daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 7th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #1021
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

i don't know anything about widening yet. they've been talking something about it, i guess from next year if i remember well, but i doubt. my guess that first widened section will be at B9 from Pula to Kanfanar (knot with B8). those plans about widening are in longer terms, especially B8 which has a lots of viaducts and tunnel Učka, and there should be completely new section from tunnel Učka to knot Matulji (with A7) which goes more northern from existing.

tunnel under Sljeme - mayor Bandić has to get green light for that project, so he must approve it's profitability.

Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #1022
DinoBond007
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
tunnel under Sljeme - mayor Bandić has to get green light for that project, so he must approve it's profitability.
Whit kind of tunnel will be (railway, road, motorway) and from Zagreb to where (Stubičke)??? And I think, that if they build this tunnel they will have to construct new road in Zagreb but I don't know how because there is no space...?
DinoBond007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 02:02 PM   #1023
x-type
con los terroristas

i don't know much about that project so i don't like to talk about it. but, yes, 100% entrance at the opposite side should be somewhere near Donja Stubica.
Old September 8th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #1024
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoBond007 View Post
Whit kind of tunnel will be (railway, road, motorway) and from Zagreb to where (Stubičke)??? And I think, that if they build this tunnel they will have to construct new road in Zagreb but I don't know how because there is no space...?
actually it is a pretty good idea... but i'd say nothing will happen for years...
first... north side of Zagreb doesn't have speedroads or 2-lane roads of any kind... meaning they have to build one so that tunnel can lead to something... (some plans talking about northern bypass, now just an distant dream)
one main road leading to north side of Zagreb is actually 1+2 lane road which shares two lanes with tramway... so currently that road is pretty congested for most part of the day... and there is very little space for widening that road...
as far as i know, other exit should be at Kraljev Vrh, somewhat left of Stubicke, around 10-20km... but seems that people on other side, doesn't want changing their rural landscape into something urban... so that's another problem...
and ofcourse, main thing is money... Zagreb won't have that amount of money for that kind of project... and it wouldn't solve much of traffic, it would only make more congestion in north part of town...

maybe that northern bypass will come true one day...
Old September 9th, 2008, 01:00 AM   #1025
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

A1 Šestanovac - Zagvozd

http://www.serdar.hr/Galerija/autopu...takolovoz.html

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 09:24 AM   #1026
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

That'll be another section of beautiful motorway in Croatia
Old September 9th, 2008, 08:47 PM   #1027
Manolo_B2
Liberté Égalité Beyoncé

Likes (Received): 847

Viadukt Mirna, captured by me...
[IMG]http://i38.************/2rr59fr.jpg[/IMG]
Manolo_B2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:28 PM   #1028
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

They do not call it motorway but expressway ( gyorsforgalmi út or autóút).
M is a sign for a faster way than a major road!!!
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 05:23 PM   #1029
Piotrek_409

Do You know how Croatian authorities are planning to fix the problem with Neum - the BiH short (few kilometers) part of coast in the south?

the motorway is going to cross the Bosnia or Herzegovina territory? ...or it is going to bypass it by neighbouring islands?

the second option seems to be damaging for environment
Piotrek_409 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #1030
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

I have been to Zagreb last weekend and, of course, made some pictures. Please see this thread for my album with more pics of Zagreb. I'll post some traffic-related pics here:

Old September 17th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #1031
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrek_409 View Post
Do You know how Croatian authorities are planning to fix the problem with Neum - the BiH short (few kilometers) part of coast in the south?

the motorway is going to cross the Bosnia or Herzegovina territory? ...or it is going to bypass it by neighbouring islands?

the second option seems to be damaging for environment
they are planning to build Peljesac bridge... IMO one of the stupidest solutions ever made by our politicians... i don't know how much will it cost, but it will bring us down in red...
Old September 17th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #1032
dudu24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZG View Post
they are planning to build Peljesac bridge... IMO one of the stupidest solutions ever made by our politicians... i don't know how much will it cost, but it will bring us down in red...
Bulshit. Some vital projects just don't have price. With that bridge our country will finally be connected and we won't depend on BiH and their blackmailing policy ever again. So for that bridge no matter how much it costs.

Few pics from there:

[img]http://i34.************/2rqbkvc.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i37.************/244a77o.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i35.************/rhodpz.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i36.************/9a6ah5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i37.************/112df8x.jpg[/img]

Last edited by dudu24; September 17th, 2008 at 01:20 PM.
dudu24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:10 PM   #1033
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudu24 View Post
Bulshit. Some vital projects just don't have price. With that bridge our country will finally be connected and we won't depend on BiH and their blackmailing policy ever again. So for that bridge no matter how much it costs.
we could connect it without any problems without bridge if we would have skilful government. but they are just using less resistance way to do some things, instead of showing some skills that normal government should have. and that less resistance way is expensive. very expensive.
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #1034
dudu24
BANNED

Quote:
we could connect it without any problems without bridge if we would have skilful government. but they are just using less resistance way to do some things, instead of showing some skills that normal government should have. and that less resistance way is expensive. very expensive.
Other side didn't want such option. As far as i've read only way they would allow Croatia to connect itself trough BiH is if highway would go trough Hercegovina all the way down to Dubrovnik. And that isn't and can't be option. And most important part.. that highway would go trough other country... politics is a biatch.. who knows what could happen in future there and that part would ALWAYS be used when our and theirs gov would argue. Its better this way.
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #1035
dubart
HAL9001

Likes (Received): 158

Quote:
That way needs a skilful goverment in B&H as well, which I somehow find impossible to expect
dubart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #1036
x-type
con los terroristas

ok, but our incapable government agreed with that as it was the only soution. they didn't do their best to try to make BIH to allow us to make a coridor under our terms. actually, maybe they have done their best, but that only shows their huge incapacity.
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #1037
dubart
HAL9001

Look on the bright side... At least we'll have a nice bridge
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:27 PM   #1038
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudu24 View Post
Other side didn't want such option. As far as i've read only way they would allow Croatia to connect itself trough BiH is if highway would go trough Hercegovina all the way down to Dubrovnik. And that isn't and can't be option. And most important part.. that highway would go trough other country... politics is a biatch.. who knows what could happen in future there and that part would ALWAYS be used when our and theirs gov would argue. Its better this way.
I think in Austria is a similar case,where A1 and A12 is connected via Germany...
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #1039
dudu24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
I think in Austria is a similar case,where A1 and A12 is connected via Germany...
Yes but Austria had to negotiate with flexible partners. We had to negotiate with side that was crying because we are building bridge on our own soil and because of which that bridge will be 55m tall even tho biggest ship that can enter Neum bay doesn't even come close to that (even half of that height would be too much).
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #1040
dubart
HAL9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
Germany and B&H could never be compared, in any way