daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 25th, 2016, 04:03 PM   #6061
teddyted
Registered User
 
teddyted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 95
Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
...

The whole section from Rogovići to Učka is 28,1 km long ...
Perhaps, Pazin-Učka?
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
teddyted no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2016, 06:43 PM   #6062
Puležan
Registered User
 
Puležan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Zagreb (Pula)
Posts: 3,010
Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyted View Post
Perhaps, Pazin-Učka?
Rogovići is the name of the third exit on A8, where the 2x2 section ends, it could be called Pazin-west. Rogovići is a small village near Pazin, but you can't find it on google maps. You probably tried to locate it and google showed you another village called Rogovići near Poreč
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2016, 10:22 PM   #6063
teddyted
Registered User
 
teddyted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 95
Likes (Received): 12


For a foreigner it's extremely confusing to locate sections of highways, using names of so small places that not even appear on maps.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation.
__________________

Sentilj, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
teddyted no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2016, 12:22 PM   #6064
keber
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 9,878
Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
The whole section from Rogovići to Učka is 28,1 km long with 31 object (viaducts, overpasses, a tunnel).
So new alignment is quite different from the existing one? Is there any map available?
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2016, 02:37 PM   #6065
Puležan
Registered User
 
Puležan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Zagreb (Pula)
Posts: 3,010
Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
So new alignment is quite different from the existing one? Is there any map available?
I didn't see any map, but quite a time ago there was some text/study on the internet with textual explanation of the whole route.

Basically, they will just build second carriageway next to the existing one, so the technical characteristics will be the same. The only exceptions would be the demolition of the Lovrinčići viaduct to make a new one more straight and straightening of this curve.

Also, new tube of Učka tunnel would be 5630 m long (600 m longer) because it would be more to the north that the existing one (so there won't be 2 little tunnels Zrinščak I and II)
__________________
PULA+

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2016, 04:03 PM   #6066
keber
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 9,878
Likes (Received): 1364

Still, what tunnel will be made except second tube of Učka?
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2016, 06:03 PM   #6067
Puležan
Registered User
 
Puležan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Zagreb (Pula)
Posts: 3,010
Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Still, what tunnel will be made except second tube of Učka?
Only the second tube of Učka. The tunnel is included in this project. The new route after the Učka tunnel (up in the hills) is still unknown.
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2016, 09:07 PM   #6068
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,455
Likes (Received): 2185

Zadar - Ugljan fixed link????

I found this recent news (in Italian) about a project of an undersea tunnel that will link the coastal city of Zadar with the island of Ugljan. According to the article, it will be built by a Chinese company.
http://ilpiccolo.gelocal.it/trieste/...ino-1.13197486
The cost of the project and the time required to build it stated in the article are highly unlikely (184 million € and 3 years are too little for a such megaproject, I'm not an expert, but 1 billion and 6 years would be more realistic IMHO). Expected lenght is not stated, although it would be around 5 km according to the map.
Moreover, I don't see the usefulness of a such expensive structure. Ugljan and Pasman (that is already linked to Ugljan with a bridge) have less than 10k inhabitants together, and aren't major tourist destination compared to other towns and islands in Dalmatia. Pasman, is also closer to mainland than Ugljan, so a tunnel aimed to connect both islands with mainland should better connect Pasman with Dalmatian coast.
I also have doubts that a Chinese company would be allowed to build a public structure in EU. It's not Africa or 1990s Romania, for public projects in EU international bids open to EU companies are held.
__________________
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2016, 09:09 PM   #6069
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,455
Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
I didn't see any map, but quite a time ago there was some text/study on the internet with textual explanation of the whole route.

Basically, they will just build second carriageway next to the existing one, so the technical characteristics will be the same. The only exceptions would be the demolition of the Lovrinčići viaduct to make a new one more straight and straightening of this curve.

Also, new tube of Učka tunnel would be 5630 m long (600 m longer) because it would be more to the north that the existing one (so there won't be 2 little tunnels Zrinščak I and II)
So that means they will tear down a viaduct built 10 years ago or so? Wasn't B/A8 planned for a future 2x2 expansion since the beginning?
__________________
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2016, 09:32 PM   #6070
Puležan
Registered User
 
Puležan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Zagreb (Pula)
Posts: 3,010
Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
So that means they will tear down a viaduct built 10 years ago or so? Wasn't B/A8 planned for a future 2x2 expansion since the beginning?
The section Matulji (Rijeka bypass)-Ucka tunnel-Lupogav was put into service in 1981, Lupoglav-Cerovlje in 1988, and Cerovlje-Rogovici (Pazin) in 1998. At that time, it was planned as a normal road (magistrala/highway) in 2x1 profile. Only in 1998 the government decided to build it as a 2x2 expressway, so only the sections planned after 1998 had space reservation for the 2nd carriageway (the whole A/B9 and A/B8 from Kanfanar to Rogovici (Pazin).

So, they will have to tear down all overpasses on section from Pazin to Ucka because they don't have double span (space reservation for the 2nd carriageway), but those ones are not 10 years old, but 25-30.
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2016, 09:47 PM   #6071
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,455
Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
The section Matulji (Rijeka bypass)-Ucka tunnel-Lupogav was put into service in 1981, Lupoglav-Cerovlje in 1988, and Cerovlje-Rogovici (Pazin) in 1998. At that time, it was planned as a normal road (magistrala/highway) in 2x1 profile. Only in 1998 the government decided to build it as a 2x2 expressway, so only the sections planned after 1998 had space reservation for the 2nd carriageway (the whole A/B9 and A/B8 from Kanfanar to Rogovici (Pazin).

So, they will have to tear down all overpasses on section from Pazin to Ucka because they don't have double span (space reservation for the 2nd carriageway), but those ones are not 10 years old, but 25-30.
Thanks. I though B8 was more recent.
Another solution could be building a 2nd carriaggeaway with a totally different allingment from the old one. Like A6 and A7 near Genoa, Italy of A2 East of Ljubljana.
__________________
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 11:19 PM   #6072
Gedeon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11,322
Likes (Received): 12472

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Thanks. I though B8 was more recent.
Another solution could be building a 2nd carriaggeaway with a totally different allingment from the old one. Like A6 and A7 near Genoa, Italy of A2 East of Ljubljana.
That wouldn't be justified here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
I found this recent news (in Italian) about a project of an undersea tunnel that will link the coastal city of Zadar with the island of Ugljan. According to the article, it will be built by a Chinese company.
http://ilpiccolo.gelocal.it/trieste/...ino-1.13197486
The cost of the project and the time required to build it stated in the article are highly unlikely (184 million € and 3 years are too little for a such megaproject, I'm not an expert, but 1 billion and 6 years would be more realistic IMHO). Expected lenght is not stated, although it would be around 5 km according to the map.
Moreover, I don't see the usefulness of a such expensive structure. Ugljan and Pasman (that is already linked to Ugljan with a bridge) have less than 10k inhabitants together, and aren't major tourist destination compared to other towns and islands in Dalmatia. Pasman, is also closer to mainland than Ugljan, so a tunnel aimed to connect both islands with mainland should better connect Pasman with Dalmatian coast.
I also have doubts that a Chinese company would be allowed to build a public structure in EU. It's not Africa or 1990s Romania, for public projects in EU international bids open to EU companies are held.
Pure rubbish.

There were (more real) plans to build cable-stayed bridge connecting Pašman to mainland.
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Gedeon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 12:15 PM   #6073
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,455
Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
Pure rubbish.

There were (more real) plans to build cable-stayed bridge connecting Pašman to mainland.
Or an Ancona - Zadar bridge with intermediate interchanges in Dugi Otok and Ugljan.
__________________
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

darko06, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2016, 07:12 PM   #6074
bumbar
Bumblebee
 
bumbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 56
Likes (Received): 363

Part of Podravina ypsilon expressway, D10 from Gradec - Krizevci, LOT1, has been almost finished. Could be opened at the end of April or at the beginning of May 2016.

Source in Croatian:
http://epodravina.hr/foto-hrg-najavi...-do-krizevaca/
__________________
Bumblebee

Verso, MichiH, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by bumbar; April 22nd, 2016 at 07:18 PM.
bumbar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2016, 12:34 PM   #6075
celevac
Registered User
 
celevac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Zadar
Posts: 132
Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbar View Post
Part of Podravina ypsilon expressway, D10 from Gradec - Krizevci, LOT1, has been almost finished. Could be opened at the end of April or at the beginning of May 2016.

Source in Croatian:
http://epodravina.hr/foto-hrg-najavi...-do-krizevaca/
Finally, but I wouldn't be too optimistic concerning any further construction towards Koprivnica, given the current political and economical situation in the country.
__________________
Been to / driven in: A AL B BIH CAN CVA CZ D DK E F FIN FL GR L H HR I IRL M MC MK MNE NL PL RKS RO RSM RUS SLO SK SRB UK USA

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
celevac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 03:00 PM   #6076
MichiH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lower Franconia
Posts: 4,406
Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbar View Post
Part of Podravina ypsilon expressway, D10 from Gradec - Krizevci, LOT1, has been almost finished. Could be opened at the end of April or at the beginning of May 2016.

Source in Croatian:
http://epodravina.hr/foto-hrg-najavi...-do-krizevaca/
Hm, the article is from 1st February and reports that the opening ceremony should be on 24th April. That's... today!? Is there any updated info? Has the ceremony took place? Will the road be in service from today?

The section length is about 11.5km. The article reports 12.47km though.
__________________

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 03:09 PM   #6077
MichiH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lower Franconia
Posts: 4,406
Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
http://www.vecernji.hr/gospodarstvo/...vodacu-1052813

If I got the article right, there are 7 bidders for the construction of the Save bridge (18.9 million € - 24.6 million €) but still no decision after 2 months. The old Strabag contract was 20.9 million €. There's an issue about 535,000 € now but I don't understand what's the problem . The bridge should be completed by late 2017 (EIB funds).
http://www.seebiz.eu/viadukt-i-herin...laj/ar-134213/

It seems that the contract for building the A5 Sava bridge was awarded to a Croatian consortium last week. The contract value is 22.3 million € w/o VAT (29 million € with VAT. The construction period is 7 months!
Is the article correct? Just 7 months? When are construction works expected to begin?
__________________

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 03:31 PM   #6078
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,466
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Hm, the article is from 1st February and reports that the opening ceremony should be on 24th April. That's... today!? Is there any updated info? Has the ceremony took place? Will the road be in service from today?

The section length is about 11.5km. The article reports 12.47km though.
they have probably calculated access roads too, and got 1 km more.
none openings today, those local portals are babbling often. the most probable date is somewhere in the early autumn, although some quite reliable sources mention 30.05.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
http://www.seebiz.eu/viadukt-i-herin...laj/ar-134213/

It seems that the contract for building the A5 Sava bridge was awarded to a Croatian consortium last week. The contract value is 22.3 million € w/o VAT (29 million € with VAT. The construction period is 7 months!
Is the article correct? Just 7 months? When are construction works expected to begin?
7 months is time of the works later mentioned in the article (bridge to Čiovo and 2 new roads on that island). however, also bridge Svilaj should not take too long to be built since it will be simple beam or girder bridge.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...

MichiH, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 07:39 PM   #6079
Gedeon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11,322
Likes (Received): 12472

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
http://www.seebiz.eu/viadukt-i-herin...laj/ar-134213/

It seems that the contract for building the A5 Sava bridge was awarded to a Croatian consortium last week. The contract value is 22.3 million € w/o VAT (29 million € with VAT. The construction period is 7 months!
Is the article correct? Just 7 months? When are construction works expected to begin?
From tender documentation:

Quote:
2.5. Rok završetka radova ili trajanje ugovora te rok početka radova:

Početak izvođenja radova je odmah po uvođenju u posao.

Rok dovršetka radova: 730 (sedamstotrideset) kalendarskih od dana uvođenja u posao
So, 730 days (2 years) from construction start.
__________________

MichiH, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Gedeon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 07:42 PM   #6080
Gedeon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11,322
Likes (Received): 12472

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Hm, the article is from 1st February and reports that the opening ceremony should be on 24th April. That's... today!? Is there any updated info? Has the ceremony took place? Will the road be in service from today?

The section length is about 11.5km. The article reports 12.47km though.
It can't be opened before new Gradec-Žabno railway overpass is finished.

It's U/C, but we don't know how it's progressing because x-type is too lazy to go check it out (it's quite near him)
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Gedeon no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium