daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 2nd, 2011, 10:51 PM   #7241
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

What happened to the S17 in Warsaw? Was environmental approval cancelled? Expired?
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2011, 10:55 PM   #7242
Agnette

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaskovitz View Post
Newest!
Great job!
Just two questions, first about Serock bypass (don't see it on the map), second about the new section of A2 (why it's white, not yellow?).

Last edited by Agnette; December 2nd, 2011 at 11:00 PM.
Agnette no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2011, 11:42 PM   #7243
Halfpipesaur
( ͡░ ͜ʖ ͡░)

Likes (Received): 317

1: Serock Bypass is not marked as expressway. It has 100 km/h speed limit.
2: White colour means the motorway is toll free.
Halfpipesaur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:33 AM   #7244
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

What is "ZiZ" on the map legend ? (Przetarg ZiZ, umowa ZiZ)

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:50 AM   #7245
jeremiash

Likes (Received): 74

ZiZ is design-build, so the company first designs the stretch themselves, then they build it. The pink color, signed as "umowa ziz" means that that stretch is still in the designing phase. Przetarg means tender, umowa means contract.
jeremiash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 03:00 AM   #7246
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaskovitz View Post

When I see this map I can see one interesting thing. It can be possible to go from Berlin to Kaliningrad only on motorway or similar. When the A1 from Toruń to Strykˇw is open it is possible to use the A2 from Germany and the take A1 to Gdańsk. Later when the S22 is finished it is possible to take S7 from Gdańsk to Elbląg. And from Elbląg the S22 to Kaliningrad.

Yes I know, this is not logic. It's only something for motorway fans like us. I know that. But it makes Kaliningrad to a part of the European motorway network at last.

And this can even be better. The S5 is going to make this even better. And if they rebuild the DK22 from Elbląg to A1 this could be a quite good way to use if someone want to go from for example Berlin to Kaliningrad in the future.

But I dont know if there is any plans to rebuilding that part of DK22 from A1 to Elbląg to a motorway/Expressway called A22 or S22 there. But i think that can be a good idea.

So maybe in the future it is possible to go from Berlin to Kaliningrad at German A12, Polish A2, A1, S7 and S22. And later maybe at German A12, Polish A2, S5, A1 and S22. This could be a quite good route.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 03:36 AM   #7247
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyPL View Post
They are mentiond both because first the Świecko - Rzepiń stretch was opend and 12h later the wole section.
Oh, it's clear now, thanks.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 09:37 AM   #7248
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Likes (Received): 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
When I see this map I can see one interesting thing. It can be possible to go from Berlin to Kaliningrad only on motorway or similar. When the A1 from Toruń to Strykˇw is open it is possible to use the A2 from Germany and the take A1 to Gdańsk. Later when the S22 is finished it is possible to take S7 from Gdańsk to Elbląg. And from Elbląg the S22 to Kaliningrad.

Yes I know, this is not logic. It's only something for motorway fans like us. I know that. But it makes Kaliningrad to a part of the European motorway network at last.

And this can even be better. The S5 is going to make this even better. And if they rebuild the DK22 from Elbląg to A1 this could be a quite good way to use if someone want to go from for example Berlin to Kaliningrad in the future.

But I dont know if there is any plans to rebuilding that part of DK22 from A1 to Elbląg to a motorway/Expressway called A22 or S22 there. But i think that can be a good idea.

So maybe in the future it is possible to go from Berlin to Kaliningrad at German A12, Polish A2, A1, S7 and S22. And later maybe at German A12, Polish A2, S5, A1 and S22. This could be a quite good route.
The main idea of highways and expressways network in Poland is to connect main Polish cities, thus S22 is not even planned.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 10:40 AM   #7249
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
What happened to the S17 in Warsaw? Was environmental approval cancelled? Expired?
As far as I remember, there has been a problem with S17 because ... they found a rare kind of fish (or frog?) there a couple of months ago

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 10:44 AM   #7250
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switek View Post
The main idea of highways and expressways network in Poland is to connect main Polish cities, thus S22 is not even planned.
But we have plans about DK22 2x2 GP Class like Malbork bypass

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Silesia Superior
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 10:57 AM   #7251
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Fine. There's no too many good roads in Poland
Old December 3rd, 2011, 11:23 AM   #7252
ionutz_08

Likes (Received): 102

can you translate the map? for me who doesn't speak polish it's a little bit hard to understand it. thanks in advance
Old December 3rd, 2011, 11:39 AM   #7253
earth intruder
Dubaj mnie nie kręci

Likes (Received): 305

Green - Constructed
Red -Under construction
Pink - Singed, in project.
Yellow -Tender
Blue - Environmental decision
earth intruder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:41 PM   #7254
Andrzej_3598

Likes (Received): 11

Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutz_08 View Post
can you translate the map? for me who doesn't speak polish it's a little bit hard to understand it. thanks in advance
You have translation here: http://sites.google.com/site/sscplas/. I am updating this website every quarter. You may see quaterly progress and yearly progress of A and S roads construction in Poland.
Andrzej_3598 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 02:23 PM   #7255
Agnette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfpipesaur View Post
...2: White colour means the motorway is toll free.
Thanx, but I see PPO near Rzepin?
Old December 3rd, 2011, 02:38 PM   #7256
toonczyk
autostradożerca

The new stretch of A2 is going to be toll free until 31.05.2012. Special offer to attract more drivers
Old December 3rd, 2011, 05:39 PM   #7257
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
As far as I remember, there has been a problem with S17 because ... they found a rare kind of fish (or frog?) there a couple of months ago
So ... what happens next? Will they try to find a new route? Will they change the design of the road to reduce the impact on the fish or frogs?
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:02 PM   #7258
Agnette

One more question about A2. I don't understand the map (little bit too much dates on it) when stretch Strykˇw-Konotopa (A2) will be opened?
Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:11 PM   #7259
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Here you have an alternative map with deadlines of particular sections. http://ssc-mapa.googlecode.com/svn/t...ka-igorsel.png

According to it three sections are planned to be completed on June 2012, two others on October 2012..

Last edited by Switek; December 3rd, 2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Switek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:13 PM   #7260
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnette View Post
One more question about A2. I don't understand the map (little bit too much dates on it) when stretch Strykˇw-Konotopa (A2) will be opened?
It has been divided into five (5) separate sections which are simultaneously being built. It is expected that the A2 will be completed, and will reach Konotopa (Warsaw) in June 2012.
J@nek no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road