daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 27th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #4761
Sasza
Człoooowieku

Likes (Received): 4731

GDDiK'a tells that it will be "drivable" whatever it means So it is still possible to be "drivable".
Sasza no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #4762
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What's the latest on A2 Stryków - Konotopa? Is it already under construction at the full length? I saw some pics of a viaduct U/C on the Polish sub forum, but I don't know if that means A2 is entirely under construction now.

If they haven't started construction yet, I don't see how they can open this one before Euro 2012. There is less than 2 years remaining. Even half-profile seems tough.
They are due to start fall summer. The viaduct you saw is part of some bypass intersecting with A2, no other construction has started.
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #4763
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

Photo by Jacyk - wrong voivodeship sign on S3. Instead of "Lubuskie" they put "Lubelskie". Lubelskie is in the east of Poland while Lubuskie in the west

Old June 27th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #4764
Jakub Warszauer

Likes (Received): 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What's the latest on A2 Stryków - Konotopa? Is it already under construction at the full length? I saw some pics of a viaduct U/C on the Polish sub forum, but I don't know if that means A2 is entirely under construction now.

If they haven't started construction yet, I don't see how they can open this one before Euro 2012. There is less than 2 years remaining. Even half-profile seems tough.
No. There are no construction permissions yet.

Pictures you've seen are from construction site of Żyrardów bypass (DK50), which runs through A2 corridor.
Jakub Warszauer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 02:49 AM   #4765
mr.cool

Likes (Received): 824

Hi guys, next month i'll be travelling through Poland by car from west (Germany) to the eastern side of Poland in Chelm, near Lublin. Could you please advise me which is the best route to take considering all these construction roads being built and whether or not i can take advantage of any newer faster roads that have just opened, preferably the quickest and smoothest route would be the best. You can write the directions on here Thanks!
mr.cool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:29 AM   #4766
LMB
Once BMW, always Honda

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cool View Post
Hi guys, next month i'll be travelling through Poland by car from west (Germany) to the eastern side of Poland in Chelm, near Lublin. Could you please advise me which is the best route to take considering all these construction roads being built and whether or not i can take advantage of any newer faster roads that have just opened, preferably the quickest and smoothest route would be the best. You can write the directions on here Thanks!
Where in Germany?
LMB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #4767
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonut View Post
Photo by Jacyk - wrong voivodeship sign on S3. Instead of "Lubuskie" they put "Lubelskie". Lubelskie is in the east of Poland while Lubuskie in the west
We can't see the pic because is also wrong?

They could sign (When finished) the Warsaw midday southern bypass as A2 instead of S2. I wouldn't see an A2 splitted in two by an S2...
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Last edited by CNGL; July 5th, 2010 at 09:43 PM.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #4768
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 167

So when will the Zyrardów (DK50) and Ostrów Wlkp (S11) bypasses be fully completed?
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #4769
Jakub Warszauer

Likes (Received): 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
So when will the Zyrardów (DK50) and Ostrów Wlkp (S11) bypasses be fully completed?
For Żyrardów - September '11.
Jakub Warszauer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #4770
mr.cool

Probably from Berlin.
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:48 PM   #4771
SIMSI

Likes (Received): 1426

Quote:
Probably from Berlin.
My suggestion: first by (DK2) to Poznań (A2) to Stryków, then by Tomaszów Mazowiecki and Radom (DK 12) to Lublin. In my opinion the fastest way. I did it by myself 2 years ago.
SIMSI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:32 PM   #4772
mr.cool

Hmmm ok thanks
cos we used to go that way up to Strykow, then straight to warsaw through the s17 to lublin but it always took 1-2 hours through Warsaw. Any major new roads are opened towards warsaw from the east? And is the s17 from warsaw to lublin being re-built?
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #4773
wojtop

Likes (Received): 2164

SIMSI's suggestion is the best possible.

Do not get near Warsaw for next two years if you can. There's a lot of road works under way near/in the city at the moment so traffic jams are mind boggling. A P&R is u/c near one of the entry roads from the west and the main crossroad is being rebuild/improved on the other one so both have reduced capacity. Everything should be fixed by 2012 and a third entrance is u/c but now it's better to find some other way - DK 12 in your case.
wojtop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:02 AM   #4774
E2rdEm
prostownik

Likes (Received): 1201

Entering Warsaw will not be wise even after 2012. Or even after they finish S2 - I think it will be jammed sometimes too.

There is a road for bypassing Warsaw - DK50. It's being rebuilt do 1x2 GP standard - with quite some interchanges, although some intersections are left as roundabouts. It's packed with trucks, but I still think it's better to go steady 80 km/h on some truck's tail, than to be stopped with Warsaw's jams...

Latest photos from the Mszczonów bypass on DK50:

Example of short 2x1 stretch at the interchange:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareqm View Post
Widok z węzła Tarczyńska.
W kierunku Grójca

Regular 1x2:
Quote:
Widok z wiaduktu w kierunku DK 8

Widok na wiadukt

Są już nawet znaki poziome

Approaching roundabout:
Quote:
I kończymy relację jak zwykle przy rondzie

But to go to Lublin - DK12 is the best anyway.
E2rdEm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #4775
mdhookey

Likes (Received): 35

Hey E2rdEm

Those pictures you posted from mareqm got me thinking. There's quite a few maps here on these Polish forum sections regarding construction, environmental reviews, tender agreements and completion for A and S routes....but is there a map showing non-motorway/expressway DK national road construction or reconstructions out there? Although they're not motorways or expressways per say, they're still pretty vital to Poland's infrastructure.

Just wondering if something is out there...
mdhookey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #4776
LMB
Once BMW, always Honda

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Probably from Berlin.
The I would suggest Cottbus, Wrocław, then DK8+DK12 straight eastwards.
Google maps:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...753418&t=h&z=6

I don't know DK8, but DK2 is disrupted by the Autobahn construction, so forget it. Plus the traffic is so high that you simply could not imagine. Rows of truck that prohibit taking over for kilometers. I managed to take over once on the ca 100km section.

Another trick is this: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...469177&t=h&z=9

You would take Karl Marx Alee, then B1, then DK22, DK24, then you would join the DK2 when most of the traffic is already gone onto the highway. Disadvantage:you have to drive through a city. The DK22 and DK24 are pretty usually empty, though, and so is B1 up to Berliner Ring.

Last edited by LMB; June 30th, 2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: typos
LMB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:28 PM   #4777
E2rdEm
prostownik

Likes (Received): 1201

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhookey View Post
but is there a map showing non-motorway/expressway DK national road construction or reconstructions out there?
Sure there is, you can always count on polish forumers:

current version here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...7#post58846487

Always get the latest version by clicking at @IgorSel's signature.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:21 AM   #4778
mr.cool

Thanks wojtop, E2rdEm and LMB for your suggestions and your advice! maybe in 5 years time i can cut my journey time from swiecko to chelm by half with all these brand new motorways being built! Poland is very much changing for the better as to what i saw it was 10 years ago. Is the wage problem still the same though? Everything else is going up in price except the minimum wage, i know this is slightly off topic, just wondered if its going to change!
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:07 AM   #4779
fetg_

Likes (Received): 17

E2rdEm, Warsaw is Europes second most congested city after Brussel. And polish car ownership is going up also.

Heavy congestion will still be there dispite the efforts(ringroad etc) that takes place right now.
fetg_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:28 AM   #4780
mdhookey

Likes (Received): 35

Thanks E2rdEm. That's a fantastic map!

By the way, after browsing the Polish forums, I have to say that work on the new portions of S3 are looking great.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...96160&page=318
mdhookey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road