daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 3rd, 2016, 09:23 PM   #6081
KarolisGr

Likes (Received): 1

There was one question I had with paying the toll at the gates.
While traveling trough Croatia before I would usually just give my card for a swipe and dont bother. However now it popped into my mind that they accept EUR in cash and give the change in HRK. What exchange rates do they provide? The official set by ECB/Croatian national bank, or a slightly higher to get some income on this as well?
I thought about this as a simple, convenient and low cost way to exchange currency, instead of looking for an office with a normal rate.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
KarolisGr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2016, 12:07 AM   #6082
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarolisGr View Post
There was one question I had with paying the toll at the gates.
While traveling trough Croatia before I would usually just give my card for a swipe and dont bother. However now it popped into my mind that they accept EUR in cash and give the change in HRK. What exchange rates do they provide? The official set by ECB/Croatian national bank, or a slightly higher to get some income on this as well?
I thought about this as a simple, convenient and low cost way to exchange currency, instead of looking for an office with a normal rate.
It is actually a quite good exchange rate. They usually give you something very close to the current official rate. For example, if the official rate is 7.60 HRK, then you get like 7.57 or something like that. Pretty amazing deal, if you ask me. No commission and exact change.

I know that many tourists coming to Croatia have found out about this and I think it is now common practice among many drivers to exchange EUR into HRK by paying in EUR. From my own experience, they are not too happy with notes larger than 20 EUR and in summer, they are likely to give you change in Euros, especially when they are running out of cash in HRK.

So, what you could do is the following: Exchange 20 EUR by paying in EUR and if you need more cash in HRK, then just enter and exit the tolled motorway more than once on your way from the border to the coast (or wherever you're going)...

Apart from the motorway toll booths, I can recommend Erste banka (at least in Zadar) as they offer relatively good exchange rates compared to other banks.

Some really rip you off, offering 7.40 or even lower. Be careful with the exchange offices (mjenjačnica) as they often give you rates as low as 7 HRK for 1 EUR. Sometimes they write 7.55 and in small print it says "for amounts larger than 1000 EUR" or something like that, and then it says 7.30 for small amounts somewhere.

celevac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 04:45 PM   #6083
Derice Bannock

Likes (Received): 1

I agree with celevac, before I got ENC I paid toll with € and it was OK.
Is it there any info about new tunnels to coast? (Ravča - Drvenik)? Or is it dead for now?

Derice Bannock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 10:15 PM   #6084
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

Does anybody have new news about the extension of the A1 to Dubrovnik?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 11:35 PM   #6085
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
Does anybody have new news about the extension of the A1 to Dubrovnik?
It's not even in the current plan.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 11:36 PM   #6086
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

Not??
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 11:43 PM   #6087
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17440

which part don't you understand?....

Adayafter liked this post
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 11:43 PM   #6088
italystf

Quote:
Not??
It has been discussed many times in this thread. Money issues and problems with BiH.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

darko06 liked this post
Old May 7th, 2016, 12:50 AM   #6089
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
It has been discussed many times in this thread. Money issues and problems with BiH.
Truth to be told, not everyone follows the thread daily and it was a while since this question was asked

Quote:
Not??
It will probably not be built to dubrovnik as part of the adriatic route.
But it will continue to Metkovic and through BiH to Montenegro between Trebinje and Niksic and on to Podgorica.
And this not in the near future.

Fooxx67 liked this post
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2016, 02:29 AM   #6090
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post
Apart from the motorway toll booths, I can recommend Erste banka (at least in Zadar) as they offer relatively good exchange rates compared to other banks.
Aren't all the banks pretty good with the exchange rate? I've never seen one yet that had anything unreasonable, though I still lose out with going from PLN->EUR->HRK But I always thought that banks in Croatia offered more or less identical rates with only a small spread - I was always exchanging money and only losing 3 lipa or so on each Euro, which is tolerable.

Last summer, I managed to get something like 4.21PLN to 1EUR when the interbank rate was sitting at 4.2025 and about 1500HRK for something like 0.7 lipa over the interbank rate, but that was due to a perfect storm of the exchange office having far too much Euro and someone having also exchanged a considerable amount of Kuna into Złoty a couple of hours before. Exchange offices in Poland are a weird beast, and sometimes you can get amazing deals.

A1 to Dubrovnik - I keep saying it, but getting that Dubrovnik-Čilipi motorway built would make a hell of a difference. There's not much need for A1 either side of it, but just that section alone would really ease much of the problems.

Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2016, 03:29 PM   #6091
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Aren't all the banks pretty good with the exchange rate? I've never seen one yet that had anything unreasonable, though I still lose out with going from PLN->EUR->HRK But I always thought that banks in Croatia offered more or less identical rates with only a small spread - I was always exchanging money and only losing 3 lipa or so on each Euro, which is tolerable.

Last summer, I managed to get something like 4.21PLN to 1EUR when the interbank rate was sitting at 4.2025 and about 1500HRK for something like 0.7 lipa over the interbank rate, but that was due to a perfect storm of the exchange office having far too much Euro and someone having also exchanged a considerable amount of Kuna into Złoty a couple of hours before. Exchange offices in Poland are a weird beast, and sometimes you can get amazing deals.

A1 to Dubrovnik - I keep saying it, but getting that Dubrovnik-Čilipi motorway built would make a hell of a difference. There's not much need for A1 either side of it, but just that section alone would really ease much of the problems.
yes, all the banks have really fair exchange rates. maybe exchange offices sometimes can have somehow better, but there is a risk that in exchange office you will see robbery rate, what never happens in the bank.

possibility of changing the foreign currencies in the banks is actually very good thing, I was were confused and unhappy in Poland when i realized that they don't change money in banks, only at kantors.

x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2016, 10:27 PM   #6092
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

D12 expressway from Vrbovec-II interchange towards Farkaševac exit (2x2 profile, without emergency lanes):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDraga View Post
Kratki update s brze ceste DC12 (bivša A13), dionica Vrbovec 2 - Farkaševac

Bio sam u prolazu autom pa sam usput obišao radove na dionici DC12 i poslikao s nadvožnjaka lokalnih cesta koji prelaze preko brze ceste. Svi nadvožnjaci su potpuno funkcionalni, ali iako ih je 7-8 uspio sam autom doći na njih samo 5 jer do ostalih vode jedva nasipani seoski putevi čime sam se jako iznenadio jer je stanje cesta u tom kraju dosta loše. Neke su asfaltirane i u dobrom stanju, ali većina su u jako lošem, puno njih niti nije asfaltirano, a dosta su bitne za povezivanje lokalnih većih sela.
Uglavnom, imao sam velika očekivanja, ali razočarao sam sam se jer ima još jako puno posla. Stavio sam na kartu brojeve nadvožnjaka s kojih sam slikao.

OSOBNI DOJAM: Prema slikama s nadvožnjaka 1-4 (više od polovice dionice) radovi su u visokoj fazi dovršenosti, na većini je već prvi sloj asfalta ili je za asfaltiranje (gotovo) sve spremno.
Između nadvožnjaka 4-5 teško je doći autom do nekog objekta, ali se izdaleka vidi da se nasipava i na pola puta vidi se također stroj za asfaltiranje pa pretpostavljam da je i tamo dovršenost doosta velika. Jedino što je kritično je sam čvor Farkaševac i posljednjih možda kilometar ili više gdje ima još dosta posla. Nedavno je raspisan i natječaj za prometnu signalizaciju i opremu (https://eojn.nn.hr/SPIN/APPLICATION/...aspx?id=646750) pa će možda dionica biti puštena u promet tijekom iduće godine, ako bi sve išlo prema planu.
Btw. na dionici prema Križevcima je praktički sve dovršeno, koliko sam uspio vidjeti sa čvora Cugovec. Čak su već napravljene i one pripreme za crtanje horizontalne signalizacije i bukobrani na samom čvoru. Nisam išao dalje jer je u daljini bilo aktivnosti kod gradilišta nadvožnjaka pruge Gradec - Sv. Ivan Žabno preko DC10 gdje strše stupovi nadvožnjaka. Možda je to jedini razlog koji će još više odužiti otvaranje dionice i samog čvora Cugovec za promet.

Uživajte!

Karta (GoogleMaps nema ažuriranu kartu, ali cijela dionica do Farkaševca je probijena)

Old May 11th, 2016, 11:30 AM   #6093
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

How can I find any update on the Schengen application of Croatia ? I think they are in the monitoring phase right ?

tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2016, 05:17 PM   #6094
italystf

Photos of A7 expressway around Rijeka taken by me from Trstat Castle, in September 2015

This is the viaduct across Rijecina river, that marked the Italo-Yugoslav border between 1924 and 1947.

8166UY, ChrisZwolle, Verso, Attus, AlexisMD and 10 others liked this post
Old May 14th, 2016, 07:13 PM   #6095
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Great view
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2016, 11:37 PM   #6096
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

that bridge is always spectacular.
one really rare thing to see: dry riverbed of Rječina. that area is known as probably the most rainy part of the country, so that's really weird to see.
Old May 28th, 2016, 02:44 PM   #6097
bumbar
Bumblebee

Likes (Received): 363

D?: Mokrice (A2) – Andrasevec 4.5km

D?: Andrasevec – Bedekovcina 5.0km

Name of the expressway is D29.

MichiH liked this post
bumbar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2016, 06:35 AM   #6098
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11824

Dudes, look:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladar View Post
Construction should start next year. Any news on A5? Still planned as a 2x1 road north of Osijek?

celevac, Aladar, Adayafter, zezi liked this post
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2016, 04:28 PM   #6099
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Should Hungary & Croatia together apply for some money from various EU funds for the section Mohacs - Osijek?
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2016, 08:49 PM   #6100
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

CEF would be proper IMHO
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote