daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 16th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #5361
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevpls View Post
Hey, I'm gathering some information about roads in Poland and I hope you could help me.

I found a map with existing motorways and motorways under construction but I'm missing information about traffic on them.
Can you get me some information about traffic volumes on motorways in your country for year 2009 or even 2010 if it's possible?
I tried to search for it in http://www.gddkia.gov.pl/ but I couldn't find anything useful...

Thanks in advance.
Latest data available is from 2005. Report from this year's traffic volume measurements will be available in a few months.

If you are looking for traffic volume prognosis for roads under construction, you can find them in environmental documentation, which usually isn't available online (unless guys from SISKOM, great pro-infrastructure NGO, publish it).

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #5362
Jevpls

Likes (Received): 6

Thanks, toonczyk.
Strange that only that old data is available...
Jevpls no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #5363
Piekarz
HD Rider

Likes (Received): 881

Quote:
Thanks, toonczyk.
The traffic analysis in Poland are made once every 5 years. But in new roads there will be automatic weighing machines installed soon. They will give information about traffic right away.
Piekarz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #5364
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Thanks, toonczyk.
This is a costly operation, we have around 20k km of major roads, so it takes hundreds of people, lots of equipment and time to do those measurements right.
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #5365
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
If you are looking for traffic volume prognosis for roads under construction, you can find them in environmental documentation, which usually isn't available online (unless guys from SISKOM, great pro-infrastructure NGO, publish it).
Wow really, here in the Netherlands it is required that these documents (environmental impact assessment, noise surveys, air quality, etc.) are put online for "public participation". They have an entire government website dedicated for such material, containing hundreds of GB of documents.

Quote:
The traffic analysis in Poland are made once every 5 years. But in new roads there will be automatic weighing machines installed soon. They will give information about traffic right away.
Main roads (that is: every DK-road and important DW-roads) ought to have permanent counting stations with induction loops in the pavement. If you want to do an environmental study, you don't want to work with 3 to 5 year old data, especially considering the rapid development in Poland. Local governments should be responsible for counting municipal roads.

I conduct traffic counts for a medium-sized municipality with 40.000 inhabitants, and we have over 100 counting locations, and most of them are counted every year.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #5366
Jevpls

Likes (Received): 6

In Latvia we count vehicles each year. Last years because of lack of money, we count only main roads (about 1600 km) and part or regional roads. Local roads usually aren't included in this list (only some of them - the most important ones).

But once in 5 years...Don't you even have some countings for monitoring the difference between AADT volumes? How do you know whether AADT is rising or not?

Wouldn't it better to count 20% of roads every year?
Jevpls no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #5367
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Wow really, here in the Netherlands it is required that these documents (environmental impact assessment, noise surveys, air quality, etc.) are put online for "public participation". They have an entire government website dedicated for such material, containing hundreds of GB of documents.
Well, that's the problem with most public information in Poland. It's not like the documentation is secret, you just have to go in person and ASK for it (sometimes by means of a formal request form).
I know Jakub Warszauer from SISKOM visits this thread quite often, maybe he can explain in detail how the reality of access to environmental documentation looks like. But it is definitely an area, where our government is still miles behind the west.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Main roads (that is: every DK-road and important DW-roads) ought to have permanent counting stations with induction loops in the pavement.
As someone wrote earlier, more and more automatic counting devices are mounted on polish roads, but it's going to take a long time before the system covers whole road network, simply because of its size. If we count not only DK roads, but DW's too, we get around 50,000 kilometers...
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #5368
aswnl

Likes (Received): 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
But it is definitely an area, where our government is still miles behind the west.
Poland is part of the west for me already. The "east" now starts at the Belarus border.

In NL the treshold on objecting against plans had become that low, that many public projects suffered huge delays. Be careful to find a reasonable balance between openness and sluggishness in procedures...
aswnl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:30 PM   #5369
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yes, until recently, the procedural time for road, rail or water projects in the Netherlands was 14 years on average. By the time the project was completed it was a solution for a traffic problem 20 years earlier, thus immediately out of date. That's why we saw some huge overhauls on Dutch roads recently (from 2x3 to 2x5 and from 2x2 to 2x4 and so on..)

It doesn't look like this will happen in Poland yet, although they do suffer from delays from time to time (I don't have to mention S8 Syców - Walichnowy I think).
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #5370
Jakub Warszauer

Likes (Received): 553

Jevpls- if you need traffic data for specific roads (like Via Baltica) dig in our web-site: www.siskom.waw.pl. Full report from 2005 is also available.

Site is in Polish, if google translate fails to help, write me a PM.

Quote:
I know Jakub Warszauer from SISKOM visits this thread quite often, maybe he can explain in detail how the reality of access to environmental documentation looks like. But it is definitely an area, where our government is still miles behind the west.
Environmental Impact Assesments (EIA's) are available at Regional Environment Protection Agency (Regionalna Dyrekcja Ochrony Środowiska - RDOŚ) or Local Environment Protection Bureau (Biuro/Wydział Ochrony Środowiska or similar).

RDOŚ is a separate agency, organised just like GDDKiA (Road construction agency). There are HQ in Warsaw + 16 Regional Agencies. They handle larger projects: roads longer than 10 km, railways, water treatment and so on.

Local EP Bureau are attached to Municipalities, and analyze the rest of junk.

News about everything they do, have, analyze, write is published on their web sites. Thank God they use RSS, so there is no problem to follow the news.

Because of lack of funds and political will EIA'a are not published on-line (the main and real reason is in the last paragraph of this post). Our law gives us right to receive any environmental information "without further notice". It's based (nearly a translation) of the Aarhus Convention. In Warsaw it works fine.

You come, fill one page of paper (name, date, what do you need). You can see, read, copy everithing but personal data. You can also give your opinion about the project. If you have your own CD/DVD or pen drive, they copy it free of charge. If you want, they will send you a CD. The fees are regulated and inconsiderable (as long as you don't visit RDOŚ twice a month).

In Warsaw it takes me from 10 minutes up to 3 hours to obtain full EIA. If it takes longer than 30 minutes, I just go to the city to eat my lunch and come back later.

Example:
It took me about 20 minutes from walking in to walk out to receivr full EIA for A2 motorway from Warsaw to Brest (Belarus).

But there is another problem. Polish designers don't care about size of files. A2 is currently about 1,6 GB of data inf PDF and JPG files. I started from 2 GB. It takes a lot of time to make it smaller and more handy before I'll upload it on SISKOM webiste.

-------------
I'm sorry for mistakes (my english is better that this above), Im tired, need some sleep but didn't want to leave questions without answer.
Jakub Warszauer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #5371
X236K

Likes (Received): 47

How's the border section of A1 progressing? I've seen the finisher on the Czech side recently, almost done with the pavement.
X236K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #5372
ChrisZwolle
Road user

GDDKiA updated their site, looks like a great visual improvement!

http://www.gddkia.gov.pl/
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #5373
bebe.2006
Ekspert

Likes (Received): 466

Experssway S7 in Kraków 1 day after opening. The traffic is still not so intense. Film by Agusia. She drove A4 to S7 and then back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusia View Post
No to zapraszam na przejażdżkę tam i z powrotem..
Wczoraj mgła i zamknięte, później noc i słaba jakość.. to do trzech razy sztuka (chociaż deszcz).

Good to see the road no. 16 is upgraded to S-standard, although it is marked DK16 (not S16). The construction of next section: Biskupiec - Borki Wielkie (8,2 km) in 2x2, is signed today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by los77 View Post
DK16 Barczewo - Biskupiec cz. 1/2

Data fotorelacji : 2010 11 13

Zaczynamy od miejsca gdzie jest tajemnicza zatoczka dla autobusów. Niestety nie udało mi się zrobić zdjęć oznakowania dla tej zatoczki ale z tego co widziałem to była tabliczka "tylko dla autobusów szkolnych"

Quote:
Originally Posted by los77 View Post
DK16 Barczewo - Biskupiec cz. 2/2

Data fotorelacji : 2010 11 13

I zbliżamy się do węzła Biskupiec. Za chwilę rozwidlenie na dwie jezdnie.

Po prawej zjazd na DK57

Po prawej wjazd z DK57

Zbliżamy się do końca odcinka

Last edited by bebe.2006; November 17th, 2010 at 10:18 PM.
bebe.2006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #5374
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Likes (Received): 1601

S7 Krakow - East Bypass

Old November 18th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #5375
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

DK 79, alternative road for A4.

http://motoryzacja.interia.pl/raport...sposob,1559509

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Silesia Superior
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #5376
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Gliwice - Sośnica Interchange:

PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 11:16 PM   #5377
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 171

At last the long overdue S7 Kraków eastern bypass opens!
When is vital work going to start on extending and connecting the
S7 Kraków eastern bypass to the current E77 to the north of Kraków?
The S7 Kraków loop/bypass needs to go around the whole of eastern and northern Kraków for it to be effective and fully used to carry Warsaw-bound traffic and not just around a tiny part of Kraków's eastern suburbs.
It's a good quality road but is ultimately useless as like so many other major highways the expressway ends in city streets which only brings traffic off the A4 and back into the city to get to Warsaw On the plus side it is excellent to see Warsaw signed for the first time on the A4 - hopefully we will see it signed again at the A4/A8 interchange when section 1 of the A8 opens in December
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #5378
kalle_sg

Likes (Received): 2244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
On the plus side it is excellent to see Warsaw signed for the first time on the A4 - hopefully we will see it signed again at the A4/A8 interchange when section 1 of the A8 opens in December
AFAIR Warsaw had already been signed on the A4/S1 intersection.
kalle_sg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 09:10 PM   #5379
ryjek
ryjek

Likes (Received): 1748

Nice. Looks like screen from Playstation-game

ryjek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 09:30 PM   #5380
tomekwrz
Kierowca!

Likes (Received): 1305

tomekwrz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road