daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 11th, 2015, 10:11 PM   #5941
vespafrederic

Likes (Received): 17

[QUOTE=Gedeon;127014191]Motorway will leave Croatia at Metković (where it already does) and not return.

Thanks!
vespafrederic no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2015, 10:20 PM   #5942
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespafrederic View Post
Thanks! It means all the motorway will run in the territory of BIH, or just at the Neum territory?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
Motorway will leave Croatia at Metković (where it already does) and not return.
Not true. It was planned to have an interchange about 2km in front of the border to BIH. I think the correct answer is: No one knows what will happen.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2015, 10:31 PM   #5943
definitivo

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Not true. I think the correct answer is: No one knows what will happen.
...balkan...everything is possible...
definitivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2015, 04:19 PM   #5944
i15

Likes (Received): 609

A1 Zagvozd (Makarska) - odmorište Brinje on August 29th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkN3ErrkohQ

11x timelapsed to 13m16s, no sound
2h26min / 307 km / avg 126 kmh / max 140kmh

Brinje is my favourite odmorište, but I was dissapointed this year. On the way to the sea I had to wait for 10 minutes to gas pump start working and on the way back, gas pump didn't work at all

piotr71, x-type liked this post
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2015, 01:31 PM   #5945
Gedeon

Likes (Received): 12471

Quote:
Not true. It was planned to have an interchange about 2km in front of the border to BIH. I think the correct answer is: No one knows what will happen.
Trust me, am from Balkans. Me knows how things workings here.
Gedeon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2015, 05:51 PM   #5946
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i think that expressway through Croatian teritory will be built much sooner than the motorway through BIH in direction south.
Likewise. I can't imagine BiH having money to build such a corridor, unless the EU pays.

I still forsee the construction of a Dubrovnik bypass to the airport at some point in the next 10 years, as well as possibly some upgrades between Zaton Doli and Dubrovnik, but that's about it.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2015, 12:44 AM   #5947
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
Pelješac bridge construction will most likely resume next year (now under EU funding), but motorway won't go over it. Only a new state road connection.

Most likely motorway will go through BiH (behind Dubrovnik) to Montenegro. There is simply not enough space in Croatia to build a motorway to Dubrovnik without it being an eyesore.
That's not correct! There's a finished plan for a motorway from Doli to Osojnik: http://motorways-exitlists.com/europe/hr/a1.htm

Afaik everything is finished, if there's money, they can begin to build it. However, there's no money and some Croatian politician said that the motorway should be build in BiH instead. But there's also no money for it...

So, it's unclear what will happen there. There will be a parlamentary election in the next 5 months and it's not unlikely that HDZ will win the election resulting in a new government. Also the financial plan for motorways in Croatia lasts until 2016, so next year, a new plan will be made for another 5 years. So, we will get more informations in about 1 year I guess.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2015, 02:00 AM   #5948
Gedeon

Likes (Received): 12471

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
That's not correct! There's a finished plan for a motorway from Doli to Osojnik: http://motorways-exitlists.com/europe/hr/a1.htm

Afaik everything is finished, if there's money, they can begin to build it. However, there's no money and some Croatian politician said that the motorway should be build in BiH instead. But there's also no money for it...

So, it's unclear what will happen there. There will be a parlamentary election in the next 5 months and it's not unlikely that HDZ will win the election resulting in a new government. Also the financial plan for motorways in Croatia lasts until 2016, so next year, a new plan will be made for another 5 years. So, we will get more informations in about 1 year I guess.
Yeah, good luck with securing funds to build another useless motorway... we're already in deep sh*t because of motorway overbuilding on expensive loans.

And Doli-Osojnik was pure 2009 pre-(local) election propaganda... don't trust everything you see.

Pelješac bridge will prolly be built, and some road upgrades on the way to Dubrovnik, and hopefully Dubrovnik bypass/airport connection. And that's it.

Last edited by Gedeon; September 14th, 2015 at 02:08 AM.
Gedeon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2015, 06:44 PM   #5949
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

I don't say that it will be built or that it would make sense at all. You know, politicians are all the same around the planet...

However, Doli - Dubrovnik is planned and it's also included in HAC's financial plan (see http://narodne-novine.nn.hr/clanci/s...4_01_1_32.html) with zero money for construction until 2016. Next year, we will see if the plan will be dropped, if it will be kept for another round with zero money or if it will get some money for starting construction.

So, we will have to wait and see...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2015, 09:15 PM   #5950
i15

Likes (Received): 609

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
A1 Zagvozd (Makarska) - odmorište Brinje on August 29th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkN3ErrkohQ
second part A1-A3-A4 Brinje - Zagreb - Goričan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxymGryjr_0

11x timelapse, 11m20s, no sound
average speed 106km/h
break at odmorište Sesvete is cut out
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2015, 11:18 AM   #5951
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezi View Post
D2 - latest info is summer time ( no date mentioned)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1741

A11 - September 2015
http://www.jutarnji.hr/foto--premije...sisak/1335539/
Are the projects still on schedule? Is there any updated opening date?

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old September 20th, 2015, 07:57 PM   #5952
bumbar
Bumblebee

Likes (Received): 363

A11 Jakusevec - Velika Gorica, 8.5 km

A11 highway from Jakusevec - Velika Gorica most likely to be opened just before Croatian parlamentary elections, 15.11.2015.

The highway is in the high degree of completion.

Opening this LOT, the whole highway from Zagreb -10km before Sisak will be one unit and in use.

MichiH liked this post
bumbar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2015, 08:01 PM   #5953
bumbar
Bumblebee

D2 - remaining 4.6 km of southern Osijek bypass finished at the end of October, latest November 2015.
Old September 21st, 2015, 08:16 AM   #5954
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Quote:
Are the projects still on schedule? Is there any updated opening date?
No offical opening dates, it will be finished later then announced previusly, like bumbar wrote
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 08:10 PM   #5955
MichiH

A5 construction

The Croatian HAC started a new tender procedure for A5 Sava bridge (660m). Deadline is 9th November 2015. Estimated costs are 26 million € (EIB loan and EU funds), construction period: 730 days (2 years).

For any reason, I could only find a source from BIH.

In addition, I found this English document here.

Quote:
1. “Hrvatske autoceste” d.o.o. (“HAC”) has received a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“EBRD”) and from the European Investment
Bank (“EIB”) toward the costs of the financing of construction of motorway sections along European Corridor Vc placed in Republic of Croatia.

2. All works required for the Project, which have total estimated cost of around EUR
120.000.000,00 have been already procured, including:
* Group of works I: Section Sredanci – Bosnia & Herzegovina border: route (in total length of 3,2 km);
* Group of works II: Section Sredanci – Bosnia & Herzegovina border: bridge over river SAVA, Croatian part (in total length of 0,66km) - under preparation of the tender;
* Group of works III: Section Ploče interchange – Bosnia & Herzegovina border: border crossing “Metković” (in total length of 1,5 km);
* Group of works IV: Section Ploče interchange – Bosnia & Herzegovina border: route (in total length of 7,5km);

3. New works that require the procurement will be tendered and will be solely financed from the loan savings from the EBRD loan.
These works pertain the following:
* Procurement of road equipment and utilities for furnishing the sub-section: Drava Bridge – Osijek Interchange

Note: Mentioned sub-section is placed on the north part of corridor Vc, on A5 Motorway (Beli Manastir - Osijek - Svilaj), Section 2: Beli Manastir - Osijek.

4. Tendering procedure for above stated works is expected to begin in August/September 2015
If I got it right, A5 b/n Svilaj and border (with Sava bridge) is funded but also A5 b/n Beli Manastir (or Ceminac??) and Drava bridge. That means, tender procedure for the latter should also begin "soon", shouldn't it?

Old September 21st, 2015, 08:19 PM   #5956
bumbar
Bumblebee

Corridor 5c

Drava bridge is scheduled for opening in April 2016. Highway section from Osijek - Drava bridge of 3.8 km is scheduled for opening in April 2017.

MichiH liked this post
Old September 21st, 2015, 09:34 PM   #5957
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbar View Post
Drava bridge is scheduled for opening in April 2016. Highway section from Osijek - Drava bridge of 3.8 km is scheduled for opening in April 2017.
Thanks, but I don't understand. I think it's this section, isn't it:

A5: north of Drava bridge – Osijek ~6km (July 2011 to 2016) – ? – map

There is no interchange in front or behind the bridge, so I guess the road could be completed in April 2016 but not opened!? There is also no interchange b/n Osijek interchange and the bridge, so it's not possible to open anything in April 2017 except the road north of the bridge would be opened too.

A5: HU/HR border – Beli Manastir 5.6km (? to ?) [1st c/w]– ? – map
A5: Beli Manastir – Ceminac 10km (2015/16 to ?) [1st c/w]– ? – map
A5: Ceminac – north of Drava bridge ~9km (2015/16 to 2016/17) [1st c/w]– ? – map

Which section is announced to be opened in April 2017 (or later), Osijek-Ceminac or Osijek-Beli Manastir?

Are April 2016/April 2017 just the deadlines of the contracts?

What's your source? Press release, news article, talk to constructor? Is the contract for the road north of the bridge already signed?

Old September 21st, 2015, 10:06 PM   #5958
bumbar
Bumblebee

There hasn't been any contract signed north of Drava bridge, yet.
They won't open the Osijek - Drava bridge section because there won't be an interchange north from the bridge completed till April 2017. So, they plan to finish the section but it will be unusable until they finish at least the section from the bridge till Ceminac.
There is a discussion that EU finance section of corridor vc north from Drava bridge till Mohacs in Hungary.

MichiH liked this post
Old September 21st, 2015, 10:19 PM   #5959
bumbar
Bumblebee

The plan is to build part of the corridor vc north of Drava bridge till Mohacs or at least till Croatian border as a motorway, not as a highway like it was built south from the Drava bridge.
Old September 21st, 2015, 10:23 PM   #5960
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbar View Post
as a motorway, not as a highway
What`s the difference?
Though A5 section in operation (south of Drava bridge) is a real motorway, isn`t it?
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote