daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:40 PM   #3181
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

Sundays are the best - always a new set of pictures

S7 (Skarzysko Kamienna - Kielce)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msz2 View Post
Widok w kierunku Warszawy na wiadukt nad linią kolejową Nr8:

a tu widok w stronę Krakowa:

siatka ogrodzeniowa:

Budowa ronda na węźle Barcza:

Układanie miesznki mineralno bitumicznej (to chyba będzie już warstwa
ścieralna) na węźle Barcza:

Kładka:

Ruch cały czas odbywa się po jednej jezdni:

Kierunek Warszawa:

A tu węzeł Kielce Północ:

Wąłczenie DK-73 w S-7

Strabagowi została jeszcze do wykonania druga jezdnia na obwodnicy Kielc na długości ok. 300m:

Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:42 PM   #3182
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

So now Kielce bypass is now during building extra lanes, right ?
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 06:36 AM   #3183
Czas na Żywiec
Globetrekker

Likes (Received): 1046

I can't see any of the pictures you posted, ufonut.

AR AT BE BG BR CA CH CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR HR HU IE IT LT LU LV NL PL RO RS SE SI SK TR UA UK US UY
Czas na Żywiec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #3184
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

For me only three are not visible (bandwith exceeded)
Old August 24th, 2009, 01:21 PM   #3185
Mateusz

Same for me
Old August 24th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #3186
and802

Likes (Received): 55

a4 Szarów - UA Border

good days collegues,

do we still think 05/2012 is a doable going-live date for an A4 Szarów-UA Border project ?
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #3187
Homem
Walking man

Likes (Received): 111

Connections with Western Europe and within country are a priority for Poland.
Basic motorway network linking main polish cities is far to be finished, modernized airports network was urgent, decent intercity railways (HSR will come later) idem, urban transportation will be boosted...etc. That's the important points. UEFA'cup must be used as a smart pretext to improve polish infrastructure (like the olympics in Athens and Greece in 2004).

Despite the co-organization, Ukraine is not really a priority for Poland, and it's understandably.
In 2012, perhaps the A4 will reach Rzeszów maximum, no further.

Marcher debout

"Ali Topu Agop'a at", Hrant Dink.

Rire ensemble de nos différences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjwFcSRzO48
Homem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 03:23 PM   #3188
MAG
Keep it simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
good days collegues,

do we still think 05/2012 is a doable going-live date for an A4 Szarów-UA Border project ?
Time will tell.

It is nothing more than pure speculation whether the A4 will reach Ukraine or not by May 2012. The EURO2012 football event is only a catalyser to prevent loss of face by the Poles but it is not a drop-dead date, after which the Universe will collapse.

We will still need the A4 (and other motorways) badly after the summer of 2012 and I would rather the motorways were built to a decent standard than score some short-term political point, which proves nothing.

I would be overjoyed if all of A4 were completed by May 2012 but right now I am not holding my breath. I cannot see how the required public tender procedures can be satisfied and the road built in less than 3 years.

Drogowskaz Classic

MAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #3189
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG View Post

I would be overjoyed if all of A4 were completed by May 2012 but right now I am not holding my breath. I cannot see how the required public tender procedures can be satisfied and the road built in less than 3 years.
I think it could be done if construction starts this year, and they start working on the entire stretch simultaneously. They also open the A4 and A2 in 2.5 - 3 years, so it should be possible. But if they do it phase by phase, they won't make it in time, probably not even before 2015.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #3190
bleetz
one.man.army

Likes (Received): 396

I am surprised to see the A4 longer than the A2 at this stage. Isn't Berlin-Warsaw connection the first priority? Is A4 expected to be busier than A2 once both of them are completed?
bleetz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #3191
Czas na Żywiec
Globetrekker

Likes (Received): 1046

I'd say A4 is just as important as A2. A2 (when completed) will connect Warsaw, Lodz and Poznan with Berlin. A4 connects Krakow, Katowice (Largest urban agglomeration in Poland) and Wroclaw with Berlin (via A18) and Dresden.

AR AT BE BG BR CA CH CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR HR HU IE IT LT LU LV NL PL RO RS SE SI SK TR UA UK US UY
Czas na Żywiec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #3192
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Time will tell.

It is nothing more than pure speculation whether the A4 will reach Ukraine or not by May 2012. The EURO2012 football event is only a catalyser to prevent loss of face by the Poles but it is not a drop-dead date, after which the Universe will collapse.

We will still need the A4 (and other motorways) badly after the summer of 2012 and I would rather the motorways were built to a decent standard than score some short-term political point, which proves nothing.

you are right. Universe will not collapse (not to mention Solar system). in fact my question concerned A4 finish before Euro 2012. and it looks like only Tom Cruise can do it (a mission impossible hero).

again you are right even if we cross Euro 2012 date we still need them.

one thing I assume you can be wrong is that in terms of hurry we could loose some quality. this will never happen. I believe there are procedures which will not allow to do it in the wrong way. the most importantly: even construction companies will never agree to do it in the wrong way, 'cause they will not receive the payment. so it does not really depend on political correctness/national proudness.

anyway I got the answer. A4 will not be ready.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #3193
MAG
Keep it simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetz View Post
I am surprised to see the A4 longer than the A2 at this stage. Isn't Berlin-Warsaw connection the first priority? Is A4 expected to be busier than A2 once both of them are completed?
I'd have to check the traffic volumes.
I suspect the south is busier than the Berlin-Warszawa axis.
Maybe someone else has the details to hand and will beat me to it.

But the real reason is that in the south there were the remains of the old Reichsautobahn network, including earthworks. The A2 is being built from scratch, though in may places it follows the old German path.

EDIT:

Here is a prognosis of Polish traffic volumes in 2015.
The legend says to add traffic flows in both directions to arrive at the total average number of cars per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
... I believe there are procedures which will not allow to do it in the wrong way...
Sorry, maybe I did not make it clear enough.
What I meant was that the agreed standard may be lower by bilateral agreement and the construciton companies just sign up to it.

I did not want to imply that any construction company would knowingly build a motorway to a lesser standard.
That would be like shooting yourself in the foot.

Drogowskaz Classic

Last edited by MAG; August 24th, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
MAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #3194
Warsawbynight

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
del

Last edited by Warsawbynight; August 24th, 2009 at 09:12 PM.
Warsawbynight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #3195
Warsawbynight

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Ofcourse it is. A2 is much more important and should be the priority, but in Poland most people do not think about national priorities, but there particular and regional interests
Warsawbynight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #3196
ChrisZwolle
Road user

In my opinion, not taking Euro2012 into account, the highest priority should be to construct the A2 between Lodz and Warszawa, as well as building S2 through Warszawa. Another high priority should be to complete A1. A4 east of Kraków is less important due to the lower population density and lower traffic volumes. A2 east of Warszawa also doesn't need to be constructed right away if there's no funding available.
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #3197
Mateusz

I don't think that they would skimp on anything. There is project and design, company builds it

Łódź-Warszawa connection was meant to be first to be constructed before WWII, but these were only visions though
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:35 AM   #3198
Andrzej_3598

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
In my opinion, not taking Euro2012 into account, the highest priority should be to construct the A2 between Lodz and Warszawa, as well as building S2 through Warszawa. Another high priority should be to complete A1. A4 east of Kraków is less important due to the lower population density and lower traffic volumes. A2 east of Warszawa also doesn't need to be constructed right away if there's no funding available.
Yesterday construction works commenced on A2 bypass of Mińsk Mazowiecki (21km) - first section of A2 east of Warsaw. Minister of infrastructure Grabarczyk said that they are going to speed-up preparations for all the sections of A2 between Warsaw and future S19 (next to Międzyrzecz Podlaski). I guess - this is due too substantial savings on actual projects (usually contract value is 30-40% lower than budget).

Traffic on DK2 (national road 2) east of Warsaw is not so marginal. IN case of Mińsk Mazowiecki - 26000 cars/day (out of it 7000 tracks).

Last edited by Andrzej_3598; August 25th, 2009 at 08:34 PM.
Andrzej_3598 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 11:40 AM   #3199
bleetz
one.man.army

Likes (Received): 396

Quote:
Here is a prognosis of Polish traffic volumes in 2015.
The legend says to add traffic flows in both directions to arrive at the total average number of cars per day.

http://josviaqueforum.blox.pl/resour...2015gddkia.jpg
This is an interesting map. I can see that they are still planning to build E67 ("Via Baltica") via Bialystok as opposed to Lomza. However, from what I know, the Warsaw-Lithuania section of E67 will not be completed by 2015 and so I would expect to see more traffic through Lomza on this map.
bleetz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 11:42 AM   #3200
ChrisZwolle
Road user

To be frank I think A4 Gliwice - Wroclaw - Zgorzelec is underrated. Surely more than 8000 - 12000, I expect it to be more around 25000 in 2015.

And 25,000 is internationally seen still low for a major intercity motorway. In NL, 40,000 is even seen as quiet.

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road