daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > Ontario

Ontario » Toronto

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 6th, 2006, 07:59 AM   #81
phunky
BANNED

Likes (Received): 172

not bad. i like the lines!
phunky no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2006, 11:26 PM   #82
Tuscani01

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeicow
The early website for Northshore was launched sometime lastweekend and they have movies up showing the design and with all these old farts talking about it.

http://www.framhomes.com/northshore/...horeindex.html

The design for the southern tower seems to have been change from all the early designs released before. It's kinda boxie imo, but has a really weird (not sure whether it's nice or not) roof, but meets the street amazingly.

Sorry it's small but it's a screeshot from one of the movies.
Hey its cute!

Great news for Port Credit
Tuscani01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 04:15 AM   #83
doady

Likes (Received): 5

Here is a PDF file with information about the Mississauga City Centre urban growth centre (as designated by the province in the Places to Grow plan). Apparently, municipalities are to define the boundaries of their ubran growth centre(s) themselves and Mississauga's will be MCC plus the rest of the Hurontario corridor between Bristol and the QEW, so not only will MCC be the fonus of much intensification but also Cooksville too.

http://www5.mississauga.ca/agendas/p...mResIntens.pdf
doady no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 08:03 AM   #84
phunky
BANNED

i received a councillor's report from frank dale of ward 4 (my ward) and it has some cool information in it that i figured i'd pass along to you all.

click on the picture to see it in a bigger version if you are having a hard time reading the text. i know the scans aren't the best but they're readable

Click Here

Click Here

Click Here

And a section about parking for the GO Square One station. I'm not too happy about this, building a parking lot to get people to park their cars and then get on a GO Bus. How about they take Mississauga Transit to Square One Go station?
Anyway here is the write up.

Click Here
Old July 8th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #85
ScrapeTheSky
Coruscanti Cognoscente

Likes (Received): 0

I think a parking lot specifically for GO transit users is a step in the right direction. Not everyone can get to Square One quickly/easily by transit. For myself it would be either 2 buses (38 and 26) or a 10 minute walk to the nearest bus (10). And unfortunately, the current routing of the 10 adds at least 5 minutes to the trip. And in the winter especially, transfers really suck, and so does walking 10 minutes to get to a bus stop, only to wait even longer if the bus was too early or too late.
ScrapeTheSky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 10:52 PM   #86
phunky
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapeTheSky
I think a parking lot specifically for GO transit users is a step in the right direction. Not everyone can get to Square One quickly/easily by transit. For myself it would be either 2 buses (38 and 26) or a 10 minute walk to the nearest bus (10). And unfortunately, the current routing of the 10 adds at least 5 minutes to the trip. And in the winter especially, transfers really suck, and so does walking 10 minutes to get to a bus stop, only to wait even longer if the bus was too early or too late.
trust me i feel your sympathy. that's why mississauga transit needs to improve their routing.
Old July 9th, 2006, 12:52 AM   #87
doady

Square One is the last place where more parking should be built. It is by far the most accessible location in Mississauga for transit. Instead, the existing parking lots should be replaced with transit-oriented development.
Old July 9th, 2006, 01:33 AM   #88
phunky
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by doady
Square One is the last place where more parking should be built. It is by far the most accessible location in Mississauga for transit. Instead, the existing parking lots should be replaced with transit-oriented development.
yes i feel the same way. like we need more parking lots. but i guess people aren't allowed to park their cars at square one. they should just rent some parking off of square one and make a certain section just for go transit.
Old July 9th, 2006, 01:49 AM   #89
doady

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunky
yes i feel the same way. like we need more parking lots. but i guess people aren't allowed to park their cars at square one. they should just rent some parking off of square one and make a certain section just for go transit.

Yes exactly. Just park at Streetsville GO instead and take the bus from there. Same thing.
Old July 9th, 2006, 05:52 AM   #90
phunky
BANNED

or erindale or cooksville, that is for the milton line anyway.
the other buses you'd have to park somewhere else. like the 403 and 407 buses.
Old July 9th, 2006, 05:53 AM   #91
jeicow

Likes (Received): 2

I don't really know where in the location they gave they can fit in 190 spots. One side is the Chapters/SportChek Parking lot and the other is the Playdium lot but knowing the city they can probably find a place.

Btw, does anyone know the sales status of Eve/Eden Park, and any rumours about when the third tower is suppose to go up? I'm getting really annoyed about no major Parkside Village news having happened in a while and according to the news today, the housing market in the GTA is the most level in has been in a year and a half, so it looks like the condo boom might be slowing down (but lets hope it ain't)
jeicow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2006, 05:55 AM   #92
LordMandeep

Likes (Received): 12

okay i went to terminal 1 deperatures and was going up the ramp and you couold see a nice view of MCC. Its growing fast!
Old July 9th, 2006, 06:49 AM   #93
Martinsizon

Likes (Received): 1

Where would Parkside Village be situated in. http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/cx/?id=111675 Im guessing west side of the extended Confederation.
Martinsizon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #94
jeicow

Parkside is a huge development, that is indeed going to be west of the Confederation Extension, north of Burnhamthorpe, west of the current sprawl to the west, and south of Rathburn.

An early design, that will likely change, but as it is being developed by Amacon we may end up with these so-so buildings.
Old July 9th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #95
Tuscani01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeicow
Parkside is a huge development, that is indeed going to be west of the Confederation Extension, north of Burnhamthorpe, west of the current sprawl to the west, and south of Rathburn.

An early design, that will likely change, but as it is being developed by Amacon we may end up with these so-so buildings.
I really hope Amacon goes all out and turns Parkside Village into a real neigbourhood. It would be nice to walk a street filled with shops and surrounded by tall buildings in Mississauga.
Old July 10th, 2006, 01:55 AM   #96
Martinsizon

Likes (Received): 1

Mike in TO over at UT says the Absolute Phase 5 is 50 stories.
Martinsizon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 02:06 AM   #97
jeicow

^ The problem is that until everything is offically announced everything is pure speculation. While I hope that this other tower will be a pure beaut and the townhouses facing Huontario will become retail, until it is announced by Fernbrook that fifth tower is just a tower.
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:50 AM   #98
GreatExpectations

Absolute Towers 4 & 5

The Absolutecondos.com site has a picture of both towers 4 & 5.
Counting the floors (I have nothing better to do), tower 5 looks to be 50 stories. Tower 4 is still 56.
GreatExpectations no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 03:00 AM   #99
Tuscani01

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatExpectations
The Absolutecondos.com site has a picture of both towers 4 & 5.
Counting the floors (I have nothing better to do), tower 5 looks to be 50 stories. Tower 4 is still 56.
Nice! Thanks...

Old July 12th, 2006, 03:25 AM   #100
kashyap3
Right Wing-ed

man city centre is growing at such a rapid pace
I remember when I first came to mississauga, there were only a few tall buildings @ city centre
the kaneff buildings at Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe and the 4 Mississauga Executive Centre glass cages

now its looking very nice and lets hope it rivals downtown toronto...[long way to go]
kashyap3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote