daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 24th, 2017, 01:43 AM   #6381
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Guys, when did they complete the road 5031 between Hrvatsko and Ložac? I guess if you wanna go from Zamost to Brod na Kupi, you don't have to go through Slovenia or Delnice any more.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2017, 06:09 PM   #6382
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenkey View Post
Yeah, you pay the same to drive over Istria 2x than for a vignette in other countries.

No need to say I haven't been in a country for holidays for 5 years and I am from Slovenia.

Greece/Portugal is just cheaper.
Turkey is even cheaper than Greece or Portugal these days.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 06:38 PM   #6383
i15

Likes (Received): 608

I don't think that plane ticket to Portugal is cheaper than car drive to Croatia
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 06:42 PM   #6384
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19354

In particular when traveling with multiple persons.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 08:13 PM   #6385
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Guys, when did they complete the road 5031 between Hrvatsko and Ložac? I guess if you wanna go from Zamost to Brod na Kupi, you don't have to go through Slovenia or Delnice any more.
i was searchint the Internet, but no results about it. I have found only a bunch of articles abotu construction during the 2016, I also remember tv report about the tunnel on that road, but nothing about finishing it.
Old March 24th, 2017, 08:37 PM   #6386
Verso
Islander

Is OSM actually correct?
Old March 24th, 2017, 08:56 PM   #6387
x-type
con los terroristas

dunno

usually Croatian part of OSM is very accurate and correct, and well filtered, but mistake could always happen
Old March 24th, 2017, 10:13 PM   #6388
Verso
Islander

Anyway, I'm surprised they needed over 20 years to build this road (not that the narrow road Petrina-Mirtoviči on the Slovenian side is something to brag about), but better late than never.
Old March 25th, 2017, 12:37 PM   #6389
x-type
con los terroristas

well, that route isn't some transit route, it is only very local road. and for that purpose using Slovenian road was more than enough. on the whole 20km long route between Zamost and Brod na Kupi live 268 souls (probably even less, data from 2011).

I don't know for Slovenian side, but that area is always considered in Croatia as one of the most isolated areas in the country (those where you don't want to get stuck in the midnight) the other one is south of Sisak.

anyway, you can see some newly built sections of that road at street view, it is very decent, I'd even say overbuilt for its purpose.

celevac liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 07:24 PM   #6390
SuCuki

Likes (Received): 1

I have a few questions about all the highways in Croatia (sorry for my English, I use Google translator)
A1: When is the section between Metkovic and the border with Bosnia (Neum) built? And will a transit route be planned by Bosnia, or will there be a bridge to Pelješac? And when will the section be built up to Dubrovnik, and will there be a continuation to Trebinje (Bosnia) or Montenegro?
A5: Has the traffic between the motorway cross and Svilaj already been released? And when is the bridge built for Bosnia? When is the beginning of construction between Osijek and Hungary?
A7: Are there already concrete plans of a northern bypass of Rijeka (Permani-Križišče), and when the section built up to Žuta Lokva?
A11: Is the section between Lekenik and Mošćenica being built, and if so, when will they be ready? And will there be a continuation to Zagreb from the highway cross at Jakuševec?
A12: Is the section between Gradec and Hungary being built? And if so, when will construction work be completed?
A13: Is currently only built from Vrbovec to Bjelovar or even to Hungary?
Will other motorways be built or planned?
SuCuki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 08:20 PM   #6391
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
well, that route isn't some transit route, it is only very local road. and for that purpose using Slovenian road was more than enough. on the whole 20km long route between Zamost and Brod na Kupi live 268 souls (probably even less, data from 2011).

I don't know for Slovenian side, but that area is always considered in Croatia as one of the most isolated areas in the country (those where you don't want to get stuck in the midnight) the other one is south of Sisak.

anyway, you can see some newly built sections of that road at street view, it is very decent, I'd even say overbuilt for its purpose.
You're right, it's a local road, but imagine going from Ložac to Zamost (or even Hrvatsko). First you have to get to Brod na Kupi, then cross the border into Slovenia and go back to Mirtoviči on that narrow road, and continue to Osilnica and Zamost (or Hrvatsko). There should at least be a local border crossing by Gašparci/Mirtoviči.

The new road will also boost tourism on the Croatian side of the Kupa river.
Old March 25th, 2017, 10:21 PM   #6392
Gyorgy

Likes (Received): 360

Slovenian road is quiet narrow, curvy and dangerous in summer months, many cyclists, motorbikes and 4-wheelers, you have to drive very cautiously.

I went from Prezid via Osilnica last august and Coratian road was still u/c. But it's going to be wide and comfortable when finished.
Gyorgy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 10:04 AM   #6393
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCuki View Post
I have a few questions about all the highways in Croatia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highways_in_Croatia

List of new Croatian motorway or expressway sections with actual or expected opening dates

@ALL: Any info about the announced upcoming openings? I guess some might be delayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
D12: Vrbovec (A12) – Farkasevac 10.5km (? to April 2017) – ? – map
A5: north of Drava bridge – Osijek ~6km (July 2011 to >= April 2017) – ? – map
D2: Virovitica (D5) – Suhopolje 9.1km (September 2014 to >= April 2017) [1st c/w]– ? – map
A5: Zoljani – HR/BIH border 2.0km (September 2011 to 2018) – ? – map

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

SuCuki liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 02:05 PM   #6394
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
You're right, it's a local road, but imagine going from Ložac to Zamost (or even Hrvatsko). First you have to get to Brod na Kupi, then cross the border into Slovenia and go back to Mirtoviči on that narrow road, and continue to Osilnica and Zamost (or Hrvatsko). There should at least be a local border crossing by Gašparci/Mirtoviči.

The new road will also boost tourism on the Croatian side of the Kupa river.
yep, I know. but again counter-question(s): why would anybody have to go from Ložac to Zamost? or even better - who would be the one to do it? or third - how often would one have to do it?

about tourism - probably true. although i went there few times (Kupa source is wonderful place) and no problem to access it actually
Old March 26th, 2017, 02:43 PM   #6395
Verso
Islander

Quote:
yep, I know. but again counter-question(s): why would anybody have to go from Ložac to Zamost? or even better - who would be the one to do it? or third - how often would one have to do it?
Maybe some relatives or such, probably not often. But it's still good to have this road since it's not even 3 km long.

Quote:
about tourism - probably true. although i went there few times (Kupa source is wonderful place) and no problem to access it actually
You're right, Ložac and Hrvatsko are quite normally accessible to the rest of Croatia, they just aren't well connected to each other. But it's always good to have a through road, I'm not too fond of cul-de-sacs. It was more problematic on the Slovenian side, which was cut off from the rest of Slovenia (except through Croatia) after independence, so they soon built a new road, but unfortunately narrow. However, a few years ago they built a wider road to Osilnica from the north.
Old March 26th, 2017, 10:51 PM   #6396
x-type
con los terroristas

so you had the same situation at almost the same place? i was wondering about it, but wasn't sure
Old March 27th, 2017, 02:30 AM   #6397
Verso
Islander

According to my atlas of Slovenia from 1985 there was no road between Petrina and Mirtoviči and I don't think they built it until independence. There was just 1 km built between Petrina and Grivac.

According to the same atlas Hrvatsko was cut off from the rest of Croatia (except through Slovenia). Therefore it was more "Slovensko" than "Hrvatsko". And if you wanted to get from Hrvatsko to e.g. Ljubljana, you first crossed the border into Slovenia, then you had to go back to Croatia and again to Slovenia.

FiveYears liked this post
Old March 27th, 2017, 06:57 PM   #6398
x-type
con los terroristas

my YU 1982er says similar:
Brod na Kupi (Petrina) - Kuželj - road on HR side
Kuželj - Gašparci (Mirtoviči) - macadam road at HR side
Mirtoviči - Osilnica (Zamost) - road on SLO side
Zamost - Čabar - road on HR side (with one macadam interruption)

btw have you noticed that village Kuželj is split between SLO and HR? it exists on both sides, like Nova Gorica/Gorizia. is it unique place at HR-SLO border?
Old March 27th, 2017, 10:42 PM   #6399
Verso
Islander

Ložac/Ložec, Brezovica Žumberačka/Brezovica pri Metliki, and Liješće/Malo Lešče, these are all I know of.

x-type liked this post
Old April 7th, 2017, 05:46 PM   #6400
x-type
con los terroristas

huge crowds at HR-SLO border crossings today. they have started to perform detailed checks of all passengers and vehicles at outer Schengen borders today. at Bregana cars and trucks wait up to 3,5h, buses waited over 4h in few moments today.
Macelj us on 90 min now, they had also up to 3h earlier, and over 4 for buses.
Pasjak had blackout today morning, now is similar to Macelj.

interesting, all that was happening on eentering Croatia. today afternoon began crowds at exit to Slovenia, but not tha large as exit. even more interesting - no major crowds at border with Hungary, nor at Hungary - Romania border, only with Slovenia.