daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 25th, 2007, 09:52 PM   #161
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

Likes (Received): 12

Nop it actually has five spans, the length of the cable stayed deck is as i said 2.252 meters, the whole bridge is 2,880 meters.

Take a look :

pilotos no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2007, 11:07 PM   #162
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotos View Post

Nop it actually has five spans, the length of the cable stayed deck is as i said 2.252 meters, the whole bridge is 2,880 meters.
span is a part of the bridge between two pylons

btw, we must appreciate both, the largest span and the largest bridge itself and we cannot say that one category of those two is more important
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #163
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

Yes i know what a span is, but i cant say it has 3 plus 2 half spans
Old October 29th, 2007, 01:22 AM   #164
KONSTANTINOUPOLIS
Ομόθρησκον

The Corinthos Canal

"Τό στάδιον τῶν ἀρετῶν ἠνέωκται, οἱ βουλόμενοι ἀθλῆσαι εἰσέλθετε.
"

† ΙΧΘΥΣ

KONSTANTINOUPOLIS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #165
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

Likes (Received): 888

EDIT: I'll search for it tomorrow again

Last edited by Patrick; November 5th, 2007 at 08:20 PM.
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 03:44 PM   #166
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Thanks for the invisible picture.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:35 PM   #167
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

Likes (Received): 888

http://www.*****************/pc/pc/ca...isplay/8609759

where is this?
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 09:00 AM   #168
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

"Autobahn nach Alexandroupoli GR"

Probably egnatia(A-2), seems like the motorway stops there, the picture should be old though, cause there isn't any parts u/c in or near Alexandroupoli.
Old November 8th, 2007, 10:56 AM   #169
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

there is also mentioned island Thassos, so it's probably somewhere near Kavala or Nea Kerdilia, maybe even Xanthi
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 09:30 PM   #170
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

Yes indeed the motorway is u/c near xanthi, and kavala.

Btw this is the latest map of Egnatia motorway work progress.
Old December 8th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #171
Rato Tvrdic
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotos View Post
Yes indeed the motorway is u/c near xanthi, and kavala.

Btw this is the latest map of Egnatia motorway work progress.
I've seen the km distances between cities. What does "operational Egnatia" mean? Some temporary road parallel to the motorway?
Rato Tvrdic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 01:26 AM   #172
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almopos View Post
Some construction pictures of the A-12/E-79 Serres-Promachones (Greek-Bulgarian border) motorway. Pictures are from stadia.gr member Alter100.

On our side construction hasnīt been started, I have no idea when it will, things stand bad unfortunately.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2007, 09:54 PM   #173
Rato Tvrdic
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Excellent job Greece!
Rato Tvrdic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #174
ea1969
R21

Likes (Received): 181

Map of Greek roads

Although nobody could be certain as far as Greek road numbering is concerned, I have to make the following remarks:

The motorway shown as A3 may be signed as A5 north of the A8, while the existing section of the southern part (the Patra Ring Road) has been already signed as A9, so the same may happen to the whole southern part. The motorway shown as A5 may have received the number A7, while the project shown as A51 towards Sparti has not got an official number yet (it may get A39).

All the remarks were made with the logic to give to motorways a number that corresponds to the national road it replaces or bypasses (of course Attiki Odos numbered as A6 and its branches do not follow this rule), but I have mentioned to a previous message the whole situation with road numbering in Greece is a total mess.
ea1969 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 04:12 PM   #175
Nik the Greek

Likes (Received): 3

Hello ea1969.

I made this Map.
And i look on Automobil-Maps and i see the Nr. of Motorways.
But the Greek-Transport of Ministry give other Numbers for the Motorways.
Maybe my Nr.A-3 when the motorway be ready the Ministry of Transport give the Number A-5 on for all the ohters Motorways on my Map, maybe are other Numbers,except the A-1,A-2,A-6 and A-8.
I think all the greek nationalroads recontsruction to Motorways the get this Numbers.
Patras-Pyrgos have the Nr.9 after the was a Motorway have the Number A-9.
Nik the Greek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #176
ea1969
R21

Map

Dear Nik

Even international map publishers are confused too. Hallwag, Marco Polo & Euromaps used to show the road numbers in a way similar to your map, although in the last edition Hallwag & Euromaps changed them a bit. Michelin shows only European numbers in its European Atlas, while in the 2007 edition of the separate map for Greece uses A5 for Ionia Odos north from Rio, A9 for the section south of Patra & A7 for the Korinthos - Kalamata one.

Other publishers are also confused and Greek publishers generally avoid to show road numbers at all.

The excellent site www.motorways-exitlists.com tries to fix things a bit but I am not sure if they are correct too (they have also named the Thessaloniki Promahonas bit as A12, the Velestino - Volos as A30 etc.). In any case it would be interesting to have a look at this site and let's hope that the Ministry of Public Works (YPEHODE) finally publishes an updated list other than the National Roads List of 1963.

In any case very nice map.
Old December 30th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #177
Nik the Greek

Likes (Received): 3

Hello.
Thank you for this Information about the Numbers of Motorways/Nationalroad in Greece.
But on my Map the Ringroad of Agrinio(Ionia-Odos) have the Nr.3 in green colour on Motorway (The Map Shell Europa 2007/2008).
And here a second problem with the right numbers on greece Motorway-Plate
I think the really right correct traffic plate is on Egnatia A-2.
Oll the roads cross A-2,the have the right traffic plate with the numbers of the Roads.
Look here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikos974/1813695877/
Interchange Lagadas,to Kilkis is the Number 65 with Blue colour and to Serres the Nr.12 on blue colour,now Peoples can understand this are Roads ore Nationalroads.
But on other motorways in Greece the A-1 cross other Roads the have the numbers in Green Colour.On Interchange A-1 Larrisa 4,Trikala,Karditsa the have the Nr.6 on green colour,so i inderstand when i read this Plate i think this is a Motorway to this direction,
but the Attiki-Odos-Motorway have too the Number 6!!!!
And this site motorways-exitlists.com this is not really right for Greece motorways.
What the number have Kozani-Ptelomaida? this is a Motorway.
I hope you understand me, whit my opinion about the numbers from Greece Motorways!
I think i must go to Work on Ministry of Public Works (YPEHODE) to give the right numbers of Roads,Nationalroads and Motorways.Ha,ha,ha

I wish you happy new Year ea1969.
Nik the Greek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 08:41 PM   #178
ea1969
R21

Rood numbers

Dear Nik

A happy new year to you and all at this forum.

In reference to your last message I have to agree with you. As shown on the image of your link & everywhere at Egnatia Odos they put the letter A in front of the motorway number (signed as A2). It is the practice followed in Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, France, the Benelux countries, Spain etc. On all other Greek motorways, they do not put the letter A in front of the number as in Germany or Switzerland. I do not know why is that.

On the other hand it seems that Egnatia Odos SA have their own ideas of signing their magnificent motorway. They have started using small letters on the direction signs in some new sections and in some cases they show some national road number in places that are not correct (ie. they show National Road 20 at the Venetikos exit, while road 20 is far to the north - Kozani - Ioannina via Konitsa or National Road 15 on the Profitis junction near Thessaloniki, while road 15 runs from Kalampaka to Kastoria and Prepses)!

On the Larisa case, it is sure one of the lots of mistakes. Number 6 should be indicated in blue, not in green. I do not know if they transform the Larisa - Trikala road to a motorway, which number they will give it as 6 has been given to Attiki Odos.

The Kozani - Ptolemaida road has motorway characteristics but I think it has not been considered to be a motorway as far as YPEHODE is concerned - it is still signed with blue signs.

The most funny thing in Greek road numbering however can be seen travelling from Athens to Patra. There were - I hope they have removed them - signs at Aspropyrgos showing the motorway as E8 (!!!), then you see motorway number shields as 8 and 8A along the exits up to Korinthos, at the interchange with Attiki Odos signs show the motorway as 8/E65 (E65 is only the bit from Rio to Korinthos as then the route goes towards Tripoli and Kalamata), in Rio you see E65 in blue (all European road shileds - not the signs only the shileds - must be in green and finally travelling the Patra Ring Road all westbound signs show 9/E55 (correctly) all eastbound signs 8/E65! The last is probably due to the fact 9/E55 after some kilometres the Ring Road merges to motorway 8 - but up to Rio it is still 8/E55).

This is Greece!
Old January 1st, 2008, 09:55 PM   #179
lpioe

Likes (Received): 18

Has anyone some good shots of the ringroad in Athens (Attiki Odos)?
It looks like a very nice motorway on Google Earth with a few intersting interchanges.
And the suburban railway runs in the middle of the two carriageways for about 50km.
lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:16 PM   #180
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

There you go, some pictures of "Attiki odos" from flickr.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Tags
Ελλάς, greece, highways, motorways