daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Los Angeles > Los Angeles forums > Transportation-Infrastructure

Transportation-Infrastructure All about Bridges, Subways and Urban Transport, Railways, Maritime, Freeways and Highways » Aviation

Old March 18th, 2007, 02:48 AM   #101
godblessbotox
la is pritty

Likes (Received): 12

what a bunch of ass holes...

"The people who are going to use this are the people who work in the hotels in Santa Monica, and they are going to come from the Hispanic areas nearer downtown. Now they take the bus."

these people should be tagged like peter-asses. give them that little ankle band so that they can never use the metro when we are in full swing. let them rot in there cars

me+flickr=joy
godblessbotox no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 18th, 2007, 02:54 AM   #102
ArchiTennis
Angeleeeeeeeno

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by godblessbotox View Post
what a bunch of ass holes...

"The people who are going to use this are the people who work in the hotels in Santa Monica, and they are going to come from the Hispanic areas nearer downtown. Now they take the bus."

these people should be tagged like peter-asses. give them that little ankle band so that they can never use the metro when we are in full swing. let them rot in there cars
totally and completely agree!! Thank you.... I find those types of people sooooo frustrating!!
ArchiTennis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 04:24 AM   #103
soup or man
Diamondz...

Likes (Received): 174

Some Expo Line stuff..

Expo Line Trains

Flower Street looking south

Flower Street looking south future

Flower Street looking north

Flower Street looking north future

Exposition Blvd looking west

Exposition Blvd looking west future

Exposition Blvd looking east

Exposition Blvd looking east future

National Blvd looking west

National Blvd looking west future
Old March 18th, 2007, 04:35 AM   #104
Fern~Fern*
What's his face*

Likes (Received): 65

[QUOTE=Threehundred;12222699]Some Expo Line stuff..

Expo Line Trains

^ Are you serious- they look very retro for some reason. I was expecting modern high tech trains instead... I guess if they get some wrap around advertising we can actually make it work. On the other hand the stations rock!
Old March 18th, 2007, 06:26 AM   #105
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Likes (Received): 42

From Flickr, by waltarrrrr:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old March 18th, 2007, 06:28 AM   #106
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferneynism View Post
I guess if they get some wrap around advertising we can actually make it work.
You're joking, right?
Old March 18th, 2007, 06:39 AM   #107
klamedia
Silver Lake

Likes (Received): 141

Gorgeous!!! I can't wait for 2009 and 2010!! I love the new Breda cars, they look subway-y!! CC will be transformed ala Pasadena but so will all of the Exposition Corridor! Those few who are opposing the #1 alternative for Expo have a slim to no chance of winning. The ROW already exists, their is now a vocal proponent group for the #1 alternative that are residences of Cheviot Hills and plus the opposition is tacky:

That statement will be used against them in the coming months. This is no longer the city of the 50's when HandCOCK Park could say that they don't want 'their neighborhood attacked' by those other people. Too bad, too bad 'Shoveitup' Hills.

Last edited by klamedia; March 18th, 2007 at 05:03 PM.
klamedia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:58 AM   #108
djm19

Likes (Received): 0

[QUOTE=Ferneynism;12222771]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threehundred View Post
Some Expo Line stuff..

Expo Line Trains

^ Are you serious- they look very retro for some reason. I was expecting modern high tech trains instead... I guess if they get some wrap around advertising we can actually make it work. On the other hand the stations rock!
These ARE more modern, high tech trains. These are new Breda cars, and they are more spacious than our current trains and they can be used on ALL of the light rail track, so if we get a downtown connector, a train can go from the blue line to the connector, to the gold line without a hitch. Current trains we have cant do that.

Plus they look more subway-car-ish, which is cool. I dont know if they will paint these cars to a different color. Certainly this grey metal look is perfect for the expo line (as its been portrayed so far)
djm19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #109
phattonez
Bleed Dodger Blue

I thought that all of the rail cars were supposed to be painted grey now so that:

Local Buses: Orange.
Rapid Buses: Red.
Express Buses: Blue
Metrorail: Grey.
phattonez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 11:53 PM   #110
LA-dude
LA-dude

ok so i wasnt sure where to put this but whatever....

NEED IDEAS!
I live in Downey pretty close to the Lakewood station Green Line and have been thinking about how the city could best utilize this asset. My friend from school is the daughter of the Mayor and so it wouldn't be too hard for me to have a conversation with him especially since we go to the same church as well. What could the mayor/city council do to fully maximize the Light Rail station in our city? I know not many cities can say they have a link to the MTA system so I just was wondering if you guys had any idea on how to approach this.

Some ideas I have so far:
1) Contact The Olson Company(olsonhomes.com) who specialize in small to medium sized TOD's throughout Southern Ca. Inform them of opportunites for development of underutilized land in Downey that is within walking distance of the Green Line.
2) Get the mayor to join the coalition that Ted Leiu has started in the South Bay(expand Green line to LAX) to also convince the State/MTA/whoever provides the funding, to also expand the Green line east to Norwalk Metrolink(it has already been studied) so this way the city has a link to the OC as well.
3)......not much else lol....this is where I need your guys' input...thx in advance

Last edited by LA-dude; March 20th, 2007 at 02:21 AM.
LA-dude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:49 AM   #111
godblessbotox
la is pritty

Likes (Received): 12

ahhh!! lime green text again!

give the mayor a hug for me

me+flickr=joy
godblessbotox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 03:17 AM   #112
solongfullerton

I didn't get a pic, but I was near the 3rd st. promenade today and I saw one of those articulated busses that are usually only used for route 720 on Wilshire, that was painted in the local bus colors (orange and grey). It was traveling on Wilshire, so I figured it was a route 20 bus. Has anyone else seen this?
solongfullerton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 03:34 AM   #113
Fern~Fern*
What's his face*

^ If your referring to the slinky rapid buses, yes I have. I see them on Vermont, Western back to back. Usually full to capacity I must say.
Old March 19th, 2007, 03:37 AM   #114
Fern~Fern*
What's his face*

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm19 View Post

These ARE more modern, high tech trains. These are new Breda cars, and they are more spacious than our current trains and they can be used on ALL of the light rail track, so if we get a downtown connector, a train can go from the blue line to the connector, to the gold line without a hitch. Current trains we have cant do that.

Plus they look more subway-car-ish, which is cool. I dont know if they will paint these cars to a different color. Certainly this grey metal look is perfect for the expo line (as its been portrayed so far)

^ I would understand if cost was a major factor. So we could only get what we can afford and whatnot. Hopefully that was the case and if not they should fire the decision maker who signed for those particular trains...
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:01 AM   #115
solongfullerton

so there are multiple lines running Local (orange and grey) "slinky busses"? I guess Vermont and Wilshire would be the best streets to run these extra capactiy busses on. Maybe this is happening on Ventura Blvd too.
solongfullerton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:36 AM   #116
soup or man
Diamondz...

I actually saw one of the accorrdian busses way out here in Riverside. Why I don't know.

Ferney...people don't ride LRT because they're looking for first class comfort. The new trains are nice. They are not nor are expected to be airstreams.
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:44 AM   #117
Fern~Fern*
What's his face*

All I'm saying is what we paid for those retro's Betra. I'm sure there was something similar with a more modern shell, that's all!!!!

Since we are visual people, a newer shell train would be more attractive. Then those non transit riders would be eager to ride the train. If they see this retro train their going to think we bought second hand trains. Not the attitude we want from Angelinos*
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:52 AM   #118
soup or man
Diamondz...

They're going to ride it anyway regardless of what they look like.
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:05 AM   #119
Fern~Fern*
What's his face*

The regulars for sure.... but if you want to reach out to everyone else. You might grab another hand full that's about it. And yes people are weird if we see something new and attractive curiosity kicks in. So a newer looking fleet is always positive to grab the 3.5 mil of Angelinos tired of the daily bumper to bumper traffic.

Hope you understand my point of view!
Old March 19th, 2007, 06:19 AM   #120
ArchiTennis
Angeleeeeeeeno

Likes (Received): 3

for once i agree with you...i would think that people that are even considering taking LRT would more than likely take it if it were somewhat futuristic looking.
ArchiTennis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
los angeles, transportation