daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 6th, 2010, 02:31 AM   #4561
Fuzzy Llama
Puszysty samiec lamy.

Likes (Received): 8

Expressway through Rospuda valley was totally mad idea. It required building bridges over kilometres of swamplands and 'NATURA2000' protected areas (<- no funding from EU!) and was considered only because it didn't require painful process of buying the land from several separate farmers. And (and I totally mean 'in addition'), the Valley IS a pristine piece of land and it is worth preserving when a (better!) alternative is available.
Fuzzy Llama no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2010, 03:04 AM   #4562
jwojcie

Likes (Received): 4012

I concur with that, as far as I support road building program, Rospuda valley is beautiful and unique place. Destroing it especially when THERE IS alternative route would be total madness or Mad Max ;-) ...
jwojcie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:38 AM   #4563
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

A6 interchange "Klucz" (English: "Key") with S3

Photos by Jacyk

Old May 6th, 2010, 04:50 AM   #4564
ufonut
Atlantyda

A2 (U/C) Swiecko-Nowy Tomysl

Photos by Carte

More:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...89291&page=161
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #4565
brewerfan386

Likes (Received): 158

Awesome update, nice find
They build freeways so different in Europe then in North America, especially in the 1st pic above with that overpass all by its lonesome with no dirt or any thing around it.
brewerfan386 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #4566
Sasza
Człoooowieku

Likes (Received): 4731

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwojcie View Post

I concur with that, as far as I support road building program, Rospuda valley is beautiful and unique place. Destroing it especially when THERE IS alternative route would be total madness or Mad Max ;-) ...
It's not unique, it's... unnatural. Whole that forest etc etc is made by man!
Believe me if someone wait for bypass for almost 40 years and then some green terrorist from... Silesia, Warsaw tell that we can wait another 10-20 years, that made me (and not only me) really pissed of!
And another funny thing is, that there is now a road with end... in middle of nowhere. Because yes it was building already!
As I see be "green" is even more popular in Poland, than in Western Europe.
And destroying? It was planned well but hell yeah, you would be never able again to swim canoe in Rospuda, with is more destructive for environment. And you still can use Czarna Hańcza and Augustowski Kanał instead.

But for people like you it is so simple. Took away money for this region.
And what's the funniest thing in middle '90, "Warsaw" told "Bypass of Augustow and Suwalki can't be so long! Let's build it through Rospuda Valley!". Because modern plan of bypass through S61 is the oldest one, the first. It could be build a long, long time ago. But it was "too long". Funny huh?

At present our "green heroes" trying to do something even worse. A18 is strategical road, not just for Poland but for Europe too. But people like you give for them power. Today they stop rebuilding Autostrada, tomorrow...?
Sasza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #4567
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 167

Does anybody know when the A6 upgrade/modernisation between the interchange with national road 10 and the interchange with Tczewska and national road 142 will be completed? The crossroads at Tczewska is far too dangerous as it is and the current S3 between Szczecin (interchange Kijewo) and Rzęśnica (142) needs signing as A6 soon It will only be another 8km (5 miles) of motorway for Poland but it is urgently needed to make the road safer. I would like to see the A6 extended as far north as Goleniów.
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #4568
MAG
Keep it simple

Rospuda Valley and the planned renovation of the A18 is like comparing apples and oranges. Any discussion on this topic is likely to polarise us, just like it did on the Polish subforum. So I choose to stay out of this discussion, save to say that I am all for building responsibly and 'green' but with my pragmatic hat firmly on.

Changing the topic slightly - the above pictures of the A2, S3 an S11 are like poetry to me and incredibly uplifting.
And I just hope that someone remembers to remove that 'STOP' sign on the S3 eastbound slip road at 3:54.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
Does anybody know when the A6 upgrade/modernisation between the interchange with national road 10 and the interchange with Tczewska and national road 142 will be completed? ...
Look here, guv - click.

Drogowskaz Classic

MAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #4569
jwojcie

Likes (Received): 4012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasza View Post
It's not unique, it's... unnatural. Whole that forest etc etc is made by man!
Believe me if someone wait for bypass for almost 40 years and then some green terrorist from... Silesia, Warsaw tell that we can wait another 10-20 years, that made me (and not only me) really pissed of!
And another funny thing is, that there is now a road with end... in middle of nowhere. Because yes it was building already!
As I see be "green" is even more popular in Poland, than in Western Europe.
And destroying? It was planned well but hell yeah, you would be never able again to swim canoe in Rospuda, with is more destructive for environment. And you still can use Czarna Hańcza and Augustowski Kanał instead.

And what's the funniest thing in middle '90, "Warsaw" told "Bypass of Augustow and Suwalki can't be so long! Let's build it through Rospuda Valley!". Because modern plan of bypass through S61 is the oldest one, the first. It could be build a long, long time ago. But it was "too long". Funny huh?

At present our "green heroes" trying to do something even worse. A18 is strategical road, not just for Poland but for Europe too. But people like you give for them power. Today they stop rebuilding Autostrada, tomorrow...?
I'm far from being "green hero". I also understand what does it mean to have national road going right through the center of hometown. I was living for almost twenty years near that kind of road, my family still lives there. I agree, it is a nightmare sometimes. In a way you are lucky, because in my hometown there will not be any bypass in foreseeable future, you at least can have some hopes... Nevertheless, my opinion is that Rospuda valley either by man doings or by nature itself is great natural phenomena, and I'm in favour to preserve it if THERE IS another option. And as far as I know it is... If because of that opinion you choose to call me "green hero" or any other silly adjective, it is your choice, but first those kind of hiperbolic speaking gets you far away from truth, secondly it don't give more strenght to your own opinions to wich you are entitled to, thirdly any further conversation with you seems futile, which is good because it is indeed probably not a good forum for that.
EOT
jwojcie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #4570
Sasza
Człoooowieku

Likes (Received): 4731

Quote:
That is the point of my speech. Yeah saving places like Rospuda is good but once more someone wanted money. We allowed for green too much and now we're suffering because of this.
Sasza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #4571
Jakub Warszauer

Likes (Received): 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasza View Post
That is the point of my speech. Yeah saving places like Rospuda is good but once more someone wanted money. We allowed for green too much and now we're suffering because of this.
Saving Rospuda meant also saving money...
Jakub Warszauer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #4572
bebe.2006
Ekspert

Likes (Received): 458

Start of building on [A4] Szarów - Tarnów.
Photos by KronosKBC:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...992981&page=27
bebe.2006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:37 PM   #4573
michal_OMB
look here -->

Likes (Received): 32

[S3] Szczecin - Gorzów WLKP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacYk View Post
Zawsze chodzi o wybór, którą drogę wybrać do remontu w przypadku "mikroskopijnego" budżetu. W przypadku odcinka DW122, mającego służyć "tylko" mieszkańcom Pyrzyc i okolic, mogło to nie wystarczyć jako argument do podjęcia decyzji o remoncie właśnie tego fragmentu? Pewnie "wygrała", inna w dużo gorszym stanie droga. Oczywiście, są to tylko moje dywagacje, bo konkretnej wiedzy na te temat nie posiadam.

CD przejażdżki po odc.I.

Widok tuż po minięciu WE-12, dalej w tle WD-11.

Zbliżamy się do WD-11.

WD-11 z bliska.

Widok po minięciu WD-11.

Specjalnie nie komentuję tego zdjęcia. Zobaczymy co wam przyjdzie do głowy?

cdn...

Quote:
CD.

Daleko na horyzoncie, pojawia się WD-10.

Kawałek dalej w km 11+785.00 jest PZ-10a, ale trudno się zorientować, że się nad nim przejeżdża (nie ma barier, jedynie zielone „naprowadzacze” zwierzyny u podnóża nasypu, sugerują jego istnienie).

cdn...

Quote:
CD.

Mijamy PZ-10a, pod S3. Przed nami WD-10.

Bliżej WD-10.

"Rzut oka" na wzmocnienie skarpy tłuczniem.

WD-10 z bliska.

Prawdziwa dbałość, nawet o najmniejsze szczegóły.

cdn...

Quote:
...i wszystko jasne.

CD.

Widok po minięciu WD-10.

Zbliżamy się do WD-9 i węzła "Gryfino" w Gardnie.
Lubię to zestawienie słów. Tak wiem, że wiele osób na tym forum jest wyznawcą stosowania nazw węzłów np. .najbliższej "większej" miejscowości. Ja jestem w tym konkretnym przypadku za inną koncepcją i w słuszności takiego myślenia, utwierdzili mnie moi znajomi. Prosty przykład, ostatnio zabrałem na przejażdżkę tym odcinkiem S3, dwóch moi kolegów (notabene długoletni kierowcy), którzy na widok tablicy węzeł "Gryfino", krzyknęli jednym chórem - "Ooo, to jesteśmy w Gryfinie", a ja im na to, że owszem tu można zjechać do Gryfina, ale żeby tam dojechać, trzeba jeszcze pokonać ok.9km drogą wojewódzką. Byli mocno zdziwieni, dlaczego w taki razie ten węzeł nie nazywa się "Gardno". Podobne uwagi mieli jak opowiedziałem im o węźle "Pyrzyce" w Parnicy (do Pyrzyc ok.10km) i węźle "Myślibórz" w Renicach (do Myśliborza ok.7km).

Pierwsze latarnie węzła "Gryfino", a w tle WD-9.

WD-9 z bliska, a w tle widać już WD-8 (główny obiekt węzła "Gryfino").

cdn...
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #4574
ABRob

Likes (Received): 1

And what is still under construction on S3? Are there pictures of it?
ABRob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #4575
ufonut
Atlantyda

S69 Bielsko Biala - Zywiec

More here:
http://www.kocjan.pl/thumbnails-68.html
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #4576
ja_kubek2
User

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABRob View Post
And what is still under construction on S3? Are there pictures of it?
i found just a few photos
Quote:

Last edited by ja_kubek2; May 9th, 2010 at 01:27 PM.
ja_kubek2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #4577
bebe.2006
Ekspert

Likes (Received): 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABRob View Post
And what is still under construction on S3? ...
The works on circa 1000 meter long moor section were stopped because of environmental issues. Then a new longer viaduct was designed. So, it will be finished in September.

And then the last section near Gorzow (27 km long) is still unter consruction:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...96160&page=271

Should be done later this year.

Last edited by bebe.2006; May 10th, 2010 at 12:35 AM.
bebe.2006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #4578
Czas na Żywiec
Globetrekker

Likes (Received): 1046

A4 is getting closer and closer to completion.

Quote:
Today, in the Rzeszów branch of GDDKiA, a contract for the construction of more than 32-kilometer section of the A4 motorway from W. Dębica Pustynia to W. Rzeszów Zachód was signed. Contractor for this investment will be Budimex SA The contract value is over 1.73 billion PLN. The project is intended to be co-financed from EU funds from the Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment and from the budget. End of work is planned for June 2012.

Signing of the contract for the construction of the A4 motorway was accompanied by the signing of an agreement with Poland on the ECM Group project management POIiŚ Tarnow, Rzeszow, and supervise the execution of the works in this section. The contract value is more than 15 million zł.

Construction on the section of A4 motorway W. Dębica Pustynia to W. Rzeszów Zachód will include:
-Construction of the motorway A-4 with a length of about 32.75 km,
-Construction of collision-free motorway junction "Ropczyce" type "trumpet" charging station with SOPs;
- Construction of access roads and collecting and converting existing cross roads (provincial, district and municipal access), which cross the proposed highway A-4 to adjust the technical parameters of these roads to Class Z, L, D;
-Engineering-construction of facilities such as a motorway bridge, five highway bridges (with complex passages for animals), 12 highway viaducts, 12 overpasses road, 8 road bridges, crossing three mountain big animal, two to go under the highway for a medium-sized animals
- Construction of road culverts in the highway and cross over the road rebuilt (59 reinforced concrete framework, 30 arc-circular pipe, 490 pipe ring)
- Construction of equipment for environmental protection such as noise barriers, green insulation, highway fences, passage for animals, equipment cleaning wastewater runoff from the roads, reservoirs associated with the drainage system;
- Construction of road safety equipment such as barriers to energy-intensive, horizontal and vertical marking, emergency entrances, emergency travel;
- Construction of two service areas ILO Bratkowice type I and Dabrye - implementation of the target;
- Construction of two service areas ILO s North and South Paszczyna type III and II provided for the development of the second stage.
- Construction site toll PPO;
- Construction and reconstruction of infrastructure, technical facilities:
- Highway construction fencing, including gates, security pass over watercourses.
http://gddkia.gov.pl/article/oddzial...8994abbbeb5a6b

AR AT BE BG BR CA CH CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR HR HU IE IT LT LU LV NL PL RO RS SE SI SK TR UA UK US UY

Last edited by Czas na Żywiec; May 10th, 2010 at 03:05 PM.
Czas na Żywiec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #4579
michal_OMB
look here -->

[S5] Bypass Poznań

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carte View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Old May 10th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #4580
michal_OMB
look here -->

[S11] Bypass Poznań

Quote:
Szybko nam poszło Podziękowania dla Wieży EPPO

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kilka zdjęć więcej w mojej galerii: http://picasaweb.google.pl/Carte.dro...dnicaPoznania#

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road