daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 5th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #5481
Jakub Warszauer

Likes (Received): 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_siberia View Post
So poor? Quite interesting sentence.
One of the 2035 forecasts shows over 32k AADT at the interchange with S19 (in 2020 - over 20k on whole section between Warsaw and S19).

Source:
http://siskom.waw.pl/autostrady/a2/w...g-ruch_w-1.pdf

More:
http://siskom.waw.pl/a2-warszawa-kukuryki.htm
While reading pdf's with AADT please notice the difference between volumes for high, low and no toll.
Jakub Warszauer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #5482
michal_OMB
look here -->

Likes (Received): 32

[S7] Skarżysko Kamienna - Kielce

photos by orcio of November

Old December 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #5483
mr.cool

Likes (Received): 824

http://www.poland.pl/news/article,Ne...,id,450188.htm

Anyone got any pictures to show this? Where abouts in Poland does this cross?
mr.cool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #5484
kooba

Likes (Received): 5138

It's on S22 Elbląg-Grzechotki road. Pictures here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=963
kooba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #5485
toonczyk
autostradożerca

New, revised strategy for road construction in years 2011-2015 was released today. In short: we should not expect any new contracts, most tenders already underway will probably be canceled. Except for roads already U/C, until 2013 only A1 Stryków-Tuszyn (Łódź-Piotrków Trybunalski) and S8 Wrocław-Łódź will be built. According to the document, this is how our expressway and motorway network is going to look like on 31.12.2013 (black - ready, green - U/C, white - our grandchildren will see those):

Financial crisis caught up with us.
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #5486
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19356

Still, 2013 is only 2 years away. Even with a temporary break, Poland is still constructing at the speed of lightning compared to other countries.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:52 AM   #5487
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
I went to Polish infrastructure SSC forum to ask this question - but it was deleted (no idea why)

so maybe I will be more lucky with international one.

do we have / do you know a detailed plan for road infrastructure construction once we hit 2013 ?

my opinion is we do know exactly what we want to achieve by the end of 2012, but once we finish our euro 2012 schedule, there is no detail plan for further development.

could you please comment on that or rather open my eyes ?
toonczyk, thanks for your information. this is actually we we had to expect, but we needed somebody to be the first one to annouce it.

for me it was clear months ago we will not expand our road infrstructure plans behind Euro 2012.

shit ...
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #5488
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Likes (Received): 1594

[S8] Warsaw (Konotopa - Powązkowska) Photos by matrix4321

Last edited by Nowax; December 7th, 2010 at 12:52 PM.
Nowax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #5489
jtybinka

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
New, revised strategy for road construction in years 2011-2015 was released today. In short: we should not expect any new contracts, most tenders already underway will probably be canceled

Financial crisis caught up with us.

what about the money from the EU funds from the budget 2008-2013 ?
are we going to not use that money (what means waste money) ?
jtybinka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #5490
GrimFadango

Likes (Received): 335

AFAIK it means lower dept. I belive that we could find funds in some different parts of budget, but it might be to painfull for some certain areas of budget-related wages. Still, tons of paperwork is behind us, so Poland should do as much as it is possible to finish already started projects, but with 'leave them as you find them' slogan on our flags.

At least we already have better roads than Lithuanians
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:34 AM   #5491
and802

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimFadango View Post
At least we already have better roads than Lithuanians
be careful what you wrote. I am sure Lithuanian collegues can present statistics, where Poland looks bad in comparison with Lithuania - km motorways per capita ? I do not know, definately there are some.

I prefer to compare us to Zimbabwe, at least I am sure all statistics belong to us
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #5492
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
I prefer to compare us to Zimbabwe, at least I am sure all statistics belong to us
In all seriousness, Zimbabwe was one of the wealthiest countries of Africa in the 1990's, and probably had a (much) better road network than Poland in those days... They've neglected it over the past decade though...
Old December 8th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #5493
and802

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
In all seriousness, Zimbabwe was one of the wealthiest countries of Africa in the 1990's, and probably had a (much) better road network than Poland in those days... They've neglected it over the past decade though...
no, you are wrong, even in nineties Polish infrastructure was easier to accept. do not forget whities lost power in 1980, and since then Robert M. started ruling the country in his way. anyway I can hardly remember any potholes-free highway 1996.
Old December 8th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #5494
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

S1 is blocked. About 40 cars took part in multiple crash:

lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #5495
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

other sources say about 70-80 cars
lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #5496
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
New, revised strategy for road construction in years 2011-2015 was released today. In short: we should not expect any new contracts, most tenders already underway will probably be canceled. Except for roads already U/C, until 2013 only A1 Stryków-Tuszyn (Łódź-Piotrków Trybunalski) and S8 Wrocław-Łódź will be built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtybinka View Post
what about the money from the EU funds from the budget 2008-2013 ?
are we going to not use that money (what means waste money) ?
The 2008-2013 EU funds will not be available after 2013, so the plan is to spend them by 2013 on the projects already approved.

No doubt any projects funded by the EU in the 2013-2018 regional development budget will be built. The Polish government will not leave such funds on the table. With so much EU funding for Poland in the current (2008-2013) budget, I don't expect there to be a lot for Poland in the 2013-2018 budget, but I'm confident there will be something (for example, perhaps S8 Via Baltica between Warsaw and Bialystok and/or perhaps S19 from the LT border to the SK border). There are obviously many other possibilities depending on the priorities of Poland and neighbouring EU member states, such as, for example S69 to the SK border.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #5497
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I don't think the EU will not be co-funding projects after 2013. Poland will still be a net receiver for the next couple of years beyond 2013. Spain didn't became a net payer until the late 2000's.
Old December 8th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #5498
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I don't think the EU will not be co-funding projects after 2013. Poland will still be a net receiver for the next couple of years beyond 2013. Spain didn't became a net payer until the late 2000's.
Spain only became a net payer as a consequence of the accession of Bulgaria and Romania. The next accession round (looks like Croatia and Iceland) cannot possibly turn Poland into a net payer. Poland will remain a net recipient of EU regional development (and CAP) funds at least until the following accession round (probably Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia) -- though not at the magnitude of 2008-2013.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 07:48 PM   #5499
bleetz
one.man.army

Likes (Received): 395

Lithuania definitely has a more adequate road infrastructure than Poland, no doubt about that. Poland has caught up massively recently but we are still significantly ahead overall. New Polish motorways are nicer than Lithuanian motorways, there simply aren't enough of them yet, not to mention that you have to pay for them.
Old December 8th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #5500
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yep, many Lithuanian A-roads, which connect all larger cities, are expressway-like roads, with high design standards. Though it has to be mentioned traffic is probably less in Lithuania than it is in Poland, so the road network is more easily adequate than it is in Poland.

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road