924
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Izacic - Licko Petrovo Selo is the main crossing from Western BiH (Bihac region) to Croatia. And there are plans to build an expressway in BiH to Izacic which would increase traffic.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 02:17 PM   #5925
bogdymol
bogdymod

Next week I will drive to Croatia on holiday. My route will be from north (Slovenia, nearby Trieste in Italy), to Rijeka, then Split and then further south until Dubrovnik (including passing through those 10 km in Bosnia). The section between Rijeka and south of Split (Brela to be more exact) I will do it next Sunday. Would there be serious issues with high values of traffic?

At the return I will drive from Dubrovnik to Plitvice Lakes, then Zagreb and then to Romania (I still haven't decided if from Zagreb I will drive through Budapesta and then Szeged and Romania, or through Osijek).

I understood that credit cards are accepted to pay the motorway toll. Are there special lanes for credit cards (like in Italy for example), or all lanes are for both cards and cash? I understood one time that, during the peak season, it is better to pay by card as it goes faster. Is that so?

I also understood that you can pay in cash with Euros. What's the exchange rate? Is this valid on all motorway exits?

Any other suggestions are welcome
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Last edited by bogdymol; August 30th, 2015 at 04:24 PM.
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 02:37 PM   #5926
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Do you want to drive the whole route on D8? Then you would need about 8 to 10 hours from Rijeka to Brela! You can't drive very fast on the coastal road. Keep that in mind. Traffic is most likey dense in Split and perhaps in Omis, but it should not be a major problem.

On the normal toll booths (at the exit of motorway) you can pay with credit card and cash on the same booths. The exchange rate Kuna - Euro is close to the "official" exchange rate (no extra amount like in Macedonia) and you get Kuna back. It's a nice way to get yourself some Kuna.

There's a big toll station just before Zagreb, coming from the south (Lucko). There you have a complete toll station for payment with card a few kilometers before the cash toll station. If you pick that one you normally avoid some traffic jam. It's signed very well.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 04:17 PM   #5927
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

@ Bogdymol
In adition with stickedy answer: Rijeka - Split ( Brela)using D8 will be very slow and exhausting to drive. In that case junction A7/D8 end of Rijeka bypass could be jamed ( Krk island /bridge ) . Also Omiš will be jamed.
In my opinion combination A6/A1 is better choice if you want to arrive fast. Exit Šestanovac ( if you want to avoid tunel Sv. Ilija Biokovo It has seperate toll). No jams are expected.

Only toll with seperate payment and faster payment with credit card is on A1 before Zagreb - Demerje. Other dont have separate credit card payment. Anyway on toll boot will be sign. FYI -ENC is electronic payment with device.
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 04:25 PM   #5928
bogdymol
bogdymod

I never said I will drive on the coastal route from Rijeka until Split.

I'll use a combination of motorway and coastal route. My ideea is: departing Rijeka on Sunday morning, driving on E65 (non-motorway) south to Senj, then A1 motorway until Split. Taking a walk in Split, then driving on the coastal route to Brela. Next day, driving from Brela to Dubrovnik on the motorway (as long as the motorway exists).
Old August 30th, 2015, 04:29 PM   #5929
i15

Likes (Received): 608

I drove from Goričan to Makarska on saturday august 22nd around noon. There were short delay when entering A1 at Lučko and quite high traffic on the way towards Karlovac. Traffic flow stoped once for mysterious reason, probably because of truck driving uphill slowly

After we passed Bosiljevo, traffic was OK in our direction, but we saw huge jam in opposite direction between Zadar and Sveti Rok tunnel.

Driving home on staurday august 29th afternoon was fine. At Zagreb, I chosed Demerje toll station where you pay with bank card and I didn't wait longer than 1 minute. Cars driving through "cash only" station Lučko were standing in 2km long queue
i15 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 11:46 PM   #5930
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I never said I will drive on the coastal route from Rijeka until Split.

I'll use a combination of motorway and coastal route. My ideea is: departing Rijeka on Sunday morning, driving on E65 (non-motorway) south to Senj, then A1 motorway until Split. Taking a walk in Split, then driving on the coastal route to Brela. Next day, driving from Brela to Dubrovnik on the motorway (as long as the motorway exists).
good idea. enter A1 at Žuta Lokva (near Senj). you have good car, it will not be a problem for you to climb from Senj to motorway entrance (cca 700 m difference in only 15 km).
Split - Brela also take longer route via A1 because D8 just south of Split is a disaster even out of touristic season (although when you climb back to motorway, you will lose enough time as you will lose in queues between Split and Omiš, so you chose).

when going back, take motorway all the way to Gornja Ploča, and there take exit to D1 which you will join in Udbina.

you can expect higher volumes of traffic only near larger cities in September.

about tolls - along A7 and A1 which you will be using, just use manual lanes, there you can pay with cards (mostly manned way, so you give to cashier your card). when going back, approaching Zagreb take turn to toll plaza Demerje 5 km before Zagreb. there you have 10 unmanned lanes which are all combined electronic toll + card payment (jsut stay away of 2 "fast enc" lanes, they are only for electronic tolling, but you will notice it).
Old August 31st, 2015, 12:49 AM   #5931
martin0102

Likes (Received): 0

I did the same route pre-last friday morning: Rijeka- A7xD8 good, A7xD8 was full-10 minutes queue, D8-Senj was totally full 60-70kmh, no chance to oovertake. I was so exhausted so I took Exit Žuta Lokva and get to Ploče on highway. It was empty.
Then from Ploče to Dubrovnik I drive in dense traffic because of weather (rainy). BiH borders was good (maybe 2 minutes each).
Safe ride and nice holidays
martin0102 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2015, 02:45 AM   #5932
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 410

Make sure to listen to the Croatian Automobile Club reports too - they're every hour on HR2 (I think...?). The English speaking guy this summer is constantly drunk, just to add to the comedy value of it all. He sounds like a pirate that's drinking rum. When I was driving from Zagreb to Split, it actually seemed like he was getting more and more drunk as the day progressed.

čarli, Verso, x-type, Christophorus liked this post
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2015, 07:48 PM   #5933
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
you have good car, it will not be a problem for you to climb from Senj to motorway entrance (cca 700 m difference in only 15 km).
I climbed on Saturday on a road with 21% incline in Austria. It should be fine

Thank you all for the suggestions
Old September 11th, 2015, 07:43 PM   #5934
vespafrederic

Likes (Received): 17

Regarding A1 motorway what is the plan to solve the Neum corridor issue? The Peljesac bridge is cancelled? Are there any timeline when will the motorway reach Dubrovnik?
vespafrederic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2015, 07:46 PM   #5935
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2079

No.

The issue has already been discussed many times in this thread.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2015, 08:34 PM   #5936
vespafrederic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
No.

The issue has already been discussed many times in this thread.
Sorry for asking it, I just take my holidays in Dalmatia, and yesterday I was visiting Neum. I saw some abandoned construction sites, which was look like some kind of bridge construction.
Old September 11th, 2015, 09:30 PM   #5937
Gedeon

Likes (Received): 12469

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespafrederic View Post
Sorry for asking it, I just take my holidays in Dalmatia, and yesterday I was visiting Neum. I saw some abandoned construction sites, which was look like some kind of bridge construction.
Pelješac bridge construction will most likely resume next year (now under EU funding), but motorway won't go over it. Only a new state road connection.

Most likely motorway will go through BiH (behind Dubrovnik) to Montenegro. There is simply not enough space in Croatia to build a motorway to Dubrovnik without it being an eyesore.
Gedeon está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2015, 09:40 PM   #5938
vespafrederic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
Pelješac bridge construction will most likely resume next year (now under EU funding), but motorway won't go over it. Only a new state road connection.

Most likely motorway will go through BiH (behind Dubrovnik) to Montenegro. There is simply not enough space in Croatia to build a motorway to Dubrovnik without it being an eyesore.
Thanks! It means all the motorway will run in the territory of BIH, or just at the Neum territory?
Old September 11th, 2015, 09:53 PM   #5939
x-type
con los terroristas

i think that expressway through Croatian teritory will be built much sooner than the motorway through BIH in direction south.
Old September 11th, 2015, 09:57 PM   #5940
Gedeon

Likes (Received): 12469

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespafrederic View Post
Thanks! It means all the motorway will run in the territory of BIH, or just at the Neum territory?
Motorway will leave Croatia at Metković (where it already does) and not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i think that expressway through Croatian teritory will be built much sooner than the motorway through BIH in direction south.
Neither is necessary ATM. D-roads will be suitable for quite some time (30 years, according to Pelješac bridge feasibility study).
Gedeon está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote