daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 11th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #6861
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That's the nature of the Polish pronunciation, which is quite different from other European languages. I don't think many non-Poles can correctly pronounce places like Łódź, Rzeszów or crazy Świętochłowice.
Try Brzęczkowice or Murzasichle

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Silesia Superior
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #6862
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2771

U/C A1 on the way to Gdansk.

Old October 11th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #6863
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Likes (Received): 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaskovitz View Post
Pfffff!!!

Most Poles fails with that:

"No i cóż, że ze Szwecji?"
Switek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #6864
kmieciu
-_-_-_-_-_-

Likes (Received): 1869

History of the construction of expressways and highways in Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikes View Post
How many existing km's of motorway does Poland have now, and how many is U/C currently? It should be close to 1600km/1300km.

Any news about when A1 will be completed until Gdansk? I drove there and back on the weekend, I saw 5 accidents, one was my own (police crashed into me). I've driven all around Ukraine, and I never saw so terrible driving habits like in Poland. People think 3 cars can fit on 2 lanes, and if you, as a driver going in your own lane will not move to the right (risking to hit any obstacle, car or even people there) then you will crash. It's insane.
Here you have great map in flash, History of the construction of expressways and highways in Poland.
kmieciu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #6865
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2771

2013 starts to look good! I guess it's a very optimistic map, but still. Also why is this that Warsaw has the worst motorway connection with other cities? Gdansk, Poznan, Krakow, Lodz are all better.
Old October 11th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #6866
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

Will they actually keep the border crossing near Świecko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sławek View Post
Nie wiem czy to już było - granica autostrad w Świecku - projekt:

ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #6867
kmieciu
-_-_-_-_-_-

Likes (Received): 1869

Quote:
Will they actually keep the border crossing near Świecko?
There is Border Guard headquarter and in case of temporary border control they need place to control the drivers.

Documentation is prepared for the new A2 course, new variant runs on the south side of the Border Guard buildings. It begins with bridge dilatation and ends at the newly rebuilt concrete section.

S3 Międzyrzecz - Sulechów

Section I
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmieciu View Post

Section II

Quote:
Section III
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

S3 Gorzów - Międzyrzecz Section II

Quote:

Last edited by kmieciu; October 11th, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
kmieciu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #6868
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Quote:
That's the nature of the Polish pronunciation, which is quite different from other European languages. I don't think many non-Poles can correctly pronounce places like Łódź, Rzeszów or crazy Świętochłowice.
I agree. I was surprised the first time I heard Łódź. If written as pronounced, in English Łódź would be "Wudz" or something like that.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #6869
kooba

Likes (Received): 5155

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I agree. I was surprised the first time I heard Łódź. If written as pronounced, in English Łódź would be "Wudz" or something like that.
More-less, but "ź" sound is completely different than "z", and I don't think there is anything similar in English. This way Wrocław is something like Vrozwav
kooba está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #6870
piotr71

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
It is, the photo is of A4. Well, if Chris says there are some problems then there probably are, but I haven't heard anything about it. The section between the border and Krzyżowa is new and I consider it a very high quality road, unlike the section from Krzyżowa to Wrocław (which is in very poor shape).
There are some cracks and potholes on former A18 bit between Krzyżowa and Krzywa. Only apparent problem with new stretch of A4 is partly wiped off white line separating hard shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
A4 AFTER Wrocklaw, A38 in Germany, most French tollroads, new A4 between Turin and Milan, recent refurbished roads in the Netherlands, large parts of the newly refurbished A3 in Germany (..)
Apart from the Italian one I know all of these motorways very well, driving on many times a year (A38 - 3 weeks ago) must say You are talking rubbish or suspension of your vehicle (a van?) needs a serious attention. All new German motorways, built with concrete, represent the same level of quality. No less, no more.

Last edited by piotr71; October 11th, 2011 at 07:34 PM.
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #6871
Don Vito KurDeBalanz
zdradziecka morda

Likes (Received): 19359

Quote:
Yeah, but there are not many Poles who wouldn't have slight difficulties to pronounce: Chrząszczrzeboszyce powiat Łękołody
Don Vito KurDeBalanz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #6872
revolta
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Brzyskorzystewko
revolta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #6873
mdhookey

Likes (Received): 35

I noticed on the most recent map that the DSU was completed for the northern part of S11 near Koszalin, but I guess there won't be any movement on it for a while, right? Fairly low priority?
mdhookey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #6874
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17434

From : http://gddkia.gov.pl/article/9968/th...agados-company
Quote:
The most advantageous bid for the construction of S17 between the nodes Dąbrowica and Lubartów has been submitted by Dragados company.

Lublin Division of the General Directorate For National Roads and Motorways executing the judgement of the National Appeal Chamber as of 21st September current year, has invalidated the choice of the most advantageous bid for the construction of section of the expressway S17 between the nodes Dąbrowica and Lubartów (task no. 3). After making a second evaluation of the submitted bids a Spanish company Dragados has been chosen.

Let us remind here that in the second stage of the tender proceedings 13 bids have been received. The Spanish company has proposed the lowest price, but the contents of the bid has not corresponded to the Terms of Reference, which has been the cause for its rejection. Dragados has made an appeal to the National Appeal Chamber and as a result the first choice of the most advantageous bid had to be invalidated.

The Spanish company has valued the construction of a two-road expressway with three lanes between the nodes Dąbrowica (without a node) and Lubartów (along with a node) of the length 10.2 km at 474 801 609.99 PLN. Within the scope of the investment a connection will be built along the national road no. 19 leading from the Lubartów node to the administrative boundaries of Lublin, a network of access roads of the total length of 27.3 km, acoustic baffles of the length 13.6 km, seventeen engineering structures (14 viaducts and three footbridges) as well as eight passages for small and medium animals (independent and combined with the engineering structures or culverts). The contractor will have 24 months realisation of the investment from the date of signing the contract.
From: http://gddkia.gov.pl/article/9968/th...agados-company

Quote:
The most advantageous bid for the construction of S17 between the nodes Dąbrowica and Lubartów has been submitted by Dragados company.

Lublin Division of the General Directorate For National Roads and Motorways executing the judgement of the National Appeal Chamber as of 21st September current year, has invalidated the choice of the most advantageous bid for the construction of section of the expressway S17 between the nodes Dąbrowica and Lubartów (task no. 3). After making a second evaluation of the submitted bids a Spanish company Dragados has been chosen.

Let us remind here that in the second stage of the tender proceedings 13 bids have been received. The Spanish company has proposed the lowest price, but the contents of the bid has not corresponded to the Terms of Reference, which has been the cause for its rejection. Dragados has made an appeal to the National Appeal Chamber and as a result the first choice of the most advantageous bid had to be invalidated.

The Spanish company has valued the construction of a two-road expressway with three lanes between the nodes Dąbrowica (without a node) and Lubartów (along with a node) of the length 10.2 km at 474 801 609.99 PLN. Within the scope of the investment a connection will be built along the national road no. 19 leading from the Lubartów node to the administrative boundaries of Lublin, a network of access roads of the total length of 27.3 km, acoustic baffles of the length 13.6 km, seventeen engineering structures (14 viaducts and three footbridges) as well as eight passages for small and medium animals (independent and combined with the engineering structures or culverts). The contractor will have 24 months realisation of the investment from the date of signing the contract.
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #6875
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

I thought it was the S19 rather than the S17 which goes through Lubartów.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #6876
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

They all do S12 + S17 + S19
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #6877
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

Quote:

I can accurately pronounce places like Łódź, Rzeszów or Świętochłowice.
But then I am half Polish and have been to Poland many times where my clear pronounciation is praised by locals and my relatives alike
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #6878
Piekarz
HD Rider

Likes (Received): 881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

I thought it was the S19 rather than the S17 which goes through Lubartów.
In fact the S17 does not go through Lubartów, but we have the junction (node) named "Lubartów" on Lublin by-pass, which is far from Lubartów (city). I hope the name of node will be changed to Lublin-North.
Piekarz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #6879
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piekarz View Post
In fact the S17 does not go through Lubartów, but we have the junction (node) named "Lubartów" on Lublin by-pass, which is far from Lubartów (city). I hope the name of node will be changed to Lublin-North.
Ah! Now I understand. Thank you for the explanation.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #6880
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhookey View Post
I noticed on the most recent map that the DSU was completed for the northern part of S11 near Koszalin, but I guess there won't be any movement on it for a while, right? Fairly low priority?
Pretty much correct. DSU is very important and if I am not mistaken it expires in 4 years so there will be movement before its expiration for sure. Key thing to remember is EU's budget for infrastructure for 2013-2020. If it meets or exceeds what we got last time there should be funds allocated for this particular expressway.

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road