daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 9th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #4461
TheFlyPL

Likes (Received): 1

My German is very very bad. Google translate goes mad everytime i put itno translation (it works but i can not understand any of those sentences).

So, maybe someone can at least say what is in this article.
TheFlyPL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #4462
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13148

Basicly the article says that a chinese company won the contract for a section of A2 and european construction companies are argiung that it is receiving state support from the chinese government and that thay can not compete with that. For example it is said that the company received a bank guarantee that would be imposiible for eu companis to get. My German is not very good, i hope i got it right.
Capt.Vimes está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #4463
JPM.
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I hope the Germans will not achieve anything with that. This motorway is extremely important for Poland and our government can never let anybody stop the construction. Anybody
JPM. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:47 AM   #4464
AlexisMD

Likes (Received): 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM. View Post
I hope the Germans will not achieve anything with that. This motorway is extremely important for Poland and our government can never let anybody stop the construction. Anybody
i agree with you, let them construct it then they can argue
AlexisMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #4465
zsimi80
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 553

Off topic:

R.I.P. Lech Kaczynski. My condolences. We Hungarians are shocked.
We will be always friends, Polish brothers.

██████████
██████████

zsimi80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #4466
piotr71

Köszönöm szépen Zsimi80
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #4467
earth intruder
Dubaj mnie nie kręci

Likes (Received): 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsimi80 View Post
Off topic:

██████████
██████████
thanks. it means a lot to us.
earth intruder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #4468
Maks33

Likes (Received): 874

[QUOTE=zsimi80;54898565]Off topic:

We are shocked too, because this tragedy happened in our Russian land. I hope that Russian and Polish people will become closer to each other.
Maks33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #4469
crcorp

It's incredible what happened... I was at my parents place and when my father told me he heard it on the news, I thought he was joking. It's too surreal to be true...
But unfortunately it IS true...

I'm sure it scared the hell out of the Russians who saw this terrible accident happen in their country...

My sincere condolances.
crcorp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #4470
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2281

My deepest condolences to Polish nation, but whatever happened, happened, so I think we should stick back to highways now.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #4471
wyborczy
Parampampam

Likes (Received): 237

Your coments are so nice. Thank you. It is a lot for us.
[*]
wyborczy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #4472
bigalowski

Likes (Received): 1

Alpine Bau wants to cancel a section of A1 tender, more in Polish at:

http://gospodarka.gazeta.pl/gospodar...a_odcinek.html
bigalowski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:33 AM   #4473
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Alpine Bau trying every opportnity eh ?

Soon the upgrade of 60 km (national road 8) stretch to expressway standards between Rawa Mazowiecka and Piotrków Trybunalski will start
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:34 AM   #4474
Germanicus
Le boche moche

Likes (Received): 618

By the way, the German Article which was posted here has not much to do with Germany at all. It is the European construction industry which is complaining, that the Chinese Overseas Engineering Company (Covec) gots a contract for a part of the motorway Warsaw-Lodz by undercutting all other offers by more than 40 percent. A spokesman claims, that the offer by the Covec is against the rules of competition in Europe and should not be allowed. He claims in the article that the Chinese Government is subsidizing this project in order to get a foot in the European construction market. Otherwise such a cheap offer would not be possible. The spokesman further argues, that the European construction market could severely disturbed if state backed construction companies are allowed to compete. Furthermore, the Chinese market is practically closed for foreign companies, which would be another argument for not allowing Chinese companies to operate in Europe.

...So no reason to critize ze Germans, even though they are always to blame :-)
Germanicus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:59 AM   #4475
Mateusz

Next time German journalists should look in general at the current situation in Poland and because of the crisis, offers in tenders across Poland are much, much lower, lower than than initial investor's cost calculation stated
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #4476
LMB
Once BMW, always Honda

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
[...] He claims in the article that the Chinese Government is subsidizing this project in order to get a foot in the European construction market. Otherwise such a cheap offer would not be possible.
...So no reason to critize ze Germans, even though they are always to blame :-)
It's "ze Chermans"

Ad rem:
1° these are, as you write, just "claims". I cannot see how "it could not be possible" constitutes an argument.

2° there are many things Germans cannot imagine to make cheaper. This is not a personal comment towards you or your nation, but a general observation I made having been in Germany almost two years. The prime example: health insurance. Instead of cutting the enormous administration costs, we were served another increase in insurance premiums. That's not how things normally get done in business. Germany is resisting this motion [to be more efficient at the cost of quality], but for how long more will they be able to?

3° Knowing China a bit "from the inside" (pardon me, but is "quality control" a word in Mandarin?) I cannot see why anybody would select a Chinese company, BUT if you follow the law, you have to grant the contract to the winning company, otherwise the state could face huge compensation claims.

So what's going to happen now: the Chinese will be learning how to build roads in Poland, there will be faults (ad acta: there were faults when Polish companies built, as well), and there will be repairs. The Chinese will not make any money on it, but they will get into the market.

4° I am personally agains "German bashing", although it's a popular game.
LMB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #4477
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateusz View Post
Next time German journalists should look in general at the current situation in Poland and because of the crisis, offers in tenders across Poland are much, much lower, lower than than initial investor's cost calculation stated
True story, but wasn't the Chinese offer also *much* lower than the other competing companies, which, in their turn, were already significantly lower than the budget?

Anyway, I think this Chinese issue is important to follow during the next projects, unlawful competition should be stopped as much as possible. Let the Chinese conquer Africa for now.

Does anybody know why the works on A2 haven't started yet (Stryków - Konotopa)? If they want to open this motorway in time for Euro 2012, they better start pouring some concrete.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #4478
Andrzej_3598

Likes (Received): 11

A2 construction - first they have to prepare documentation to start construction (April, May - deadline), then they have to get construction permit. Real activities should start August (?).

Winnig proposals were not so lower then these of other competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
True story, but wasn't the Chinese offer also *much* lower than the other competing companies, which, in their turn, were already significantly lower than the budget?

Anyway, I think this Chinese issue is important to follow during the next projects, unlawful competition should be stopped as much as possible. Let the Chinese conquer Africa for now.

Does anybody know why the works on A2 haven't started yet (Stryków - Konotopa)? If they want to open this motorway in time for Euro 2012, they better start pouring some concrete.
Andrzej_3598 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #4479
JPM.
BANNED

But the ecological mafia is not refusing to stop the construction of A2 Łódź - Warszawa. On 23.04 we will know if the whole project will not collapse and their will be a huge disaster for our motorway plans.
JPM. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #4480
Mateusz

So really they have less than 1.5 year...

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road