daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2011, 01:02 PM   #6101
Superkot634
Requiem for a dream

Likes (Received): 562

Condition of national roads in Poland

Green - Good condition
Yellow - Medium condition
Orange - Bad condition

Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2011, 01:56 PM   #6102
jeremiash

Likes (Received): 74

since "niezadowalajacy" means unsatisfactory, translating it as "medium condition" is kind of an overstatement, don't you think?
jeremiash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:57 PM   #6103
Hanno1983

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
A 18 has no luck and is a shame when you crossing a border from German side. Once again because of environmental issues and lack of money. Westbound side has been rebuilt over 10 years ago, eastbound wasn't as I know since it was built before II WW.
Yes, it is a shame.
Under this aspect as well I would prefer if whole traffic used northern lane of the motorway until the southern one will be rebuilt.
Hanno1983 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM   #6104
kooba

Likes (Received): 5156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno1983 View Post
Yes, it is a shame.
Under this aspect as well I would prefer if whole traffic used northern lane of the motorway until the southern one will be rebuilt.
But police doesn't prefer that. They claim that while northern lane was under construction, and whole traffic use southern, there was a lot of accidents. So they don't allow use of one lane.

And in my opinion it's not so stupid. Right now we have half of full standard motorway, and half where you can drive safely, but slower. I think in our situation, where it looks like most of the polish drivers are crazy (and i mean overtaking) two lane traffic is always better.
kooba está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:25 PM   #6105
Superkot634
Requiem for a dream

Likes (Received): 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiash View Post
since "niezadowalajacy" means unsatisfactory, translating it as "medium condition" is kind of an overstatement, don't you think?
To what extent?
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:52 PM   #6106
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooba View Post
And in my opinion it's not so stupid. Right now we have half of full standard motorway, and half where you can drive safely, but slower. I think in our situation, where it looks like most of the polish drivers are crazy (and i mean overtaking) two lane traffic is always better.
I actually agree with you. Current situation is far from perfect, but in terms of safety it's way ahead of closing down the southern carriageway and making the northern one bidirectional. I'm pretty sure that wide lanes and good visibility would trigger some insane overtaking maneuvers...

That's what you get very commonly in Poland on straight and wide roads...
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:46 PM   #6107
bigalowski

Likes (Received): 1

that's another example of road raging, he's forcing the car driver to use the hard shoulder. Very stupid!!!
bigalowski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:46 PM   #6108
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Maybe I missed it, but are there already official statistics about the traffic fatalities in 2010?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:41 PM   #6109
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Maybe I missed it, but are there already official statistics about the traffic fatalities in 2010?
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=73606297
Old May 22nd, 2011, 07:00 PM   #6110
Hanno1983

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooba View Post
But police doesn't prefer that. They claim that while northern lane was under construction, and whole traffic use southern, there was a lot of accidents. So they don't allow use of one lane.

It's unterstandable and I got to know the problem with overtaking on Polish roads.
But northern lane of A18 is brider than southern one. It could be marked in 2+1. Then there shouldn't be many accidents because of overtaking.
By the way, on northern lane speet limit is lower than 130 km/h now regardless of motorway standard. I think it is 100 or 110 km/h.
Hanno1983 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM   #6111
Beck's
Polska wielonarodowa!!

Likes (Received): 8209

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiash View Post
That means "medium condition", whithout any holes, ruts, however with patches. You don't feel bigger discomfort when you drive, however the driving is not as comfortable as on the good and very good road.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:56 PM   #6112
butch83

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
I actually agree with you. Current situation is far from perfect, but in terms of safety it's way ahead of closing down the southern carriageway and making the northern one bidirectional. I'm pretty sure that wide lanes and good visibility would trigger some insane overtaking maneuvers...
I did this stretch of A18 at least few hundred times, The traffic is very low to the extend that sometimes one drives minutes without seeing any car or truck, which is extremely uncommon on other national roads in Poland. I agree it is safer now, but quality of southern lane is pathetic. Northern stretch is wide enough to make 2+1 swedish style out of it and that imo should be done.
edit:I guess Hanno1983 already covered that issue
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #6113
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch83 View Post
Northern stretch is wide enough to make 2+1 swedish style out of it and that imo should be done.
Agreed, 2+1 with line barrier in the middle would be the best solution.
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #6114
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

S11 (Western bypass of Poznan) by Carte (lots of good photos).

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...31159&page=103
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #6115
mr.cool

Likes (Received): 824

Anyone got a latest map? My relatives are going to be travelling from Zakopane to Zamosc in a few days time so what would be the quickest but most comfortable route to go by?
mr.cool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #6116
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cool View Post
Anyone got a latest map? My relatives are going to be travelling from Zakopane to Zamosc in a few days time so what would be the quickest but most comfortable route to go by?
A map was posted in this thread in late April. Looking at that map and Google maps, it seems like a long, slow, uncomfortable trip. The fastest way is probably to leave at first light and get past Krakow before the commute traffic starts. If someone else has first-hand information, go with that. I only looked at the maps.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:49 PM   #6117
maciekph

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
A map was posted in this thread in late April. Looking at that map and Google maps, it seems like a long, slow, uncomfortable trip. The fastest way is probably to leave at first light and get past Krakow before the commute traffic starts. If someone else has first-hand information, go with that. I only looked at the maps.
That's right.

Then there are 2 possibilities from Krakow to Zamosc: use DK4 to Rzeszow and DK19 to Zamosc or DK79 to Sandomierz and DK77, DK19, DK74 to reach Zamosc.

First option using DK4 is much more crowded that DK79 option.
Quality of road pavement is better on DK4 IMHO.

1st: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...61,2.90863&z=9

Here we can consider using google map's shortcut and turn right in Myslenice heading Łapczyca/Bochnia via DW964 via Dobczyce but I don't know the quality of that road.

2nd: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...61&ie=UTF8&z=8
maciekph no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #6118
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

A4 Szarow-Tarnow (a bit dated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradie View Post
Nie wiem czy były tutaj umieszczane poniższe zdjęcia. Niestety zrobione 20 dni temu, więc trochę nieaktualne:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradie View Post
Wygrzebane z przed miesiąca.

Źródło:http://www.rdn.pl/d_galeria/index.php?rdg=0150220114

Prace są teraz bardziej zaawansowane. Jest to fotorelacja z 28.4.2011
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #6119
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

What is that old bridge pier across the Dunajec near Tarnów? I noticed that one on Google Earth as well.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #6120
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

There aren't many motorways left to be opened this year are there? I can
only think of these:

A8 Wrocław airport - Wrocław Psie Pole (15th June 2011)

A1 Nowy Marzy - Toruń (September 2011)

A2 Polish/German border - Nowy Tomyśl (31st December 2011)

Have I missed any out? Expressway openings in 2011 perhaps?
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road