daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 18th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #4721
mappero
Co sie kryje za zakrętem?

Likes (Received): 515

Like on this picture below:
not finished road

Błędy na mapach w nawigacjach GPS i internecie

Been in: A, B, BIH, BR, C, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, F, FL, GB, GE, GBR, H, HR, I, L, LT, MC, MEX, MNE, N, NL, P, PL, RO, RD, RSM, S, SK, SLO, SRB, TR, UA, USA, V
Driven in: A, B, BIH, BR, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, F, FL, GB, GBR, H, HR, I, L, MC, MNE, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, SK, SRB, TR, USA
mappero no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #4722
Rusonaldo
Autostrady Polska

Likes (Received): 12627

A2

Last edited by Rusonaldo; June 18th, 2010 at 07:50 PM.
Rusonaldo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #4723
fetg_

Likes (Received): 17

Is there any plans for extending S19 through Hrodna and up to Vilnius?
Also, any plans for S6 from Gdansk to Vilnius?
fetg_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #4724
delfin_pl
Expert

Likes (Received): 56

not in near future, maybe after 2015
delfin_pl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #4725
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

Nobody would want to pass those intensive border controls with Belarus while there is an all-Schengen alternate route nearby. I don't see Belarus joining Schengen anytime soon, so I think it would be best to focus on PL - LT routes rather than via BY.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #4726
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetg_ View Post
Is there any plans for extending S19 through Hrodna and up to Vilnius?
Also, any plans for S6 from Gdansk to Vilnius?
Grodno is not anymore in Poland
lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #4727
fetg_

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nobody would want to pass those intensive border controls with Belarus while there is an all-Schengen alternate route nearby. I don't see Belarus joining Schengen anytime soon, so I think it would be best to focus on PL - LT routes rather than via BY.
S19 goes to the Belarussian border and stops there. There is about 350.000 people living in Hrodna. Even if it wouldn't be an effective route for traffic between PL and LT it would still carry some traffic from Hrodna to either PL or LT.
fetg_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 07:17 AM   #4728
Sylver
Szef

Likes (Received): 1

Will Via Baltica be built? Any news about it?
Old June 19th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #4729
Sasza
Człoooowieku

Likes (Received): 4735

Yeah it will be. But when? It's at now called S61. It's got few DŚU for few bypasses and there is one tender for part of Augustow's bypass but it's all at now. When it will be build? "After 2012". So... we'll wait for Via Baltica a long, long time.
Sasza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #4730
czerwony_bo_szybszy

Likes (Received): 2

DŚU is "decision about the influence on natural environement", it means we know where the route will pass and that Ministry of Environement said it`s ok
czerwony_bo_szybszy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #4731
Nafianna

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonut View Post
A4+some DK roads. Photos by kilimand123

-PICS-
Great section of road. great work being done in Poland. This is a very complex junction to build. looks like most of polands forests are being knocked to make for these motorway's.

keep up the photo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal_OMB View Post
S69 - Bielsko-Biała - U/C

-PICS-
Another great project by hermann kirchner.
this is in such a confined space and so many piers and abutments in close succession. a few push launch bridges aswell, amazing!

progress looks slow but you can see its taking shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal_OMB View Post
North Bridge in Warsaw - U/C

http://mostpolnocny.warszawa.pl/a-wiadukty-rosna/

-PICS-
What a great job. excellent bridges and concrete works. that push lauch bridge over the river ! beautifuul splayed piers.

WAS THERE A BIG FLOOD IN POLAND AS IT LOOKS LIKE ONE OF THE BOX GIRDERS WAS IN THE WATER ON THE RIVER BANK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_siberia View Post
A1 in Gliwice, U/C:
WOW, amazing pictures. Alot of damage and cranes submerged. You must have got very bad rains over there.

i see also the south of france got flooded too near nice.

Alot of poland is so low lying, this problem will allways come. lets hope all the new motorways are designed to allow for these flood events or you guys are in for some trouble down the line.

Hopefully these jobs wont be held up too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonut View Post
A1 Pyrzowice-Gorzyczki
I see they are installing water catchment tanks aswell on that interchange. another amazing motorway job in poland. plenty of bridges being built and also
alot of earthworks needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwojcie View Post
I'm far from being "green hero". I also understand what does it mean to have national road going right through the center of hometown. I was living for almost twenty years near that kind of road, my family still lives there. I agree, it is a nightmare sometimes. In a way you are lucky, because in my hometown there will not be any bypass in foreseeable future, you at least can have some hopes... Nevertheless, my opinion is that Rospuda valley either by man doings or by nature itself is great natural phenomena, and I'm in favour to preserve it if THERE IS another option. And as far as I know it is... If because of that opinion you choose to call me "green hero" or any other silly adjective, it is your choice, but first those kind of hiperbolic speaking gets you far away from truth, secondly it don't give more strenght to your own opinions to wich you are entitled to, thirdly any further conversation with you seems futile, which is good because it is indeed probably not a good forum for that.
EOT

i kind of agree where you are coming from. Just look at the hidtory of motorway construction, there is allways controversy.

In Ireland we ruined alot of areas because of short sightedness and not listening to public.

1. carrickmines castle on m50 motorway around Dublin. They knew there was something there as regards Castle ruins but went ahead and had massive hold ups while construction was being carried out.

2. Tara skryne vally on m3 motorway ( Clonee to Kells ) consultants said move motorway from this area, Authority went there own way.

3. Kildare bypass was built through a "Fenn" recognised by EU as aregistered habitat and the whole waterway was drained and the road runs through that area in a "waterproofed" cut to avoid it flooding.

In Polands quest for progress, Just remember you can wipe out alot of beautiful areas too, when moving a motorway design away can save alot of hassle and delays at construction stage.

Your motorways are great though. some great expertise being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Dunno why, but I can't see the photos... Is it just me?

what a bridge in wroclaw. those temorary piers in the river are just as difficult to construct as the bridge itself.

the finished segmentally balanced cantilever bridge is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub Warszauer View Post
Construction of S7 section Występa - Skarżysko Kamienna (between Kielce and Skarżysko Kamienna)

great photo's. I see there is alot of earthmoving. have you any photos of the
machinery.

I have noticed its quite unusual to have big earthworks in Poland due to flat nature of the land.

who is the main contractor on the project?

Keep up the photos

Last edited by PLH; June 20th, 2010 at 10:06 PM.
Nafianna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 09:51 PM   #4732
mdhookey

Likes (Received): 35

Here's an interesting report courtesy of TVN Warsaw regarding the construction of A2:
http://www.tvnwarszawa.pl/-1,1661518...wiadomosc.html

My Polish is extremely elementary, so Google Translate is always helpful to have. There's an interesting video included too showing some of the efforts, all of it in Polish, but you can guess the jist of it from the visuals.

I've never really considered it before, but in making many of these new roads, you have to take into consideration a lot of unexploded ordinance from the Second World War. These would naturally have to be cleared out of the way before laying down new routes. In making Poland's future, one can't ignore the debris of the past.
mdhookey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #4733
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhookey View Post
There's an interesting video included too showing some of the efforts, all of it in Polish, but you can guess the jist of it from the visuals.
There is a rather sad story about those pylons you can see at the end of the video. Those were built in the seventies, they were supposed to be a part of a highway that has never been built, over a high-speed railway that has never been built either. Thirty years later we are finally going to get the highway, but a fast railway connecting north with south is not even planned as of today...
Old June 21st, 2010, 03:17 PM   #4734
mdhookey

Likes (Received): 35

From Gazeta.pl Łódź:

Construction has officially started on the "Węzeł Stryków." This will be the main intersection between A1 and A2 outside of Stryków.

Here's the scene:

As mentioned by Blaskovitz last month, it should be ready by 2012, if all goes to plan.

Source: http://lodz.gazeta.pl/lodz/51,35136,8039496.html?i=0
mdhookey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 04:41 PM   #4735
Des
Traveller

Likes (Received): 806

Like last year I will be driving from Berlin to Poznan next month. Is the A2 motorway finished a bit more than last year or is it still under construction from the German border until Bolewicko?
Old June 21st, 2010, 04:56 PM   #4736
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

It's still the same. I don't think we'll see a completion of A2 in western Poland earlier than late 2011.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 05:55 PM   #4737
toonczyk
autostradożerca

The whole stretch of A2 between border and Nowy Tomyśl (where the existing part of A2 ends) will be opened for traffic in December 2011.
Old June 21st, 2010, 07:08 PM   #4738
MAG
Keep it simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des View Post
Like last year I will be driving from Berlin to Poznan next month. Is the A2 motorway finished a bit more than last year or is it still under construction from the German border until Bolewicko?
Unfortunately, the said part of the A2 will not be ready by next month .

Also, because of the construction work, you can expect severe disruption to your journey in several places where the A2 and DK2 cut through or run alongside each other. If you intend to go to Poznań, I would allow up to 2 hours lost in frustrating queues, bypasses and single-file traffic.

This year it is best to avoid DK2 at least as far as Trzciel.
A very smart move would be to fly.

Drogowskaz Classic

MAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 07:26 PM   #4739
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

How long time is it takes before the A4 are going to the border to Ukraine?
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 07:54 PM   #4740
Jakub Warszauer

Likes (Received): 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
How long time is it takes before the A4 are going to the border to Ukraine?
If everything works fine, May/June 2012 - just before football games.
Jakub Warszauer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road