daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 29th, 2016, 12:18 AM   #6201
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddor View Post
As a side observer, in my opinion Croatia has the obligation to pay off the construction of A1 first rather than to divert the traffic through Banja Luka by taking part into the construction of the bridge at Gradiska.
This is called blocking road construction. The bridge over Sava wouldn't just create an alternative to the A1 (which has a very long way to be finished anyway), it would also connect Zagreb with Banja Luka and other places in Bosnia.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2016, 01:09 AM   #6202
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

It's no secret that Croatia strongly prefers to cooperate with the Croats in BiH than with the Serbs. Especially when HDZ is in power...

So no surprise, that there is close to zero progress with projects involving Republika Srpska.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 01:19 AM   #6203
tooljan

Likes (Received): 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
true, but what with last 20 years when Croatia had good access to modern border crossing, while at the same time at BIH side was road congested with local traffic with 60 km/h limit and border crossing with horribly limited capacity?
OK

What are you expecting from us? When we established where problems are (one of them is state road between Banja Luka and Gradiška), we eliminated that by building highway (finished... maybe 2010? if you want, you can google it) between Banja Luka and Gradiška. Another problem is border crossing into center of town Gradiška, but solution of this specific problem Croatia obstructing for, at least, a decade now.
Old July 29th, 2016, 01:35 AM   #6204
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
It's no secret that Croatia strongly prefers to cooperate with the Croats in BiH than with the Serbs. Especially when HDZ is in power...

So no surprise, that there is close to zero progress with projects involving Republika Srpska.
If Croats finished the A3 to Serbia, why do they have such a problem with Bosnian Serbs? If anyone is making problems for Bosnian Croats, it's probably Muslims rather than Serbs, no?

tooljan, ukraroad liked this post
Old July 29th, 2016, 12:24 PM   #6205
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

I see some kinde of childishness b/n HR, FBiH, RoS BiH authorities...

Manolo_B2, ukraroad, Verso liked this post
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 02:13 PM   #6206
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Nothing worse than a self-hating Serb.
Said the one who was banned from Bulgarian forum.
Said the one who is literally dumping Serbian forum all the time with underdone proposals of wannabe motorways illustrated in old Yugoslav manner from the 1980es, altogether poorly translated from Serbian. E. g. visitors there thought that proposed tunnel Fruška Gora would be 17 kilometers long.
Additionally, this is the same pattern as making the famous map of motorways made in "Yugoslavia", compiled with - look what we might have done if we somehow stayed together - mindset. On contrary, this map clearly proves that both Slovenia and Croatia made huge profit seceding Yugoslavia, at least concerning motorway construction. Moreover, Croatia financed all its motorways alone, without even European Union help, where Serbia is struggling in financing its projects from Russia through Azerbaijan to People's Republic of China, not to speak that Serbian authorities did not finish expressway from Batočina to Kragujevac, obliged by carmaker FIAT, etc. etc.

The hard truth about Gradiška Bridge is, that if Croatia finishes it, Republika Srpska would never finish their part of Svilaj-Nova Sela motorway, especially Odžak-Doboj section, forcing travellers from Central Bosnia and Sarajevo region to Western Europe to fill in the budget of Republic of Srpska by using Doboj-Banja Luka motorway? So why on God's green Earth would Croatian authorities make such a misjudgement?

ukraroad liked this post

Last edited by darko06; July 29th, 2016 at 02:22 PM.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 02:39 PM   #6207
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
This is called blocking road construction. The bridge over Sava wouldn't just create an alternative to the A1 (which has a very long way to be finished anyway), it would also connect Zagreb with Banja Luka and other places in Bosnia.
In Gradiška there is already a bridge. As per Croatian statistics AADT on that crosing is between 4-5000. Only problem is that on Bosnian side b/c is in the middle of town. Nothing else. Thats why for Croatia that is not a priority.
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 06:14 PM   #6208
roaddor

Likes (Received): 5472

Quote:
Verso, you are making a mountain out of a molehill. If one does not know the map, he/she may think that there is no bridge at all at Gradiska, which is not the case. A3 is also very near to the river crossing and last but not least this is just a local way, not an international corridor. I don't say that a new bridge should not be built but just as BiH (I mean both entities) have their own priorities, so does Croatia. In this respect, the corresponding bridge comes as far as I know after A1 to Dubrovnik, A7, A5 and A13 to name but a few. Even your favourite A2 with Krapina precedes it. Moreover, A1 has a real alternative namely Karlovac-Plitvice-Knin-Dugopolje, even a big part of the state road D1 from Lucko to Split I/C whose quality is quite good.
Can you make the Austrians build an expressway from Celovec oops sorry I should say Klagenfurt to the border just because you want to connect it faster with Ljubljana and at the same time to serve as an alternative to your A2? I don't think so.

ukraroad, Krlesius liked this post

Last edited by roaddor; July 29th, 2016 at 10:54 PM.
roaddor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 02:18 AM   #6209
Verso
Islander

^ Klagenfurt is not so important to us, it's basically a cul-de-sac. We have a good road to Ljubelj, but the road on the Austrian side is their problem, it should be more important to them anyway. My point is that if Croats don't wanna build this motorway just because it might create an alternative to the A1, that's called blocking road construction, because the motorway would have more purpose than just that.
Old July 30th, 2016, 04:03 AM   #6210
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2201

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddor View Post
I don't say that a new bridge should not be built but just as BiH (I mean both entities) have their own priorities, so does Croatia.
I always said the EU would have to pay in full for the 2 motorway connections to Bosnia across the Sava river to the Croatian A3 ( and A5 )

roaddor liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 07:46 PM   #6211
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
If Croats finished the A3 to Serbia, why do they have such a problem with Bosnian Serbs? If anyone is making problems for Bosnian Croats, it's probably Muslims rather than Serbs, no?
That you can't compare:
1. The motorway was already there as an expressway and partly already as motorway. Croatia just upgraded that road and also it's very easy terrain.
2. That motorway also serves as connection to Vukovar, Vinkovci, Osijek and whole East Slavonia
3. Traffic on A3 is much higher than at the bridge in Gradiska. If there were huge traffic jams, I think Croatia will be more pushing it...
4. Croatia and Serbia were never at war. Relations were non existing for some time but recovered after Dayton Agreement and ending of the war in Croatia and BiH
5. East Slavonia was given back to Croatia without bigger problems although bordering directly to Serbia.

All reasons why it's easier to work with Serbia. On the other hand I don't have to tell you the story of the war in Crotia and BiH, have I?

ukraroad liked this post
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 08:49 PM   #6212
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

as we have all missed the announced traffic jams due to Putin in Slovenia, in Croatia we still had them because of several traffic accidents along A1 and A6. one of them was again in tunnel Sveti Marko.
every year in that short tunnel happens at least one accident, some of them fatal. some say it is because here A1 becomes more curvy, some say because it is the first tunnel after Zagreb (i don't see any reasons why would it generate accidents), some say that the tunnel itself is cursed because there is graveyard at the hill above it

ukraroad liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 11:45 PM   #6213
Verso
Islander

Sounds like a pain in the ass. What about the border crossing Goričan? No increased traffic? Many tourists actually follow signalization by Maribor and drive that way, because there was congestion today on the Slovenian A5 just before the Hungarian border. Maybe it's congested just on the Hungarian side (Letenye)?

ukraroad liked this post
Old July 31st, 2016, 12:05 AM   #6214
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Sounds like a pain in the ass. What about the border crossing Goričan? No increased traffic? Many tourists actually follow signalization by Maribor and drive that way, because there was congestion today on the Slovenian A5 just before the Hungarian border. Maybe it's congested just on the Hungarian side (Letenye)?
i saw congestion at toll station Sveta Helena, but it would be the same in each case, with or without Putin.

i saw quite some jam around Ptuj and almost hardly moving traffic between Ptuj and Gruškovje (and consequently proceeded jam to toll station Trakošćan) maybe it was little bit more than expected for strongest tourist weekend.

Verso liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2016, 12:18 AM   #6215
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18748

Road D106, mini-bypass of Pag. It looks very new so I guess it has been opened recently.

Kemo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2016, 08:50 AM   #6216
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

About two months ago or something like that
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2016, 05:01 PM   #6217
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

Recently drove on the A7 from Rijeka to Hreljin. Great 'urban expressway.'
I'm interested in the future route to Žuta Lokva, I can't find it anywhere. I also heard that there may be some recent changes to the proposed route.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2016, 07:56 PM   #6218
zvonko

Likes (Received): 1911

Only planning.

Studija izvedivosti ceste Žuta Lokva - Križišće
zvonko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2016, 05:21 AM   #6219
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

Zvonko, respect.
Hvala.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2016, 09:35 AM   #6220
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvonko View Post
You need to be registered with that service to be able to download anything.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote