daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 27th, 2010, 10:21 AM   #4661
LMB
Once BMW, always Honda

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetz View Post
S-roads in Poland will be tolled for cars too? That's some terrible news to me!
But such good news for our budget!
LMB no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #4662
Piekarz
HD Rider

Likes (Received): 881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barciur View Post
Can somebody summarize the status of Lublin Bypass and S17 at Lublin-Warsaw section? When can we expect it, what's going on now etc? THank you
Building of Lublin bypass (about 68 km) should start maybe September -October 2010 - they are choosing the contractor now.
The rest of S17 to Warsaw, who knows? The GDDKiA claims they start building in 2013. Now they are waiting for DŚU (October 2010).
Piekarz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #4663
mappero
Co sie kryje za zakrętem?

Likes (Received): 520

Nice! New roads are building so fast
On maps like from Navteq you can already find new parts of S3. Have been already open only part between Szczecin and Pyrzyce though?

http://map24.interia.pl/

Błędy na mapach w nawigacjach GPS i internecie

Been in: A, B, BIH, BR, C, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, F, FL, GB, GE, GBR, H, HR, I, L, LT, MC, MEX, MNE, N, NL, P, PL, RO, RD, RSM, S, SK, SLO, SRB, TR, UA, USA, V
Driven in: A, B, BIH, BR, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, F, FL, GB, GBR, H, HR, I, L, MC, MNE, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, SK, SRB, TR, USA

Last edited by mappero; May 27th, 2010 at 12:16 PM.
mappero está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #4664
amst

Likes (Received): 967

I don't understand why such roads like S3 are not classified as motorway. It looks exactly like a motorway from Romania and way better than any expressway in other countries. I've driven on R1 in Slovakia and it's no way near what i can see in those videos.
Anyway, congrats on having a record of the most beautiful roads in Europe. I can see why. Your grass is greener!
amst no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #4665
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetz View Post
S-roads in Poland will be tolled for cars too? That's some terrible news to me!
It was a bit naive from start to believe in that the expressways will be tol free... especially when they will constitute a real network so personally it's not a suprise to me and my attitude is... if toll then only motorway should be constructed
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #4666
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

Quote:
Originally Posted by amst View Post
I don't understand why such roads like S3 are not classified as motorway. It looks exactly like a motorway from Romania and way better than any expressway in other countries. I've driven on R1 in Slovakia and it's no way near what i can see in those videos.
Anyway, congrats on having a record of the most beautiful roads in Europe. I can see why. Your grass is greener!
Motorway = you pay $$$$$
Expressway = you pay NOTHING

So:

1. Thank God our motorway standard is high so anything built according to expressway specs will actually be safe and a pleasure to drive on

2. The longer the are free the better. Imagine paying for a tolled highway stretching from west to east all the way through Poland - cost around 160 zl perhaps. That's an extra full tank of gas.
Old May 27th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #4667
Elvenking

Likes (Received): 2568

Motorways are also more expensive: wider lanes = more asphalt, special infrastructure like emergency telephone booths, MOPs - parkings to have some rest in a trip etc.
Elvenking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #4668
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

They can have it.

Expressways have rest areas and fuel stations too. Most people nowadays use cell phones anyway. For 50cm extra width (2*25cm) and some lesser gradient you want to pay through the teeth ? Not me.
Old May 28th, 2010, 12:10 AM   #4669
OLDTIMER

Likes (Received): 480

What is the current situation on A18 (DK18?). Are all 4 lanes in use, or just 2 ?
Next month I am driving from Berlin airport to Wroclaw and any information will be helpful.
Thank You.
OLDTIMER no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #4670
Elvenking

Likes (Received): 2568

omg, you're going to drive southern lane then. Good luck. From what I know nothing has changed on that direction since 3rd Reich built it. Opposite direction (northern lane) is rebuilt and has nice quality.

It's smething like that:

vs.

It's really shame, just after German border autobahn ends and horror begins. It'll be rebuilt, works were to start this year, but now certainly it's one of worst roads.

I'd recommend you go further to the South and enter A4 directly
Elvenking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #4671
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

That's right, it's still like in the thirties. It's 2×2 all the way though.
Old May 28th, 2010, 04:32 AM   #4672
OLDTIMER

Likes (Received): 480

Thank You for the info. As long as all lanes are open I'll risk it. It's only 70 km and the car is rented.
OLDTIMER no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #4673
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

My experience on that road is that when you drive 80, you feel every separate slab, but when you drive 110, you "glide" over them. It just ruins your cars suspension
Old May 28th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #4674
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

So when is the south bound lane of the A18 going to be rebuilt?
One lane in either direction use isn't good enough! They can't leave it the way it is just because Poland now has two good quality motorway connections across the German/Polish border (A6 & A4) and it certainly needs to be reconstructed at the start of next year to complement the currently under construction A2. The greenies have caused enough problems already with their ridiculous demands for an excessive number of animal overpasses. Surely it's got to be a priority along with the other motorways! Drivers are not going to drive further south from Germany just to get onto the better quality A4 at Zgorzelec?
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #4675
Chris80678

So when is the south bound lane of the A18 going to be rebuilt?
They can't leave it the way it is just because Poland now has two good quality motorway connections across the German/Polish border (A6 & A4) and it certainly needs to be reconstructed at the start of next year to complement the currently under construction A2. The greenies have caused enough problems already with their ridiculous demands for an excessive number of animal overpasses. Surely it's got to be a priority along with the other motorways! Drivers are not going to drive further south from Germany just to get onto the better quality A4 at Zgorzelec
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #4676
mr.cool

Likes (Received): 824

Hey folks, just wondering what the situation is currently in Poland over the latest floods? Have all the warnings stopped now for further potential flood risks or are they still on alert? Have they started the clean up in Southern Poland and how long do you think it will stall the latest construction roads down there for?
Thanks.
mr.cool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #4677
michal_OMB
look here -->

Likes (Received): 32

North Bridge in Warsaw - U/C

http://mostpolnocny.warszawa.pl/a-wiadukty-rosna/

Old May 30th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #4678
Chris80678

Slow but steady construction on the North Bridge in Warsaw. It will really help to ease congestion in northern and central Warsaw when it opens next year. Lets hope the flooding doesn't slow down the construction any further. I do think that Warsaw will need more bridges built over the Wisła river though especially in the southern part of the city.
Old May 30th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #4679
michal_OMB
look here -->

Drogowa Trasa Średnicowa (GOP/SILESIA/ZABRZE) - U/C

photos by gpj70

Old May 30th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #4680
michal_OMB
look here -->

[A8] Bypass Wrocław - U/C

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road