daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 29th, 2015, 12:04 AM   #5981
zvonko

Likes (Received): 1911

Green = A6
Blue = Rijeka bypass A7/D8
Yellow = New A7 (planned)

zvonko no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2015, 12:30 AM   #5982
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Impressive. I knew that they plan to extend A7 all the way south to A1, but I wasn't aware of the project of the second Rijeka bypass.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2015, 12:35 AM   #5983
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

it's quite an old project. if you drove northern part of A7 between Rupa and Rijeka you could have seen already prepared space for the knot Jurdani
Old September 29th, 2015, 12:35 PM   #5984
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Really old. Still, Opatija/Lovran bypass and denivelated interchanges on Krk Island road are much more needed.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 08:13 AM   #5985
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

Is this really necessary? I mean the current by-pass only opened a few years ago. Does the traffic warrant such a huge expense? Plus it would make more sense if it was built in tandem with the Slovenes building a motorway from Rupa to Trieste, and Rupa to Postojna. And I don't see that happening any time soon.

Are there more precise plans available? Especially the section near Hreljin and Križišće.

Hvala.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 08:45 AM   #5986
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

The second bypass is just a long term plan. As far as I know, only the spatial plans have been made to make land reservation for the corridor.

The current bypass wasn't built few years ago, but in the 80's. It was upgraded to a full profile (2x2) in 2009, and it basically goes through the city, so there's a really big amount of local traffic using it.

Another thing is that there are lots of exits in small distances, curves are really sharp (on Kozala only 60 km/h), so when traffic amount rises, the current road won't be suitable any more. Of course, this would only happen in a 15-20 years from now

And about Križišće-Žuta Lokva section - this part will be built first, because it would supstitute the current corridor from Rijeka towards Dalmacija, now along D8 abd D23 state roads. There is no big traffic, but the road is not that good with all curves, serpentines, bad asphalt... As Bogdymol posted pictures of A1 south of Split, you could see that we are building some motorways mostly to handle the big number of tourists during the summer, while there are so few cars during the rest of the year
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 03:00 PM   #5987
arrested development

Likes (Received): 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiboy View Post
.................................Plus it would make more sense if it was built in tandem with the Slovenes building a motorway from Rupa to Trieste, and Rupa to Postojna. And I don't see that happening any time soon...................
What? To create Rijeka-Koper-Trieste logistic gateway to central and eastern Europe? Fantastic business proposal. Like it.

[/url]
upload img

Autobahn-mann liked this post
arrested development no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 06:44 PM   #5988
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

Thanks guys for the response.

I didn't realize that the current Rijeka bypass has been around since the 80's. I know the sections from Bakar eastward was only completed a few years ago.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 07:30 PM   #5989
Puležan

Section Orehovica-Diracje: building started 1977. and opened in 1988. in the half profile (today northern/westbound carriageway) as a direct continuation of the Grobnik-Orehovica motorway (today A6). In 1991. the secton Diracje-Jusici was built in 2x2 profile, together with the junction Matulji (A7/A8 -> Istrian Y). Around 2005 the section from Orehovica to Sv. Kuzam (Bakar) was built as a 2x2 and Orehovica exit was turned into a junction (A6/A7), with cancellation of some local exits. On 2009 part from Orehovica to Diracje was upgraded to 2x2.

So, the section from Jurdani/Jusici to Krizisce has "A" designation because it will connect existing A7 motorway from SLO to Jurdani (full motorway profile) and later from Krizisce to Zuta Lokva. But it is also named D8, because it has replaced old state road D8 which runs through the very city centre (along Riva/waterfront), and expressways in Croatia don't have special designations

http://www.gradimo.hr/clanak/rijecka-obilaznica/33321
Old October 1st, 2015, 01:27 PM   #5990
arrested development

Likes (Received): 1249

Vc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Thanks, but I don't understand................
.....................There is no interchange in front or behind the bridge, so I guess the road could be completed in April 2016 but not opened!? There is also no interchange b/n Osijek interchange and the bridge, so it's not possible to open anything in April 2017..........
Don't even try to understand. No such a thing as a Croatian "Strategic Transportation Planning".
Old October 3rd, 2015, 04:58 AM   #5991
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

A small question - why isn't the Sveti Ilija tunnel connected to the A1 tolling system?
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2015, 08:35 AM   #5992
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
A small question - why isn't the Sveti Ilija tunnel connected to the A1 tolling system?
Because it's situated on a continuous state road D76 Baska Voda-Zagvozd-Imotski. For the moment, only the section from Baska Voda to Zagvozd is built in expressway standard, but the plan is to extend it until Imotski.

It's different from Ploce/Karamatici, for example. There you have a state road which starts from the motorway (trumpet interchange) and goes in only one direction.
Old October 3rd, 2015, 01:44 PM   #5993
bzbox

Likes (Received): 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiboy View Post
I didn't realize that the current Rijeka bypass has been around since the 80's.
I have a paper map of Rijeka from before 1980's and there is not even a sign of bypass being built. Unfortunately, it's too big to scan it and post it.
Old October 18th, 2015, 02:13 PM   #5994
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

They made some substantial progress on the A3-A11 interchange near Zagreb, as seen on this August 2015 imagery in Google Earth.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2015, 02:59 PM   #5995
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

it's about to be open till the end of the year (I think they are trying hard to open it before elections that will be in exactly in 3 weeks).
however, i am waiting when they will connect it to Sarajevska street in Zagreb, so it would be prober and good entrance to the city.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 09:38 PM   #5996
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

A3 - A11 interchange

Almost done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbar View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by KHS; October 24th, 2015 at 09:45 PM.
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2015, 12:32 AM   #5997
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHS View Post
Almost done...

When is it going to be opened?
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2015, 02:37 PM   #5998
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Next week I think
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 03:08 PM   #5999
bumbar
Bumblebee

Likes (Received): 363

Announced highway and expressway opening in November 2015

Part of Zagreb - Sisak highway, Zagreb - Velika Gorica will be opened next week. So, there will be continuous higway road from Zagreb - village Lekenik, 10km before Sisak. The highway started with construction working in 2006, not in 2008 as written on the list.

Also, expressway that will represent southern bypass of Osijek in length of 4.6km (total length 13.2km - first part opened in Dec 2014) will be opened next week.

Croatian parliamentary elections are next Sunday so I am pretty sure about next week opening. Also, openings were announced in the news for next week.

MichiH, autoceste_volim_ja liked this post
bumbar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 03:22 PM   #6000
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Thanks. Do you know which day they will be opened?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote