daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > Ontario

Ontario » Toronto

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 25th, 2006, 06:43 AM   #21
phunky
BANNED

Likes (Received): 172

the floor plans are really cool. i like the way most are layed out.
and it looks like they've only made floor plans for up to the high 20's.
phunky no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2006, 05:05 AM   #22
LordMandeep

Likes (Received): 12

It went one sale today and all the units being sold to the real estate agents were sold right away. Very hot project.

Should be rising by next year.
Old May 27th, 2006, 06:36 AM   #23
ScrapeTheSky
Coruscanti Cognoscente

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunky
the floor plans are really cool. i like the way most are layed out.
and it looks like they've only made floor plans for up to the high 20's.
Actually the floor plans go up to and above floor 50. You sure you looked through the whole PDF? There's tons of suites.
ScrapeTheSky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 06:41 AM   #24
ScrapeTheSky
Coruscanti Cognoscente

Suite A includes, for example, Suites 2002, 2006, 2102 ... 2701, 3404, 3803.

So you got 38th floor on like the first page lol.

Suite C includes suites on the 40th, 41st, 42nd, 52nd, 53rd, 54th floors.
Old May 27th, 2006, 06:43 AM   #25
jeicow

Likes (Received): 2

Not offical but if it's anything close to being true then it looks like it will get built no matter what. It was posted over at UT by Mike in TO

"I have unconfirmed sales reports from last night.

Apparently over 7,000 people pre-registered for Absolute World and over 2,000 of those registrants visited the sales office to pick up their information package.

Over 70% of the units have now sold in the brookers preview(subject to 10 day cooling off period). On June 10th the sales centre will open for those who pre-registered.

I've also heard that planning is underway for the fifth and final tower to try to cash in on the hype from Absolute World - especially since it's almost three quarters sold and they haven't even gotten to the thousands of people who pre-registered for the tower."

Hopefully the fifth tower will end up being taller to cash in on the hype and hopefully the Hurontario Townhouses end up being converted to commercial.
jeicow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 06:55 AM   #26
Waterloo_Guy
I See Skyscrapers

Wow. Maybe that last tower will be something special also. Why not?
Waterloo_Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 10:37 AM   #27
jeicow

Ignore my last post according to this they sold all of the units that were release so far (180) so 270 of the 450 units are left to be sold on June 10 (when the final units are releaseD)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Sexy' new condo attracts hundreds of buyers

CTV.ca News Staff

Nicknamed "Marilyn Monroe," a curvy condo tower in Mississauga is commanding a lot of interest, just like the movie star.

Hundreds of people stood in line Thursday evening for a chance to buy one of only 180 out of 450 available units in the Absolute Condominium complex.

"It's a two-bedroom on the 36th floor facing south," realtor George Aleksik said of the unit he purchased.

Demand for the condos meant they all sold within hours of the doors being opened to buyers and their realtors. The remaining 270 condos will go on sale June 10. All the units are being sold before construction has even started on the tower.

"We've actually been getting phone calls from people around the world that are interested in this building," one of the building's developers said Thursday evening.

An international architectural competition held by project developers Cityzen Development Group and Fernbrook Homes resulted in 92 submissions from 70 countries.

The winning design was the brainchild of the Beijing office of U.S. architectural firm MAD. Architect Ma Yansong wanted to create a building with a futuristic look. The result is a building most people view as sexy, due to the twisty and curvaceous design.

The building's sex appeal seems to be encouraging people to pay between $260,000 for a 500 square foot unit, up to $1 million for one of the penthouse suites.

"I think everything these days is too expensive," a condo buyer named Beth told CTV's Desmond Brown. "But it's a great looking condo and I think that's what people are going for."

Construction of the 50-storey residential tower on the corner of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road is slated to begin next year.
Old May 28th, 2006, 01:07 AM   #28
LordMandeep

Likes (Received): 12

easily will be sold and built. There will likely be many more towers in Mississauga.
Old May 29th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #29
sloid

Likes (Received): 4

I can't wait for that thing to get built. I got awesome views of that area from my house. Hopefully it gets built before we move to a new house.
sloid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 04:37 AM   #30
jeicow

New (brownfield) project in the Lakeshore/Cawthra Road area.

The giant lot west of Lakeshore/Cawthra (on the other side of Shoppers) looks like it will finally be built on. CountryHomes has put up a new advertisment thingy on the lot. Mind you, they've had a small trailer that has gone to crap sitting there for over 10 years and became a stoners shed but with the market the way it is I think this time something will get built. From the current zoning sign, it seems it will be mostly townhouses with Live/Work units facing onto Lakeshore (ie a copy of Fram). I'll try to stop by and get some numbers but it is nice that that lot will finally get filled in.

No info yet on their website- just registration information. www.countryhomes.ca.
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:26 PM   #31
rapideye95
Technology Pro

Likes (Received): 1

Construction of our Sales Office is now underway!

If you are already a resident of Clarkson Village, you will have already seen our construction team hard at work on Lakeshore Road West, beside Twin Spruce Park. Our Sales Office will contain two model suites and a large scale model of the building.

Our Grand Opening to the public is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, September 9th. However, since you have taken the time to pre-register either on our web site or on the phone, you will automatically receive an invitation to our VIP Preview this Summer!

Nestled beside Sheridan Creek and conveniently situated right across from the GO Station, the response to our signs along Southdown Road has been overwhelming.

Priced starting in the low $200,000s, Stonebrook Condominiums will consist of two 18-storey condominium buildings with expansive windows. Suite sizes range from approximately 730 to almost 1,400 sq. ft. Require a larger suite? Please contact us at your convenience.

Our luxurious standard features1 include:

One Parking and one Locker
Balcony2
9’ Ceilings and engineered wood flooring in all principal rooms
Granite kitchen countertop
6 appliances – your choice of white, black or stainless steel
Designer ensuite bathrooms with upgraded vanities, stone tops, soaker tub and separate glass shower
And much, much more!

Our building amenities include 24-hour concierge, pool, exercise room, yoga room, party room with caterer’s kitchen, lounge, billiards room, hobby room, theatre, his and her saunas, washrooms, and showers, two guest suites, a pet wash, and outdoor amenities.

Last edited by rapideye95; May 31st, 2006 at 11:52 PM.
rapideye95 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 02:09 AM   #32
Tuscani01

Likes (Received): 103

Square One is being evacuated because a package was found inside of a car...

A package, in a car, in the parking lot, at a mall....

Paranoid much?
Tuscani01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 02:31 AM   #33
phunky
BANNED

oh for god sakes. this world we live in is so messed up. no one is going to blow up a parking garage lol. if anything the package would be in the mall on a saturday or sunday afternoon not a tuesday evening!
Old June 7th, 2006, 06:54 AM   #34
sloid

Likes (Received): 4

do you guys think it kinda looks like miss tall monroe?
sloid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #35
Tuscani01

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloid

do you guys think it kinda looks like miss tall monroe?

Hey good pic... It shows how the balconies of Absolute will give the building its twisted shape.
Tuscani01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 10:39 AM   #36
phunky
BANNED

i've seen that building already, i don't think it looks anything like it, but the balconies have a similar feel is all.
Old June 9th, 2006, 12:24 AM   #37
doady

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscani01
Square One is being evacuated because a package was found inside of a car...

A package, in a car, in the parking lot, at a mall....

Paranoid much?

lol, paranoia in suburbia... how surprising!
doady no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 01:40 AM   #38
phunky
BANNED

square one is not suburbia
meadowvale is suburbia.

also i don't think the mall was ever evacuated. i check mississauga news and pulse 24 on my rss feeds all the time and there was no mention of this, and there definitely would have been.
Old June 9th, 2006, 01:54 AM   #39
ScrapeTheSky
Coruscanti Cognoscente

Not a sky scraper, but I read in the Mississauga News city zoning pages that there is a proposal for a Wal-Mart at Heartland Town Centre, at Matheson & Mavis, behind BMO and Baton Rouge. Just what Mississauga needs, another Wal-Mart. As if traffic on Mavis isn't bad enough!
Old June 9th, 2006, 02:09 AM   #40
doady

Likes (Received): 5

^ Yeah, it's too bad the city let so much big box shit be built so close to both the City Centre and Streetsville. Square One already has the world's largest Walmart... there doesn't need to be another one so close by, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunky
square one is not suburbia
meadowvale is suburbia.

also i don't think the mall was ever evacuated. i check mississauga news and pulse 24 on my rss feeds all the time and there was no mention of this, and there definitely would have been.

Actually the Mississauga New did have a story about it. You can find it here and it explains much:
http://www.mississauga.com/mi/peelpo...-4083418c.html
doady no está en línea   Reply With Quote