daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 9th, 2007, 10:34 AM   #281
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

If they replace the commieblocks, what WILL happen, because the more welfare people get, the less they want to live in a flat, then you might see some big urban sprawl too. Look at all those flats, they contain enough people for a huge suburb.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2007, 11:19 AM   #282
Blok
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Once they will renovate the commieblocks it will look even better than most Western European cities.
Their already look quite ok :
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...8#post15778408
most commieblocks in Poland are already renovated mostly because of economical reasons- termomodernization

Quote:
If they replace the commieblocks, what WILL happen, because the more welfare people get, the less they want to live in a flat, then you might see some big urban sprawl too. Look at all those flats, they contain enough people for a huge suburb.
I higly doubt smt like that happen in neer future(100-200 years) since we still nead at least 3 milion apartments and if/when poland become immigrant destination we would need even more...

Last edited by Blok; October 9th, 2007 at 11:30 AM.
Blok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #283
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blok View Post
I higly doubt smt like that happen in neer future(100-200 years) since we still nead at least 3 milion apartments and if/when poland become immigrant destination we would need even more...
It happened a lot here in the Netherlands, they waited too long to build houses, and now everyone moved from flats to houses, and now they build 90.000 houses annually (comparable to a city of 225.000), and even that's not enough. Cities grow bigtime, while the population growth is only minimal.
Old October 9th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #284
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1819

Suburbs are so booooooring!!! City life is much cooler and more interesting. That doesn't mean I like commieblocks, just that flats don't have to be for poor people.

BTW, thanks for posting such nice construction pics, volkhen.
Rebasepoiss está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #285
Fallout
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Likes (Received): 1350

Quote:
Are you kidding? These buildings would start falling apart in 50 years, but they will probably replaced in 10-20 years from now.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
― Hermann Göring

The monster never dies, no matter how many times you kill it. It just sheds its skin and changes form.
― William J. Blazkowicz
Fallout no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 03:36 PM   #286
Blok
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
Are you kidding? These buildings would start falling apart in 50 years, but they will probably replaced in 10-20 years from now.
No they wont but many old building from IXX century propably would since their in very poor condition

Quote:
It happened a lot here in the Netherlands, they waited too long to build houses, and now everyone moved from flats to houses, and now they build 90.000 houses annually (comparable to a city of 225.000), and even that's not enough. Cities grow bigtime, while the population growth is only minimal.
So Netherlands are slowly turning into new America thats just sad there should be some regulations against sprawl...
Old October 10th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #287
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It has, by far, nothing to do with American sprawl. It's more natural, flat neigborhoods turned out to be the neighborhoods with the lowest living standards, hence the move to the suburban areas. Then there is also the fact that the number of 1 person households is rising, so you need more houses for the same population. And then there is also the little thing called a huge backlog in constructing the last 2 decades. And the social housing build in the late 1940's, 1950's and 1960's after the WWII are ready to be demolished and replaced.

So that's why we build huge new neighborhoods, which aren't American-like at all, i guess the American density in suburbs is 3 times lower as Dutch ones.

To return to roads; the Dutch governments builds huge amounts of houses annually, but does nothing to upgrade or replace the existing road infrastructure, hence the out of control traffic jams we have. I hope they won't make the same mistake in Poland.
Old October 10th, 2007, 07:48 PM   #288
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
No they wont but many old building from IXX century propably would since their in very poor condition
You mean XIX century?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:42 PM   #289
Blok
BANNED

propably
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:27 PM   #290
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
To return to roads; the Dutch governments builds huge amounts of houses annually, but does nothing to upgrade or replace the existing road infrastructure, hence the out of control traffic jams we have. I hope they won't make the same mistake in Poland.
If they are building that much, I would expect them to include new motorways, or at least other types of high-capacity roads, in the plans for suburban development. Basically what I'm saying is: build proper connectionsbefore building the new neighborhoods and populating them.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #291
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
If they are building that much, I would expect them to include new motorways, or at least other types of high-capacity roads, in the plans for suburban development. Basically what I'm saying is: build proper connectionsbefore building the new neighborhoods and populating them.
There are 2x2 roads all over my district,because in the past system(before the wall)they've planned with massive expansion of the residential areas. There are 2x2 roads everywhere...at industrial parks,in the middle of the forests...everywhere.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 09:32 AM   #292
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
That's exactly what i'm saying, but they rather have the money the houses bring rather than investing in roads.

And they create so a lot of traffic jams, and then blame the automobile driver for it, that they don't take the bicyle or the bus
Old November 15th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #293
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

Nothing happens on this thread, so i decided to post a movie i made today. This is part of my daily commute - A6 round Szczecin. This is my first movie, so it may be a little unperfect .

EDIT: Next part of the road, signed as S3. A little bit crappy.

EDIT 2: And the last part of my daily S3. This is regular expressway, without surprises.

a za oknem słonko świeci.

Last edited by pmaciej7; November 15th, 2007 at 03:56 PM.
pmaciej7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #294
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

OMG,whats that at the end of the movie???
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #295
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

As i told earlier, this is heaven and hell road. Two years ago part of A6 you may see now on first video, looked the same way. In next 2 years, this road will be upgraded to motorway standards. Concrete crappy part and exit at the end of it will be reconstructed, first one level crossing will be closed and second - upgraded to two levels with or without exit - they didn't decide yet.
a za oknem słonko świeci.

Last edited by pmaciej7; November 15th, 2007 at 03:51 PM.
pmaciej7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #296
Verso
Islander

Thanks, very cool videos! This motorway (A6) is so funny to me; short since always. But why do you drive so fast on that crappy part of the S3? Don't you feel sorry for your car?
Old November 15th, 2007, 07:32 PM   #297
Czas na Żywiec
Globetrekker

Likes (Received): 1046

Maybe he has a Maluch, those things can take a lot of abuse.

AR AT BE BG BR CA CH CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR HR HU IE IT LT LU LV NL PL RO RS SE SI SK TR UA UK US UY
Czas na Żywiec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 07:42 PM   #298
Verso
Islander

^ Haha. Maciej drives Škoda Fabia 1.4 combi, and I don't think Maluch can go that fast anyway.
Old November 15th, 2007, 08:22 PM   #299
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

btw, what are the names for Maluch (Fiat 126p) in other countries? here in Croatia everyone call it Peglica (that means little iron, but not iron as Fe, but like this)
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #300
Verso
Islander

^ In Slovenian it's called Bolha - Flea.

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road