daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 26th, 2011, 11:21 AM   #6701
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Likes (Received): 1594

[A2] Świecko (D) - Nowy Tomyśl (photos by kmieciu )

Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #6702
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

A1 Grudziądz - Toruń open day

opening October 14th

zielaczek

Much more:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...89744&page=129
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #6703
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17386

“Green corridors” with GDDKiA

From: http://www.gddkia.gov.pl/article/986...rs-with-gddkia

Quote:
“Green corridors” with GDDKiA

Innovative road infrastructure in Poland can successfully become an element of the European green corridors – said the General Director for National Roads and Motorways Lech Witecki representing GDDKiA on the conference “Green corridors” within the scope of presidency over “Acting on behalf of multimodal, sustainable transport system”.

The idea of Green Corridors assumes mutual supplementation of various branches of road transport, railway, short sea shipping as well as inland navigation so as to improve transport of goods on the main traffic routes in the EU as well as to minimise the negative impact of transport on the natural environment. The Green Corridors are to characterise with well-balanced logistics solutions with the use of co-modality, with effective localised infrastructure and transhipment points.

Director Witecki, who participated in the plenary session entitled “Look at the freight corridors in the transport policy of the EU” emphasised that the road infrastructure arising in Poland within the past few years meets the requirements set to the green corridors. It is equipped with the latest transport systems and infrastructure protecting the natural environment, and therefore it can successfully constitute a basis for the European “Green Corridors”.

The potential of national roads in the development of intermodal transport was also presented by the Director of the Environment Department of GDDKiA, Paweł Mickiewicz, who participated in one of the theme sessions with his speech “Planning and construction of modern and eco-friendly transport infrastructure based on the example of S3 express road”.

During the meeting, which took place between 21-22 September in Szczecin, participated the representatives of governmental and self-governmental administration, education environments and representatives of the branch, as well as the members of the European Parliament and the representatives of the European Commission.

The conference was accompanied with exhibition “Poland on the road – investments, environment, safety” prepared by GDDKiA. On 80 display panels , inter alia, the latest road investments realised by GDDKiA were presented, as well as engineering solutions protecting the environment and increasing the level of safety on the roads.
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #6704
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowax View Post
[A2] Świecko (D) - Nowy Tomyśl (photos by kmieciu )

Very nice!

But when are they going to open the A2 from Świecko to Nowy Tomyśl?
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #6705
jeremiash

Likes (Received): 74

Rumors say somewhere around the beginning of december.
jeremiash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #6706
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Actually it's not a rumor but official date - December 1st.
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 01:46 AM   #6707
Uppsala

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
Actually it's not a rumor but official date - December 1st.
Ok, so that means from December 1st there is a motorway from Łódź to Berlin?
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:37 AM   #6708
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
Ok, so that means from December 1st there is a motorway from Łódź to Berlin?
An official date does not guarantee it will open on time. I drove that way a month ago and I'm more confident about the western part than about the eastern part. As you can see in the photos above, the western part is already in use on a 1+1 basis on one carriageway and it was a month ago. I'm not sure about now, but a month ago the eastern part was not yet in use.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #6709
Luki_SL

All parts of A2 Świecko-Nowy Tomyśl will be open at the same time. You don`t need to worry, that section Świecko-Rzepin is now 1+1 The builders have enough time to complete te motorway
Old September 27th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #6710
Uppsala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
All parts of A2 Świecko-Nowy Tomyśl will be open at the same time. You don`t need to worry, that section Świecko-Rzepin is now 1+1 The builders have enough time to complete te motorway
The section Świecko-Rzepin is special. That was an old German motorway from 1930s that was not complete.
Old September 27th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #6711
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
Świecko-Rzepin was open 1+1 when I drove it on 25 August. Does anyone know when that opened?

I note that Google now show Paris -> Warsaw at 16 hours 20 minutes, where until very recently they showed 16 hours 30 minutes. I assume these estimates are calculated from cell phone data. I guess the opening of Świecko-Rzepin on a 1+1 basis has resulted in an average trip time reduction of 10 minutes. I'll be checking to see how Google trip time estimation changes after the A2 is fully open from Świecko to Nowy Tomyśl.

Paris -> Warsaw via Wroclaw is still estimated at 17 hours 45 minutes, so I guess they haven't updated it since the A8 bypass opened.
Old September 27th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #6712
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19357

A6 around Szczecin turns 75 years today. It opened in 1936, together with a long section of what is now German A11.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 11:55 AM   #6713
E2rdEm
prostownik

Likes (Received): 1201

Small correction: only 2,7 km of A6 near the border was opened in 1936. The rest of the autobahn around Stettin was opened in 1937. Source: http://autobahn-online.de/ausserdeutschestrecken.html
Old September 27th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #6714
ja.centy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
A6 around Szczecin turns 75 years today. It opened in 1936, together with a long section of what is now German A11.
It seems you're right. The 113-km section between Berlin and Szczecin South (Kołbaskowo at present) was officially opened by Hermann Göring on that date, as per Wiki.

So, having any party today?
ja.centy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #6715
Luki_SL

In the end of this week A1 Maciejów (DK88)-Sośnica(A4/44) will be opened
Old September 27th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #6716
kmieciu
-_-_-_-_-_-

Likes (Received): 1869

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Świecko-Rzepin was open 1+1 when I drove it on 25 August. Does anyone know when that opened?

I note that Google now show Paris -> Warsaw at 16 hours 20 minutes, where until very recently they showed 16 hours 30 minutes. I assume these estimates are calculated from cell phone data. I guess the opening of Świecko-Rzepin on a 1+1 basis has resulted in an average trip time reduction of 10 minutes. I'll be checking to see how Google trip time estimation changes after the A2 is fully open from Świecko to Nowy Tomyśl.

Paris -> Warsaw via Wroclaw is still estimated at 17 hours 45 minutes, so I guess they haven't updated it since the A8 bypass opened.
Świecko - Rzepin was opened in April 2011.
Here you have scheme of work progress. Largest delay was on section Torzym - Jordanowo (S3).
Nowy Tomyśl - Jordanowo is probably ready in 100% as you can see on this and this video from few months ago.

Last edited by kmieciu; September 27th, 2011 at 12:38 PM.
kmieciu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #6717
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmieciu View Post
Świecko - Rzepin was opened in April 2011.
Here you have scheme of work progress. Largest delay was on section Torzym - Jordanowo (S3).
Nowy Tomyśl - Jordanowo is probably ready in 100% as you can see on this and this video from few months ago.
That's interesting. Thanks.

I'm surprised that they don't go ahead and open Nowy Tomyśl - Jordanowo now as far as DK3. I see no advantage of waiting until December.
Old September 27th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #6718
Luki_SL

Some shots of A2 Świecko-Nowy Tomyśl by Rusonaldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusonaldo View Post

Old September 27th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #6719
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Wow! Looks like somethink from a "Dreamworks" or an "ILM" movie.
Impressive.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #6720
Rombi

Likes (Received): 304

Why this section of A2 motorway is concrete/better/more expensive ?
Rombi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road