daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 18th, 2011, 02:49 AM   #6261
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

that seems to be a fly or some other bug inspecting construction site

I like this "medium, fine" GP-class quite a lot. Just a bit overbuilt with screens. I haven't seen anywhere so many of those by a local road in small town.
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #6262
delfin_pl
Expert

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonut View Post
Western bypass of Mragowo (small town in lake district)
Wouldn't it be better to install regular cats eyes instead of these poles with reflecting glasses? You drive thru it and its broken.
delfin_pl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #6263
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub Warszauer View Post
The more imporant one, in DK16 corridor will take much more time and money.
Several sections of DK16 will be upgraded though. Even though an S16 doesn't seem plausible in the near future, I've read several sections will be built with de-facto S-standards and be in operation as class GP roads, leaving an easy upgrade in the future.

A question:

I thought June 15th was the opening date for several road projects, however, I can't recall any being opened. What are the next opening dates? I believe parts of S7 would open, as well as a section of A8 around Wrocław.

Another question:

Why does the completion of A2 around Mińsk Mazowiecki takes so long? I believe the opening date is December 2012, yet it is under construction for quite some time now (way before A2 Stryków - Konotopa began construction). The same can be said about S79 in Warszawa, I believe this one is U/C since 2009 or early 2010, but photos don't show significant progress yet.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #6264
Jakub Warszauer

Likes (Received): 552

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Several sections of DK16 will be upgraded though. Even though an S16 doesn't seem plausible in the near future, I've read several sections will be built with de-facto S-standards and be in operation as class GP roads, leaving an easy upgrade in the future.
Sure. But this is going to be much, much more expensive. And will be opposed by many different lobbies.

Quote:
A question:

I thought June 15th was the opening date for several road projects, however, I can't recall any being opened. What are the next opening dates? I believe parts of S7 would open, as well as a section of A8 around Wrocław.
Everything is on hold as long as problems with A2 Łódź - Warszawa aren't resolved. It's absolutely sure that finishing "chinese" secitions of the motorway will cost much more than COVEC asked in the original bid.

Quote:
Another question:

Why does the completion of A2 around Mińsk Mazowiecki takes so long? I believe the opening date is December 2012, yet it is under construction for quite some time now (way before A2 Stryków - Konotopa began construction). The same can be said about S79 in Warszawa, I believe this one is U/C since 2009 or early 2010, but photos don't show significant progress yet.
Timetable for A2 byspass for Mińsk Mazowiecki is ridiculously overstretched. GDDKiA gave to much time for finishing it. And gave no incentive to the construction company to finish it earlier. If they wanted, it would be ready this year.

S2/S79 is deleyed. In my opinion it won't be ready for may 2012. Reasons only via PM.
Jakub Warszauer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #6265
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
S7 Elbląg-Pasłęk (both very foreigner-friendly names) opening is planned for next week and that's it for this month AFAIR. Rest of A8 should be opened in mid August.
Quote:
Why does the completion of A2 around Mińsk Mazowiecki takes so long? I believe the opening date is December 2012, yet it is under construction for quite some time now (way before A2 Stryków - Konotopa began construction).
It's obviously way too much time for such an easy project. But at least it's pretty cheap (under 7mln EUR/km).
Quote:
The same can be said about S79 in Warszawa, I believe this one is U/C since 2009 or early 2010, but photos don't show significant progress yet.
There is a significant progress, but this is a complicated project with lots of collisions. I think realistically it'll be ready no sooner than autumn 2012.
Old June 18th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #6266
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Quote:
There are several environmental obstacles (mainly Masurian lakes) and traffic is not that high so it's pretty much impossible to make S16 viable all the way from Grudziądz via Olszyn to Augustów. However I would think that constructing S16 from Ostróda to Biskupiec (including Olsztyn bypass) is possible some time in the future after more important mainline routes are finished.

Traffic keeps growing and jamming our tight routes, towns and cities therefore government will sooner or later return to other concepts which are now in the shadow due to lesser funds available. Even securing funds for top priority schemes is hard in a current economical downturn. Many things can still change. After studying plans from other countries it's easy to see how many ideas were thrown away and how many new ones were brought in.

Last edited by Mateusz; June 18th, 2011 at 06:52 PM.
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #6267
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

A2 around Konin by Rusonaldo (PPO - tolls, MOP - rest area, OUA - maintenance depot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusonaldo View Post
PPO Konin Wschód

Quote:
MOP „Orelnu” pomiędzy węzłami Wartkowice a Emilia. W budowie Burgerownia i KFC

Old June 20th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #6268
ufonut
Atlantyda

Cont...

Quote:
PPO Stryków Zachód

Quote:
SPO Stryków Południe + OUA Stryków

Old June 20th, 2011, 02:05 AM   #6269
ufonut
Atlantyda

S69 Bielsko-Biala - Zywiec by Marek Kocjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marek_kocjan View Post
Aktualizacja zdjęć lotniczych - http://www.kocjan.pl/thumbnails-68.html

Węzeł Mikuszowice, S69 w kierunku Żywca:

Węzeł Rosta, S1 w kierunku Węzła Komorowice:
AOW A8 Wroclaw Bypass by MisterTPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTPL View Post
Początek A8:

Ekrany:

Most Rędziński:

Węzeł Wrocław Północ:

Old June 20th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #6270
ChrisZwolle
Road user

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Przej%C...e_dla_pieszych

Do I understand correctly, that according to this article, pedestrians have a right of way at pedestrian crossings indicated with a sign and zebra markings?

Quote:
W tak specjalnie oznaczonym miejscu pieszy, który rozpoczął przechodzenie przez drogę, ma pierwszeństwo przed uczestnikami ruchu poruszającymi się po tej drodze, o ile przejście to nie jest kierowane przez upoważnioną do tego osobę lub sygnalizację świetlną.
Old June 20th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #6271
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Pedestrian has a right of way once he is ON the crossing, but he's not allowed to enter the crossing right in front of an incoming vehicle. So if a pedestrian is standing on a sidewalk and waiting to cross the road (and there are no traffic lights), he doesn't have a right of way.
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #6272
LMB
Once BMW, always Honda

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
Pedestrian has a right of way once he is ON the crossing, but he's not allowed to enter the crossing right in front of an incoming vehicle. So if a pedestrian is standing on a sidewalk and waiting to cross the road (and there are no traffic lights), he doesn't have a right of way.
...unless three people are waiting. Is this law still in force?
LMB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #6273
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Never heard of it.
Old June 20th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #6274
bleetz
one.man.army

Likes (Received): 396

Can't wait until the border - Warsaw section of the A2 is fully complete so that I could test it myself!
Old June 20th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #6275
rakcancer

you mean: how fast you can get from Warsaw to the german border?
Old June 20th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #6276
bleetz
one.man.army

I am not asking a question, I am just saying that I will try out that section as soon as it opens (I drive through Poland 2-4 times a year). And yes, I will go pedal-to-the-metal on that road, I always go fast on the completed sections of A2. It is a fantastic road, visibility is good, it is very straight and smooth. Too bad about tolls though, they're a bit of a bitch.
Old June 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #6277
rakcancer

I understand. If they finish A2 you will still be waiting for completing S8 Wa-wa - B-stok, though bypasses of last towns are under construction. And then last but least B-stok - Suwalki and border with Lithuania. Sorry, no good news for that portion. Who knows what is going to happened to this section. I would rather think S61 through Lomza will be under construction sooner.

Last edited by rakcancer; June 20th, 2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old June 20th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #6278
delfin_pl
Expert

Likes (Received): 56

Unfortunately, our Eastern neighbours - Lithuania, Belarus will have to wait looong time for A/S standard road connection.
delfin_pl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #6279
ChrisZwolle
Road user

On the other hand, Lithuania isn't exactly racing to build A5 to Kaunas into a motorway.
Old June 20th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #6280
bleetz
one.man.army

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfin_pl View Post
Unfortunately, our Eastern neighbours - Lithuania, Belarus will have to wait looong time for A/S standard road connection.
Yup, I am aware of that. It is very sad indeed, but when you drive to London, the Kaunas-Bialystok section doesn't seem that long given the context, so we'll survive And it doesn't mean that I can't be happy about the Warsaw-Germany section being complete. It will shorten my travel time considerably. And if the quality remains as good as in the sections that are already complete, Warsaw-Germany might be the most enjoyable part of the trip for me (apart from the toll booths, of course).

I don't expect E67 Zambrow - Kaunas to be complete in another 15 years or so (if not more).

Quote:
On the other hand, Lithuania isn't exactly racing to build A5 to Kaunas into a motorway.
Yep. They are building a bunch of roads that are not that important (Vilnius southern bypass for example), when the road to build for Lithuania is ignored. They will start to upgrade the Kaunas - Marijampolė section to motorway (automagistralė) standards in 2013 I believe. They should have started in 2003 more like. That road is good but it has way more traffic than it can handle.

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road