daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 31st, 2010, 10:55 AM   #4961
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2267

Post #1134 http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...441854&page=57
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2010, 12:33 PM   #4962
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

Newest

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Silesia Superior
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:25 PM   #4963
kamilbuk

I'm glad that more and more parts of polish highways & motorways are visible on this map. It means that the entire process of building including bureaucracy is in progress.
Old September 1st, 2010, 12:31 AM   #4964
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

When should be the A1 nearby Katowice finished? I mean the part under construction (marked red). It would fit very nice connection from Ostrava towards the Katowice airport (around one hour).

It is a shame that the Ostrava's (Mošnov) airport policy went and still goes against the low costs airliners.

Let me pour some words as I got blown with map of this region.

Overall as I look at the map I see quite densely connected Silesian region (jointly the Czech and Polish part). Let me see... Poland: A4, A1, S1, S86, DK1, DK81 and Czech: D1, R48, R56, I11, I59,

I know that DK1 and DK81 are both 2x2 higways, are they going to be both upgraded to S or this awaits only DK1?

I see that there arises great potential in this region. Bit more integration and the fruit will get ripe, which would be only logical given the history of this region. To give an idea to not Polish, non Czech readers, here is the map of the reagion: map In a circle of around 50 km radius are to be found cities: Ostrava, Katowice, Gliwice, Rybnik, Sosnoviec, Bielsko-Biala. Only these biggest cities themselves count roughly up to 1 200 000 inhabitants. The whole area counts up to around 5,3 million (wiki) and makes thus one big metropolitan area.

Since this is the higway forum, here's mine point. I would guess that the substiancially improved connection of the region, plus together with the new cross border motorway connection (however there is still lack of more dense lower standard connection, perhaps in planning too???) could hugelly mobilize the potential of this conurbation. The historical developement of this region is much the same the history of Rurh area in Germany. It specialty is that it is a cross border region, the core situated in Poland.

I expect rather fast develepoment of this region, which is finally also connected to the European motorway network, it has two airports on opposite sides nearby sister cities of Katowice and Ostrava. The finishing of D1 A1 connection and R48 S1 line, together with futher scattered interconections should be of highest priority here...
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 01:23 AM   #4965
Blaskovitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post

I know that DK1 and DK81 are both 2x2 higways, are they going to be both upgraded to S or this awaits only DK1?
No they will be only DK roads. But probably in 2016-2018(I know that's sucks) S1 will be complete from Lędziny to Bielsko-Biała via Bieruń, Brzeszcze etc. and S52 from Bielsko-Biała to Kraków(via Kęty, Andrychów, Wadowice, Kalwaria Zebrzydowska). So this will be very huge region.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Silesia Superior
Old September 1st, 2010, 03:49 AM   #4966
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

Quote:
When should be the A1 nearby Katowice finished? I mean the part under construction (marked red). It would fit very nice connection from Ostrava towards the Katowice airport (around one hour).

It is a shame that the Ostrava's (Mošnov) airport policy went and still goes against the low costs airliners.

Overall as I look at the map I see quite densely connected Silesian region (jointly the Czech and Polish part). Let me see... Poland: A4, A1, S1, S86, DK1, DK81 and Czech: D1, R48, R56, I11, I59,

I see that there arises great potential in this region. Bit more integration and the fruit will get ripe, which would be only logical given the history of this region. To give an idea to not Polish, non Czech readers, here is the map of the reagion: map In a circle of around 50 km radius are to be found cities: Ostrava, Katowice, Gliwice, Rybnik, Sosnoviec, Bielsko-Biala. Only these biggest cities themselves count roughly up to 1 200 000 inhabitants. The whole area counts up to around 5,3 million (wiki) and makes thus one big metropolitan area.

Since this is the higway forum, here's mine point. I would guess that the substiancially improved connection of the region, plus together with the new cross border motorway connection (however there is still lack of more dense lower standard connection, perhaps in planning too???) could hugelly mobilize the potential of this conurbation. The historical developement of this region is much the same the history of Rurh area in Germany. It specialty is that it is a cross border region, the core situated in Poland.

I expect rather fast develepoment of this region, which is finally also connected to the European motorway network, it has two airports on opposite sides nearby sister cities of Katowice and Ostrava. The finishing of D1 A1 connection and R48 S1 line, together with futher scattered interconections should be of highest priority here...

You forgot about DTS (interurban highway) which is partly finished, partly under construction and just got a green light last week for extension When finished it will connect Gliwice with Katowice (if I am not mistaken) and will run parallel to A4.

Here is a long running thread about DTS

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...28549&page=176
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:06 AM   #4967
geogregor

Likes (Received): 19147

Quote:

There is huge potential there. I know as I come from the middle of this region
The problem is lack of interest in the integration. For start the motorways in both countries will be tolled in two different systems. Czech Republic opted for vignettes, Poland for toll booths. So if you want to commute from let say my home town of Jastrzebie to Ostrava (which should be about 20 min drive) you will have to pay toll at the gate in Poland and then get sticker for Czech motorways.
I wish Czechs made D47 toll free from the Border to Ostrava. It is only about 20km. That way they could get more visitors from Poland and what follows, more business. Also Poland could abandon tolls in the border region. Something like in France around Lille. Motorways between Lille, Roubaix, Tourcoing and Belgian Kortrijk are free. Also A25 to Dunkerque and A16 from there to Belgium are free. It helps to blend the region into economicaly one organism.
If we want to achieve something like that in Polish - Czech border region we need some vision and initiative rather than toll systems which will make travel more difficult and expensive.
geogregor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 01:03 PM   #4968
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Thanks for the DTS link, very interesting. Is the main investor the polish government or the cities themselves? BTW is the plan to create the supercity Silesia any closer to realisation these days? I thought that the DTS project might be one of the sparks in this effort.

Since I come from Bohumin, I know what you're talking about Geogregor.
Yeah, its shame that the roads are tolled, however I cannot really imagine leaving the D1 out of the toll these days (and we are talking only the <3,5 t toll, the toll for trucks I take as a given fact and wouldnt discuss it) as well as the A1.

I guess it should be possible to pay the toll at the future A1 sections also on yearly bases, right? Some yearly voucher allowing you to use that part? Some joint toll that would allow you to use the tolled roads on the other side of the PL-CZ border valid in that metro area for not very high surcharge to the national toll could solve the problem perhaps? Everyone has to use the national road system anyway, so paying just few more euros for the border section of neigbouring country wouldnt seem to be so hard decision for the drivers. The realisation is however not so easy, as the national authorities would have to approve this regional initiative.

Back to my first question. When do you see A1 as finished from the border to the Katowice airport? and one more... Is the A1 in the reagion attracting some foreign investment already? Especially in terms of big logistic centers serving both the Czech and Polish side?

Thanks
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:26 PM   #4969
czerwony_bo_szybszy

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Back to my first question. When do you see A1 as finished from the border to the Katowice airport?
Thanks
As far as I remember, (south->north)
Bohumin-Świerklany (between Rybnik, Żory, Jastrzębie & Wodzisław) 05.2012
Świerklany-Bełk (current southern end of A1) end.2010
Gliwice (A4xA1)-Zabrze Maciejów (DK88xA1) 07.2011 (delay possible due to flooding)
Zabrze Maciejów-Bytom-Piekary (route 911) end.2011 (also possible delay)
Piekary-Pyrzowice Airport 05.2012
+ on April 2010 interurban highway DTŚ will be ready in Zabrze (end in the city center de Gaulle street)

everything sounds great, in 2 year time, going to Prague from my home I`ll see first traffic lights on... Legerova ulice na Vinohradech v Praze in about 3:45 hours of driving ;D
czerwony_bo_szybszy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 01:19 AM   #4970
geogregor

Likes (Received): 19147

Quote:
I guess it should be possible to pay the toll at the future A1 sections also on yearly bases, right? Some yearly voucher allowing you to use that part? Some joint toll that would allow you to use the tolled roads on the other side of the PL-CZ border valid in that metro area for not very high surcharge to the national toll could solve the problem perhaps? Everyone has to use the national road system anyway, so paying just few more euros for the border section of neigbouring country wouldnt seem to be so hard decision for the drivers. The realisation is however not so easy, as the national authorities would have to approve this regional initiative.
It's going to be difficult to connect two such different systems like an annual fee for the whole system (Czech Republic) and paying per km driven (in Poland). I really hope for some solution but knowing all the bureaucracy involved I'm highly skeptical.
Unfortunately end result is going to be extra cost for the motorist. Somehow in much richer countries like France and Belgium authorities made decisions not to toll motorways in densely populated border regions even if their citizens are much more affluent and could afford it better than relatively poor Poles or Czechs.

Anyway, lets build A1 first. I really wonder how Alpina is going to cope with the controversial bridge in Mszana which design they previously contested.

I'm really looking for A1 to Pyrzowice to be finished. It is going to be just 45 drive home from the airport.
geogregor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:35 AM   #4971
nextvkin

Likes (Received): 0

Thanks Ripley LV, you've more than helped enough!
nextvkin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:25 AM   #4972
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaskovitz View Post
Newest
so much construction, it makes me jealous
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 02:51 AM   #4973
stratotroter

Likes (Received): 21

Unnecessarily. There is still much to do to achive at least a decent and extensive road network in Poland.
stratotroter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:07 PM   #4974
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

True, Poland will need to catch up quickly with the rest of Europe, but is still lagging behind significantly. I wonder how things will look after 2012 - 2013. Then you will have a basic motorway network, and you can begin constructing the less urgent motorways / expressways to make rural regions better accessible (for example: S11, S12, S16, S17)
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:16 PM   #4975
Jakub Warszauer

Likes (Received): 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
True, Poland will need to catch up quickly with the rest of Europe, but is still lagging behind significantly. I wonder how things will look after 2012 - 2013. Then you will have a basic motorway network, and you can begin constructing the less urgent motorways / expressways to make rural regions better accessible (for example: S11, S12, S16, S17)
After we have the main grid I expect an incredible row between western & central regions (arguing they need dense network) and eastern regions (arguing they are left behind, poor and needy).

Practicly it will mean we have to decide between S19 and S11 or S5.
Jakub Warszauer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #4976
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post

apparently Chris reached the point.
I do not think Poland has got a reasonable, valid, existent project plan for road infrastructure once we hit 2012 goals.

so I am very sceptic about it. OK we do have some high-level plans, but no confirmed dates at all.

one may say:

"hey, we finish this road till 2014, that one till 2016 ..."

but my observation tells me the most time-consuming job is to do the paperwork (DŚ, bid). So I would say we can estimate finish dates for specific routes when the construction works start.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #4977
Blaskovitz

From Polish topic about S11(Poznań bypass): http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1#post63164001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carte View Post
Zdjęcia z 4 września zrobione między węzłami Zakrzewo i Swadzim:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old September 5th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #4978
ChrisZwolle
Road user

That "Carte" does a very good job with all those aerial updates
Old September 6th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #4979
ChrisZwolle
Road user

When will S7 Kraków open? I thought it was somewhere in September?
Old September 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #4980
michael_siberia
Trzecie pokolenie akowców

Likes (Received): 25706

Quote:
When will S7 Kraków open?
First stage - perhaps in October, perhaps in November...
michael_siberia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road