daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:25 AM   #4341
bigalowski

Likes (Received): 1

Would it be much different distance-wise driving from Wrocław to Praha if one hits A4 from Wroclaw to Legnica and then S3 southwards?
Another thing I want to mention is the Wrocław Wien road. The local government of Lower Silesia asserts that the government enters the S5 Expressway to the Czech border in Boboszów on a carry out list within the limits of so called Central European transport corridor. Below, you'll find link to capacious article about it:

http://investmap.pl/wiadomosci/dolny...twa,10299.html

However, the above mentioned road from Wrocław to Wien was planned by German Nazis. I found this website with its stages layed out:

http://www.dalnice.com/mapy/automapy...y_r43_uvod.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogregor View Post
For me the biggest missing link is possible S8 from Wroclaw through Klodzko basin towards Czech border.
At the moment Klodzko Basin is only really connected with "the rest od Poland" by DK8 with quite hilly section cutting through mountains separating basin from lowlands. It is narrow, slow and dangerous road.
Klodzko basin is already an important tourist region (many famous spa towns, very interesting geology and history) with huge potential for growth. But it needs decent road connection to prosper.
It would be also quickest link from Wroclaw or Poznan (via S5) to Prague.

It would be much more used than S69 which we currently build from Zywiec to Slovakia passing through some villages.
Sometimes we get our priorities very strange indeed.
bigalowski no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:58 AM   #4342
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19421

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalowski View Post
Would it be much different distance-wise driving from Wrocław to Praha if one hits A4 from Wroclaw to Legnica and then S3 southwards?
305 vs 275 km.

Quote:
However, the above mentioned road from Wrocław to Wien was planned by German Nazis. I found this website with its stages layed out:

http://www.dalnice.com/mapy/automapy...y_r43_uvod.htm
Yes, Reichsautobahn 88 was planned from Wroclaw to Wien. The Germans and the Czech government signed a treaty for it that would make construction in CZ possible, and I believe construction even started with remnants visible around Brno.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:47 PM   #4343
mappero
Co sie kryje za zakrętem?

Likes (Received): 520

So only 15 min difference on law speed driving. Not much indeed.

Błędy na mapach w nawigacjach GPS i internecie

Been in: A, B, BIH, BR, C, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, F, FL, GB, GE, GBR, H, HR, I, L, LT, MC, MEX, MNE, N, NL, P, PL, RO, RD, RSM, S, SK, SLO, SRB, TR, UA, USA, V
Driven in: A, B, BIH, BR, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, F, FL, GB, GBR, H, HR, I, L, MC, MNE, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, SK, SRB, TR, USA
mappero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:50 PM   #4344
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Or 10 liters diesel for each truck.

That means on a truck count of 8,000 a daily waste of 80,000 liters of diesel. Or 29,200,000 liters per year.

Two statistics, different approaches.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:02 PM   #4345
mappero
Co sie kryje za zakrętem?

Likes (Received): 520

If calculation is correct it is true. But this fuel costs will be paid by private companies no by government.

Błędy na mapach w nawigacjach GPS i internecie

Been in: A, B, BIH, BR, C, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, F, FL, GB, GE, GBR, H, HR, I, L, LT, MC, MEX, MNE, N, NL, P, PL, RO, RD, RSM, S, SK, SLO, SRB, TR, UA, USA, V
Driven in: A, B, BIH, BR, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, F, FL, GB, GBR, H, HR, I, L, MC, MNE, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, SK, SRB, TR, USA
mappero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:07 PM   #4346
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Yes, Reichsautobahn 88 was planned from Wroclaw to Wien. The Germans and the Czech government signed a treaty for it that would make construction in CZ possible, and I believe construction even started with remnants visible around Brno.
Tracing this one on Google maps - **TOTALLY FASCINATING!!!**

I never even knew of this one.

Are they really taking that never-completed autobahn grade and bridgeworks and completing it?

WOW!

I am kind of curious as to why they Czechs had to sign a treaty with the Germans to finish it, unless Germany is still considered to be the unfinished road's owner.

Mike
mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:08 PM   #4347
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A reincarnation is planned in the form of the Austrian S2, A5, Czech R52 and R43, and hopefully a Polish S? to Wroclaw.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:57 PM   #4348
Sasza
Człoooowieku

Likes (Received): 4736

Maybe but not in next 5-10 years. There are so much more important projects. Like S61.
I used to live in Suwalki (there is national road 8, we have no bypass. DK8 in this place will be S61. In future.) now I live 20km north from the city. Heavy traffic is huge here (official statistics are... bit lower than reality.) because it is "the chosen one" road to Lithuania (yeah, there is always DK16 but it is a bit... tight. In fact that is a former voivodship road).
And S61 is not only one road needed for yesterday. So S3, south of Wroclaw must wait.
Sasza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:02 PM   #4349
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Sure, the western European motorway networks weren't built in 15 years either. In fact, 75 years after the first real European motorway, Germany is still building new ones. The Netherlands as well after 73 years of their first motorway.

But I do think a Wrocław - Kłodzko - Svitavy motorway/expressway should be included in long-term plans.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:18 PM   #4350
Sasza
Człoooowieku

Likes (Received): 4736

And western Europe never suffered so much like central and east part of continent (thx Nobility, thx Russian Empire, thx Great War[western front was stable, eastern was always on move destroying everything including our poor infrastructure], thx mr Lenin, thx WW2 and mr Stalin, thx Commies [We've been makeing you bancruted since 1944!] )
Anyway, since we've join EU, we're makeing a big progress.
I'm hope that we'll do our task to Euro 2012 .
Sasza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:27 PM   #4351
Bobek_Azbest
Blah blah blah

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgk920 View Post
I am kind of curious as to why they Czechs had to sign a treaty with the Germans to finish it, unless Germany is still considered to be the unfinished road's owner.
You got it wrong way around. The treaty was signed in 1938 to allow German extra-territorial motorway through CZ (but the act was far from voluntary).
Bobek_Azbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:52 AM   #4352
Czas na Żywiec
Globetrekker

Likes (Received): 1046

This Friday (March 5) they are opening the Laliki tunnel. (678m)

http://www.panoramy-wirtualne.pl/tunel-laliki/

Some great panoramas by forumer marek_kocjan

AR AT BE BG BR CA CH CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR HR HU IE IT LT LU LV NL PL RO RS SE SI SK TR UA UK US UY
Czas na Żywiec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:04 PM   #4353
delfin_pl
Expert

Likes (Received): 56

^ S69 Szare - Laliki

delfin_pl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:16 PM   #4354
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czas na Żywiec View Post
This Friday (March 5) they are opening the Laliki tunnel. (678m)

http://www.panoramy-wirtualne.pl/tunel-laliki/

Some great panoramas by forumer marek_kocjan
Amazing!
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:22 PM   #4355
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 174

So now that the Laliki tunnel is ready for opening when will works start on the Węgierska Górka tunnel (930m) and the Milówka tunnel (1000m) to make the S69 more complete and faster for drivers to use?
The Laliki tunnel looks fantastic
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:34 PM   #4356
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yeah it surprises me works haven't started on those two tunnels yet. Maybe they wanted to get some experience with the Emilia tunnel first.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:57 PM   #4357
Chris80678

Perhaps they will use the cut and cover technique to construct the two other tunnels on S69 given that both will be much longer than the Emilia tunnel?
I bet the tenders for construction of the Milówka and Węgierska Górka tunnels haven't even been prepared yet. The S69 is a priority expressway given the fact it is the most direct link between Poland and the Czech Republic in that part of the country
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:18 PM   #4358
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2537

There's no reason to hurry, construction of adjacent Slovak motorway still haven't started. S 69 doesn't have big sense without it. According to our National Motorway Company it's supposed to start in June 2010, but that's impossible, tender wasn't yet announced. Not to mention that section is hell expensive, it costs 660 million €.

Current road in Slovakia looks like this:

As you can see vehicles above 7.5 t cannot use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
Perhaps they will use the cut and cover technique to construct the two other tunnels on S69 given that both will be much longer than the Emilia tunnel?
I bet the tenders for construction of the Milówka and Węgierska Górka tunnels haven't even been prepared yet. The S69 is a priority expressway given the fact it is the most direct link between Poland and the Czech Republic in that part of the country
S69 is connection of Poland and Czech Republic?
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:19 AM   #4359
Chris80678

Sorry meant to put Slovakia not Czech Republic my mistake
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #4360
Czas na Żywiec
Globetrekker

Likes (Received): 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfin_pl View Post
^ S69 Szare - Laliki
I was confused because on the Polish forum it was mentioned as Szare-Laliki, but wikipedia lists it as Laliki I-Laliki II. So I just went with Laliki (which should have been Emilia) tunnel.

AR AT BE BG BR CA CH CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR HR HU IE IT LT LU LV NL PL RO RS SE SI SK TR UA UK US UY
Czas na Żywiec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road