daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:35 PM   #6761
aswnl

Likes (Received): 84

Could it be possible to post a similar map, with planned roads in dashed grey ?
(There must be an underlying plan for a complete S10, S69, etcetera)
aswnl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:49 PM   #6762
kooba

Likes (Received): 5155

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswnl View Post
Could it be possible to post a similar map, with planned roads in dashed grey ?
(There must be an underlying plan for a complete S10, S69, etcetera)
On map posted here there is no planned roads because people here on forum decide that we want perfectly accurate map. And you know exactly how road will be going after DŚU (environmental decision) so we don't put anything without this decision.

You can check this http://stadiony.klszarak.org/scc_a_s.swf You have to click second button from bottom-left, and then road number (or "all" button).

As a bonus, you can see the future on this map-application Just click year 2011-2015 on "main page".

Last edited by kooba; October 2nd, 2011 at 11:55 PM.
kooba está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 01:25 AM   #6763
aswnl

Likes (Received): 84

I'm not interested in the exact alignment of the motorways, just in the complete scheme of all planned A- and S-roads, as well as double carriageways DK-roads. (i.e. a complete national road plan for 2040 or later). Is there such a picture anywhere on the internet ?
aswnl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 02:46 AM   #6764
Sponsor

del
Sponsor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 03:40 AM   #6765
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
I'm not interested in the exact alignment of the motorways, just in the complete scheme of all planned A- and S-roads, as well as double carriageways DK-roads. (i.e. a complete national road plan for 2040 or later). Is there such a picture anywhere on the internet ?
Unless I'm massively mistaken, following kooba's instructions and hitting ALL at the end gives a complete picture of planned A- and S- roads and thus a reasonable facsimile of what such a plan would look like. I don't know about DK roads, though...
hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:16 AM   #6766
ja.centy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Maybe 'good old' Wikipedia would help (without DK roads though)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roads_a...ways_in_Poland
ja.centy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:56 AM   #6767
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

DK50 should also be a 2x2 expressway eventually...
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:20 AM   #6768
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Likes (Received): 150

I don't think so... Well there are two others expressways. One is is completed and is 8,6 km long from Katowice to Sosnowiec.

The other one is a concept... From Grudziądz to Augustów

Switek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:26 AM   #6769
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I wonder about DK9. From what I read, it is not an important road, the least important 1-digit road number in Poland. Why didn't they number DK19 as DK9?
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:37 AM   #6770
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

I don't know. This number system is somehow based historically I guess. Anyway DK19 exist and goes almost parallel to Eastern border from Kuźnica Białostocka (BY) to Rzeszów.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:37 AM   #6771
kooba

Likes (Received): 5155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I wonder about DK9. From what I read, it is not an important road, the least important 1-digit road number in Poland. Why didn't they number DK19 as DK9?
From Wikipedia: there was a conception from 1946 to build north-south motorway Gdańsk-Warszawa-Radom-Rzeszów-Czechoslovakia. Later A1 take this function, and only low number left for DK9.
kooba está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:28 PM   #6772
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

I take it Poland's northeast is its least economically productive/dense/urban/whatever? Traffic counts are much too low to justify an S-road? I would venture to guess that as the network gets completed, the S16 will start to seem more and more viable.
hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:42 PM   #6773
Janek0

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
DK50 should also be a 2x2 expressway eventually...
It is even a motorway in the National Spatial Development Concept 2030: http://www.mrr.gov.pl/rozwoj_regiona...apy_150411.pdf (pages 6, 12-14).
Janek0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #6774
bebe.2006
Ekspert

Likes (Received): 458

A1 Grudziądz - Toruń - 62,4 km, building time: 08/2008 - 12/2011 by Skanska www.autostradaa1.pl - will be opened in 10 days:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skml View Post

bebe.2006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #6775
kmieciu
-_-_-_-_-_-

Likes (Received): 1869

S3 Międzyrzecz - Sulechów

S3 Międzyrzecz - Sulechów

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIerdi View Post
Witam,
Kolejne, ciekawsze zdjęcia z nasuwania na obiekcie WS-02:

I chyba najciekawsze:

Pozdrawiam
kmieciu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #6776
bleetz
one.man.army

Likes (Received): 396

Excellent pictures and great progress. When is the whole section scheduled to be opened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switek View Post

I have proposed this one myself some time ago, glad to see that somebody else sees the need for it. Such road would take away a lot of international HGV traffic from Warsaw. Note that the map isn't quite correct in the north east (wrong track for S61/E67) and the busiest section of such road would have to start/end somewhere near Ełk and not Augustów (correct me if I am wrong).

Last edited by bleetz; October 5th, 2011 at 02:59 PM.
bleetz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #6777
ChrisZwolle
Road user

An S16 would be vital for tourism in the region, but traffic volumes are rather low in that area, and rarely exceed 10.000 vehicles per day between towns. If I'm correct they are doing some upgrades here and there that would make it possible to incorporate upgraded sections into a future S16.
Old October 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #6778
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Quote:
An S16 would be vital for tourism in the region, but traffic volumes are rather low in that area, and rarely exceed 10.000 vehicles per day between towns. If I'm correct they are doing some upgrades here and there that would make it possible to incorporate upgraded sections into a future S16.
I can bet that having A2/S5, S10 and S16 the number of tourist traffic between April and October woulld increase because Masuria would be opened for Western tourist as well.
Old October 5th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #6779
bleetz
one.man.army

Likes (Received): 396

Quote:
I drove through Olsztyn (from Lithuania towards Germany via DK16) a few years ago and the roads there are not adequate enough to lure HGVs and international traffic away from the S8-Warsaw-A2 option (which is still much quicker and less dangerous). If DK16 was was rebuilt to expressway standard, it would be the shortest route for all Baltic and some of Belarussian and Russian traffic to/from the west and so traffic numbers would increase significantly straight away. I definitely see economic sense in that road. I am not sure how viable this is though, I was told by someone in this thread earlier that those areas are very eco-sensitive and so even if they did build a road like that, they would probably limit truck numbers that pass through it. Not sure how much truth there is in this, would be interesting to hear more opinions.
Old October 5th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #6780
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Now that the contracts are signed for S8 between Łask and interchange Wrocław (A1), what is the status of the A1 missing link between Stryków and Tuszyn? The last leg of S8 from Rzgów to A1 cannot be opened without an A1 there, I suppose...

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road