daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2017, 01:26 PM   #6361
Seagull
Fight multinazism!

Likes (Received): 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post

It is gonna be without hard shoulder?
It's an expressway, so no hard shoulder.
Seagull no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2017, 03:05 PM   #6362
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
11 km of the expressway D12 between Vrbovec2 and Farkaševac in the direction of Bjelovar in Northern Croatia seem to be ready for delivery in April 2017 as planned,

Quote:

It is gonna be without hard shoulder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
It's an expressway, so no hard shoulder.

As some of the pictures show a finished "edge" adjacent to the asphalt - does that then mean if there will be no hard shoulder, that there will be actually no shoulder at all, not even a soft one (like the unpaved ones in Hungary)? Respectively just a very narrow shoulder like on a national road?
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 06:52 PM   #6363
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiwien View Post
As some of the pictures show a finished "edge" adjacent to the asphalt - does that then mean if there will be no hard shoulder, that there will be actually no shoulder at all, not even a soft one (like the unpaved ones in Hungary)? Respectively just a very narrow shoulder like on a national road?
only SOS niches. rest of the road is normal 3,50+3,50without any special shoulders.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 07:20 PM   #6364
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
It seems that the construction of Andrasevec – Bedekovcina is delayed. Is there any estimated opening date?

What's about the next section up to Zlatar Bistrica. OSM indicates it u/c. When have construction works began and what's the completion deadline date or the announced opening date?
now confirmed, at monday

zezi, MichiH, megla, celevac liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2017, 05:48 PM   #6365
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Croatia D14: Andrasevec – Bedekovcina 5.0km (March 2015 to January 2017) [1st c/w]– ? – map
Opened for traffic today 06.02.2017.
News in croatian and some photos
http://www.jutarnji.hr/vijesti/hrvat...tricu/5599271/

Luki_SL, celevac, MichiH liked this post
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2017, 12:31 PM   #6366
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezi View Post
Croatia D14: Andrasevec – Bedekovcina 5.0km (March 2015 to January 2017) [1st c/w]– ? – map
Opened for traffic today 06.02.2017.
News in croatian and some photos
http://www.jutarnji.hr/vijesti/hrvat...tricu/5599271/
Yes, this is good news.

The article also mentions some dates:
Quote:
Do kraja 2018. ova dionica do Zlatar Bistrice trebala bi biti gotova, pa se ide do Marije Bistrice i u konačnici do Popovca. Time se zaokružuje prsten oko Zagreba
The section to Zlatar Bistrica should be finished by the end of 2018, then construction will continue to Marija Bistrica and eventually to Popovec. Thereby, there will be a full circle road around Zagreb.

I'm not too sure about the last section between Marija Bistrica and Popovec, as it includes difficult terrain and IMHO would require some tunnels/bridges, depending on the design of the future expressway.

It would indeed be a great shortcut / alternative for those traveling between Slavonija region and Krapina or even further north (Maribor, Graz, Vienna)
Old February 8th, 2017, 07:30 AM   #6367
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post
Yes, this is good news.

The article also mentions some dates:

The section to Zlatar Bistrica should be finished by the end of 2018, then construction will continue to Marija Bistrica and eventually to Popovec. Thereby, there will be a full circle road around Zagreb.

I'm not too sure about the last section between Marija Bistrica and Popovec, as it includes difficult terrain and IMHO would require some tunnels/bridges, depending on the design of the future expressway.

It would indeed be a great shortcut / alternative for those traveling between Slavonija region and Krapina or even further north (Maribor, Graz, Vienna)
Why not to go over Zitomir and Hrastje after Marija Bistrica?
Or even consider the route going over Donja Konjscina. The mountainous section could be much shorter, still it would not be a big detour.

I wonder more why the connection between A2 and D14 is so funny. Ok, they reused the intersection. But now you have a roundabout there. And if you built the capitals ring road, it might also have been an idea to build a new I/C a bit north. For those coming from south to D14 this would not take longer, but coming from north to D14 (which would indeed relieve the southern ring) drive back.

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 01:34 PM   #6368
roaddor

Likes (Received): 5470

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
Why not to go over Zitomir and Hrastje after Marija Bistrica?
Or even consider the route going over Donja Konjscina. The mountainous section could be much shorter, still it would not be a big detour.
Becasue most probably the idea is to reach A2 coming from A3 or vice versa, utilizing the most appropriate distance so that the small towns are also covered on the way to Zabok. Popovec and Zlatar Bistrica are the best match in this case. If the road passed through Zitomir or even as far as Donja Konjscina, it would not be attractive and by no means offload the SW highway bypass of Zagreb through Zapresic.

celevac liked this post
roaddor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 05:35 PM   #6369
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddor View Post
Becasue most probably the idea is to reach A2 coming from A3 or vice versa, utilizing the most appropriate distance so that the small towns are also covered on the way to Zabok. Popovec and Zlatar Bistrica are the best match in this case. If the road passed through Zitomir or even as far as Donja Konjscina, it would not be attractive and by no means offload the SW highway bypass of Zagreb through Zapresic.
actually the idea of that expressway is to make higher level road which would carry the traffic of parallel D24, which is quite slow, crowded and dangerous.

also, it can be good connection ant shortcut from A4 to A2. not A3 because A3 directly merges to A2 at Zagreb west. but mostly it would have local importance.

belerophon liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2017, 04:18 AM   #6370
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11806

Quote:
A5: north of Drava bridge – Osijek ~6km (July 2011 to >= April 2017)
What does "north of Drava bridge" mean exactly? To what road does it connect to? Road 4041 at Jagodnjak?

darko06 liked this post
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #6371
celevac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
What does "north of Drava bridge" mean exactly? To what road does it connect to? Road 4041 at Jagodnjak?
I think this goes back to a news article I had quoted here more than a year ago. There was no specific information on that, but maybe it would be possible to find more exact information.
Old March 10th, 2017, 02:19 PM   #6372
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11806

So nobody knows exactly what happens on the northern side of the bridge?

One thing for sure: it will be an absolutely unique motorway on this planet until 2019 with dead ends on both ends.

Verso liked this post
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2017, 11:49 PM   #6373
čarli

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
So nobody knows exactly what happens on the northern side of the bridge?
On northern side of the bridge there will be dead end, so the whole bridge and the southern part of motorway (which is now also under construction) will be useless for some time. They could build exit which is planned to be around 3 km north of the bridge. But they wait for the EU money for entire section to Beli Manastir (which is planned to be for now only in half profile). Stupid decision if you ask me, because they should first do connection to the next exit (Čeminac) and then ask for EU money. But is not first time that something like that happend in CRO. One example is in Karlovac and another in Omiš

JackFrost liked this post

Last edited by čarli; March 11th, 2017 at 12:02 AM.
čarli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2017, 09:20 PM   #6374
bzbox

Likes (Received): 135

New toll prices from April, 3rd in Croatia. Again? Any official info about that and new price list?
Old March 20th, 2017, 01:45 PM   #6375
celevac

http://dnevnik.hr/vijesti/hrvatska/o...---470023.html

Starting on April 3, there will be a 5% increase. Zagreb-Split will be 7 kn more.
There will also be an additional 10% increase during the summer season, from July 1 until September 30... obviously aiming at tourists.

This country is doing everything to take as much money from tourists as possible, but I fear they might soon move on to other countries with better prices... this goes for the entire tourism industry here.
Old March 20th, 2017, 02:37 PM   #6376
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3274

Why only 10%, they should increase tolls for 100% at least...

smar liked this post
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 02:40 PM   #6377
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2628

Quote:

Why only 10%, they should increase tolls for 100% at least...
Do explain.
keokiracer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 02:48 PM   #6378
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3274

sarcasm and/or irony
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 12:29 AM   #6379
i15

Likes (Received): 608

Quote:

Starting on April 3, there will be a 5% increase. Zagreb-Split will be 7 kn more.
There will also be an additional 10% increase during the summer season, from July 1 until September 30... obviously aiming at tourists.

This country is doing everything to take as much money from tourists as possible, but I fear they might soon move on to other countries with better prices... this goes for the entire tourism industry here.
Yes, Croatia is getting a little expensive and this year I decided to switch from hotel to apartement to save some money. But it is still better than possibility of cultural enrichment by AK47 in some other travel destinations. And 7kn is almost nothing when you consider all travel expenses for 4 people in a car.

darko06 liked this post
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 03:45 PM   #6380
Shenkey

Likes (Received): 2086

Quote:

Yeah, you pay the same to drive over Istria 2x than for a vignette in other countries.

No need to say I haven't been in a country for holidays for 5 years and I am from Slovenia.

Greece/Portugal is just cheaper.
Shenkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote