daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 8th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #2121
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

OK, fall 2009
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #2122
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

It would be summer 2056 according to the Dutch standards; fall 2009 is still quite soon.
Old February 8th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #2123
Micrav
Live!

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
Scezin? You mean Szczecin? When yes, then it won't be finished within nearest 5 years.

As for A2, Section Germany - Nowy Tomysl starts in april, Łódź - Warsaw maybe around spring(?).
Thanks, maybe I mixed Szczcin and Nowy Tomysl. In fact I just want to know when this A2 will be open at last. I have been driving on it up to 3 times a month for 3 years and it is so dangerous to go out due to the intense international traffic. If I could reach Latvia from Belgium in 22 hours in safe conditions, it would be great. Right now, I am between 28 an 36 hours due to slow and dangerous roads mainly in Poland...
Micrav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:24 AM   #2124
Jakub Warszauer

Likes (Received): 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrav View Post
Can anybody give an update of when the missing links between the german border and the highway to Warsaw will be finished (from border to Scezin) and from Lodz to Warsaw?
And update of roadworks of ViaBaltica from Warsaw to Lithuanian border? TKS.
One more thing: new section of Warsaw north-western by-pass is under construction. It will be much easier to switch from road number 8 to road number 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub Warszauer View Post
Quote:
Łódź - Warsaw maybe around spring(?).
You are an optimist.
Quote:
OK, fall 2009
Still, I don't belive in it. I Hope that you will be right.
Jakub Warszauer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #2125
bebe.2006
Ekspert

Likes (Received): 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrav View Post
Thanks, maybe I mixed Szczcin and Nowy Tomysl. In fact I just want to know when this A2 will be open at last. I have been driving on it up to 3 times a month for 3 years and it is so dangerous to go out due to the intense international traffic. If I could reach Latvia from Belgium in 22 hours in safe conditions, it would be great. Right now, I am between 28 an 36 hours due to slow and dangerous roads mainly in Poland...

So,

1. The missing links between the german border and Nowy Tomysl/Poznan (105 km) - the contrat for buiding were signed in November 2008. The construction will start in April 2009, if the construction firm will get the credit from the bank (it will be built in PPP-system). This section of A2 should be finished on the end of 2011.

2. The missing links between Lodz and Warsaw (95 km) - the negotiation with the construction firm should be finished till the end of February. Then they have to get a credit by a bank (this link will be also built in PPP-system) and completed the buiding project. So if everythink goes well, they will start in a year or so. The finish of this construction are planed in 2011/2012 (before EURO2012).

3. The road between Warsaw and Lithuanian border (ViaBaltica) are upgraded now from Warsaw to Wyszkow (40km - to finish in July 2009). The whole expressway S8 will need a little more time to be finished as the motorway A2. To be honest, now it's made first the plan where should the road go through (via Bialystok or Lomza). So I think we have to wait something about 10 years to be able to drive the whole section.
bebe.2006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #2126
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

I don't get that why motorway construction in Poland not started from capital, like in many other countries ?

Is that because Poland is fairly big country and there other really important priorities than Warsaw ?
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:11 AM   #2127
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

No. Because of the level of urbanization in greater Warsaw and crazy nimbys popping up everywhere.
Old February 10th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #2128
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Well, I shouldnt generalise

I forgot about 'pseudo-motorway' to Silesia and those dual carriegeways in direction of Gdansk or Bialystok which were constructed during Gierek era ?
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #2129
PLH

Winter-update:

A8 Wrocław bypass

z wroclaw.dolnyslask.pl 9 luty

S3 Szczecin - Gorzów Wlkp.

widok z objazdu na drodze Dzenin Gardno w kierunku Gorzowa

widok na linie wysokiego napięcia ok 13 km

widok w kierunku Gorzowa chyba WD 16 i 17

WD 18

widok w kierunku szczecina z okolic WD 18

stan WD 18

25km widok w kierunku Gorzowa

widok w kierunku WD 20

widok z WD 20 w kierunku szczecina

widok z WD 20 w kierunku Gorzowa - węzeł Pyrzyce

widok z WD 22 w kierunku szczecina
Old February 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #2130
Matz32Z
Obserwator

Likes (Received): 273

A4/A18 :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by loa View Post

Zdjęcia z 12.02.2009 (kiepska jakość, jak i pogoda)

1. A18 (jeszcze) - kierunek Jędrzychowice i Olszyna:

2. W tym miejscu będą już 4 pasy:

3. Z bliska rozwidlenie na Jędrzychowice i Olszynę:

4. Dojeżdżamy do końca węzła. Z prawej strony 1-pasowy wlot od strony Jędrzychowic w kierunku Olszyny:

5. I wracamy. Znowu "zwężka":

6. Jedziemy tymczasowo "pod prąd". Po prawej widać jak będziemy zjeżdżać z A18 - dwa pasy po lewej to A4 kierunek Wrocław, zaś jeden pas na prawo zaprowadzi nas na A4 do Jędrzychowic:

7. To samo co na fotce nr 4, ale widok z drugiej strony, czyli 1-pasowy zjazd na A18 z A4 od strony Jędrzychowic:

8. Dokładnie tu zjedziemy z A4 od Jędrzychowic, po to, żeby wyjechać na A18 i lecieć na Olszynę w miejscu, które widać na dwóch wcześniejszych fotkacj:

Old February 15th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #2131
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

The photos of the A4/A18 motorway are great. I've never seen so much snow in Poland before. I see they still haven't gotten around to changing the signs to read Berlin and Dresden I really hope that that will be done before the motorway opens in August and certainly done by April (thats if stupid EU laws can be overruled). It will be ironic that the shorter stretch of the A4 from Kraków to Szarów will be open before the Zgorzelec-Krzyzowa section
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2009, 12:29 PM   #2132
Timon91
Error

The finished but not yet opened () A4 stretch seems like a pretty good 'langlauf-loipe' to me
Old February 15th, 2009, 01:36 PM   #2133
Chris80678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
The finished but not yet opened () A4 stretch seems like a pretty good 'langlauf-loipe' to me
Please explain what 'langlauf-loipe' means. I've never heard of the term!
I presume its from German but I only know a tiny bit of German
Old February 15th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #2134
Timon91
Error

"Langlaufen" means "cross-country skiing". A "loipe" is a track to do it on. Since the almost finished but not yet opened A4 has a smooth layer of snow on it, it would be the perfect place for some cross-country skiing
Old February 16th, 2009, 05:32 AM   #2135
E2rdEm
prostownik

Likes (Received): 1201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
It will be ironic that the shorter stretch of the A4 from Kraków to Szarów will be open before the Zgorzelec-Krzyzowa section
Don't worry. It won't.
The company which won the bid for Kraków-Szarów was late with starting the construction and they weren't organized enough to catch up with the schedule. Their subcontractors predict that the construction needs another year to be finished.
Full story in polish: http://miasta.gazeta.pl/krakow/1,357...w_poslizg.html
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #2136
bebe.2006
Ekspert

Likes (Received): 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2rdEm View Post
The company which won the bid for Kraków-Szarów was late with starting the construction and they weren't organized enough to catch up with the schedule. Their subcontractors predict that the construction needs another year to be finished.
Full story in polish: http://miasta.gazeta.pl/krakow/1,357...w_poslizg.html
The problem are some foreign companies who win the tenders by offer the lowest price for construction, without any building capacities in Poland, only because they try to settle down here.

Dragados from Spain is not the first foreign company who were looking for staff members in Poland month after signing the contract.

Last edited by bebe.2006; February 16th, 2009 at 02:46 PM.
bebe.2006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #2137
Matz32Z
Obserwator

Likes (Received): 273

A4 Zgorzelec-Krzyzowa KONTRAKT B 31.01.2009

Km 25+000 PZ 51

Km 26+000

Km 32+500

Km 43+500

Km 47+000 PZ 47

Km 49+500

http://www.zgorzelec-krzyzowa.pl/gallery.aspx
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:06 AM   #2138
Chris80678

I see our old friend Olszyna PL D is still with us . Somehow I don't think all of the signs will be changed in the spring to change Olszyna to Berlin and Jedrychowice and Zgorzelec to Dresden
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:31 PM   #2139
Timon91
Error

If it happens at interchange Krzyzowa (AFAIK it did) it is already a great achievement and a first step to change it all. Still it is quite confusing to see Dresden once at the interchange, and the next time when you enter Germany, but it's a start
Old February 18th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #2140
PLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
Somehow I don't think all of the signs will be changed in the spring to change Olszyna to Berlin and Jedrychowice and Zgorzelec to Dresden
Why? Now a special reguation was introduces, that changes destination names from border crossing names to big cities, also abroad.

Even the very top from Warsaw wrote to user Rusonaldo, who stared this action:

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road