daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 16th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #7341
Janek0

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnette View Post
The better/faster way is to send your report to TeleAtlas:

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapf...hp?Language=en
No, it is not, because Google uses outdated PPWK data for Poland instead of TeleAtlas.
Janek0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2011, 12:28 AM   #7342
bigalowski

Likes (Received): 1

In my modest opinion it is companies responsibility to upgrage new roads on their maps. Users should not be involved in sending REPORTS, etc. Sounds ridiculous to me. These companies don't seem to care at all about posting new roads. Take, for example Viamichelin. It's my favourite route planner. However they leg behind big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnette View Post
The better/faster way is to send your report to TeleAtlas:

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapf...hp?Language=en
bigalowski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #7343
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Latest (yesterday's) A1 pics from noah_pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah_pl View Post
Ostatni raz męczę was MA532. Z 16.12.2011.

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #7344
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalowski View Post
In my modest opinion it is companies responsibility to upgrage new roads on their maps. Users should not be involved in sending REPORTS, etc. Sounds ridiculous to me. These companies don't seem to care at all about posting new roads. Take, for example Viamichelin. It's my favourite route planner. However they leg behind big time.

Viamichelin?! This map is 4-5 years old!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Silesia Superior
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #7345
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Likes (Received): 150

Seems no one has announced that S74 in Kielce was opened today morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kflis View Post
Na zachętę minutowy, ukradziony z kieleckiego Echa Dnia

http://www.echodnia.eu/apps/pbcs.dll...0104/116595147
Old December 17th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #7346
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalowski View Post
In my modest opinion it is companies responsibility to upgrage new roads on their maps. Users should not be involved in sending REPORTS, etc. Sounds ridiculous to me. These companies don't seem to care at all about posting new roads.
In principle, I think users sending reports of new roads to the mapping companies is fine. Someday, mapping companies might be able to rely on software to automatically compare new satellite photos with existing maps to search for new roads. Until that works and perhaps even still when that works, user reports may be faster. The problem I have is that it takes TeleAtlas about two months to verify every report I send them and then several more months before the road shows up in Google maps or Google Earth. A week should be enough time to verify a user report and then another month should be enough time to update the maps.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 03:31 AM   #7347
Deo
You know...

Likes (Received): 439

S74: Cedzyna - Kielce

Deo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #7348
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

Loving the S74 Cedyna-Kielce. It looks so like the S8 in Warsaw.
Wonder why there isn't much traffic on the S74 though - doesn't anybody want to make a quick exit and entrance into Kielce? It will greatly speed up the traffic into and out of the town. This what Poland needs - more urban expressways like the S8 in Warsaw and the S74 with grade seperated interchanges.
Looking forward to seeing the S74 being extended eastwards from Kielce in the future and the new look S7 Kielce bypass (2012) with grade seperated interchanges
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #7349
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17443

From : http://www.gddkia.gov.pl/en/a/10312/...expressway-S74
Quote:
From Kielce to Cedzyna we will drive on the new expressway S74

The new outlet of the expressway S74 from Kielce to Cedzyna towards Lublin and Rzeszów will be opened on Saturday. The seven-kilometre long road is partially placed in the city centre (within the city limits – 2.7 km, outside limits of Kielce – 4.1 km) for that reason, in order not to increase pre-Christmas traffic jams, the traffic on that road will be released in hours of the minimal traffic volume.

With the opening of the 7-kilometer long stretch of the expressway S74 the drivers will benefit from the new, convenient and collision-free outlet from Kielce towards Lublin and Rzeszów and the townspeople will be relieved of the transit traffic. Consequently, the traffic organisation will be changed in that area and therefore we appeal for a special care and for an attention to new horizontal and vertical signs.

Transit drivers from Łódź towards Lublin and Rzeszów should head for the expressway S74 just after the crossroads junction of two roads of Kielce – the Świętokrzyska Street and the Warszawska Street – by choosing the proper lane and entering the tunnel under the Aleja Solidarności. It is also possible to enter the expressway towards Cedzyna using the slip road junction that has been built in the area of the crossroads of the Aleja Solidarności and the Świętokrzyska Street in the city of Kielce. Due to changes in the traffic organisation the traffic lights on the crossroads of the Aleja Solidarności and the Świętokrzyska Street will be switched. Furthermore, the signal lights on the crossroads of the Aleja Solidarności and the Świętokrzyska Street will be activated. It will be possible to enter the stretch of the expressway from Kielce on the junction in the area of the crossroads of the Świętokrzyska Street and the Aleja Solidarności, as well as in Cedzyna. In the latter, a roundabout communicating, in a collision free manner, the expressway S74 with the existing course of the route number 74 will be opened both towards Kielce and Opatów and also with the district road towards Leszczyny. The local traffic along the whole investment will support the network of newly built access roads.

Information about investment:

The new outlet of the expressway S74 from Kielce to Cedzyna towards Lublin and Rzeszów is nearly seven-kilometres long (within the city limits – 2.7 km, outside limits of Kielce – 4.1 km). The project assumed a construction of a junction together with a tunnel within the course of the Świętokrzyska Street that is the road number 74 under the Aleja Solidarności that is the national road number 73. Furthermore, within the framework of the investment the new two-lane carriageway being an extension of the Świętokrzyska Street towards Cedzyna has been built.

The entire eastern outlet has the characteristics of an expressway that is why there is no single-level crossroads provided on that stretch. Within the framework of the investment, among others, the pedestrian footbridge over the Świętokrzyska Street in Kielce, the viaduct over the carriageway S74 interconnecting the Żniwna Street with the Świętokrzyska Academy, the viaduct within the course of the route number 74 over the district road towards Wola Kopcowa, the viaduct within the course of the local road being the access road to farmlands over the road number 74, the bridge over the Lubrzanka River and also the roundabout in Cedzyna in the area of the connection of the new outlet with the existing road number 74 have been built.

The municipal stretch of the eastern outlet has been implemented under the “design and build” system, within the framework of which a contractor selected in a single tender is supposed to develop a project and to accomplish an investment. The extra-urban stretch had been previously designed by the Transpojekt Warszawa bureau. The tender for the implementation of the investment and for the design of the intra-urban stretch has been won by the consortium created by the Przedsiębiorstwo Robót Inżynieryjnych “Fart” Spółka z o. o. from Kielce, the Mosty-Łódź SA, as well as the Fardub Consultin sp. z o. o. from Kielce and amounted nearly PLN 285 millions. The contract was signed on 24 April 2009. The construction of the eastern outlet took 30 months and has been completed on time.

From: http://www.gddkia.gov.pl/en/a/10324/...oad-of-Miekowo
Quote:
It is now possible to use both carriageways of the bypass road of Miękowo

Today in the afternoon hours drivers will drive the new carriageway of the bypass road of Miękowo. For a half of a year before the contractual completion date it is already possible to use both carriageways of the bypass road. The ultimate traffic organisation will be introduced on the route. Since July of this year one carriageway of the bypass has been operating on principles of the temporary traffic organisation with speed limits of 50 and 70 kilometres per hour and with an overtaking ban. Within next few days after making the second carriageway available for traffic, the elements of the temporary traffic organisation will gradually be abolished. Therefore, because there might occur some traffic congestions, we appeal to drivers for special care.

The bypass road of Miękowo emerged on the national road number 3, the main route towards the sea. Just before the village the road narrowed from two to one lane, which - combined with the speed limit of 50 kilometres per hour - induced long traffic jams.

The bypass road of Miękowo is the two-lane expressway with two traffic lanes in both directions and of total length of 4.8 kilometres. The bypass passes Miękowo round from the west taking the transit traffic outside the village. The junction Miękowo has been built on the bypass connecting it with the district road towards Stepnica. The Wolińska Street from Goleniów crossing previously the national road number three has been rearranged and now runs alongside the national road straight to Miękowo.

The construction of the bypass of Miękowo within the course of the national road number 3 has begun in December 2009. The project is being co-financed by the European Union from the Cohesion Fund under the Operational Programme “Infrastructure and Environment”. The total costs of the project implementation amounted PLN 65,000,000.00. The value of the EU subsidies amounted PLN 50,196,161.00.

The length of the investment: 4.8 km

The class of the road: S

The design speed of the road: 100 km/h

The width of the carriageway: 2 x (2 x 3.5m)

The width of emergency lanes: 2 x 2.50 m

The width of the median: 4.0 m

Road junctions: 1

Viaducts: 2

Culverts: 3

Access road passages: 1

Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:13 PM   #7350
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
This what Poland needs - more urban expressways like the S8 in Warsaw and the S74 with grade seperated interchanges.
Looking forward to seeing the S74 being extended eastwards from Kielce in the future and the new look S7 Kielce bypass (2012) with grade seperated interchanges
I drove the S7 from Krakow to Warsaw in late July this year. It was a wretched trip. I fail to understand why the S7 has been such a low priority.
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #7351
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I drove the S7 from Krakow to Warsaw in late July this year. It was a wretched trip. I fail to understand why the S7 has been such a low priority.
Because in other regions is much worse?
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #7352
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Right now is the time to make S7 the next corridor-wide project. Not some sections here and there but the entire route from Gdansk to Kraków, much like S8 Wroclaw - Warszawa is being done currently.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #7353
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switek View Post
Because in other regions is much worse?
Except for the DK2 before the A2 opened, I haven't seen anything worse. I'm curious what's worse.
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #7354
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9102

Oh, DK4 east of Kraków defeats all - with its long streches without possibility of overtaking and trucks, but there will be A4 soon. Problems as at DK7 between Kraków and Kielce are also at DK11 (especially in Kępno, Jarocin and Oborniki, I think), DK12 (Radom) and DK16.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #7355
Rombi

Likes (Received): 305

I think A1 strech from Piotrkow Trybunalski to Gliwice should have the highest priority.
Bo właśnie w podróży, rano, w obcym mieście, zanim druga kawa zacznie działać, doświadcza się najmocniej dziwności własnego, pozornie banalnego bytu. Podróż jest po prostu stosunkowo zdrowym rodzajem narkotyku.
Andrzej Stasiuk
Rombi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:50 PM   #7356
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Except for the DK2 before the A2 opened, I haven't seen anything worse. I'm curious what's worse.
All depends on average daily traffic...
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #7357
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_ View Post
Oh, DK4 east of Kraków defeats all - with its long streches without possibility of overtaking and trucks, but there will be A4 soon.
Right, the A4 is under construction and it will remain a mess at the border and on the Ukrainian side for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_ View Post
Problems as at DK7 between Kraków and Kielce are also at DK11 (especially in Kępno, Jarocin and Oborniki, I think), DK12 (Radom) and DK16.
I haven't driven the DK11 but I expect that the S5 will relieve the traffic between Katowice and Poznan. I agree that Radom is a parking lot, but I think the S7 bypass of Radom will help alleviate the DK12 there. I've driven the DK16 several times. I don't think it's especially bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombi View Post
I think A1 strech from Piotrkow Trybunalski to Gliwice should have the highest priority.
I've driven between Piotrków Trybunalski and Gliwice. I didn't think it was particularly bad. I've averaged over 100 km/h from Piotrków Trybunalski to Gliwice (during the daytime).
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #7358
Janek0

Likes (Received): 450

Another reason is that from Cracow to Warsaw you can drive 2x2 all way by taking A4-S1-1-(S)8.
Janek0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #7359
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

mcarling, I fully agree with you. We already said that, but S7 should be a real priority for the Polish government (not only for the traffic between the 3 big cities between the North & the South of Poland, but also for the development of the Tricity port & tourism.

Although the Radom - Kraków DK-7 is just horrible to drive (except the Skarżysko-Kamienna - Kielce section), the most horrible road I've ever driven in Poland (in terms of asphalt quality & wideness, traffic volumes & average speed) was the DK-46 Opole-Lubliniec-Częstochowa. They should really do something there !

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #7360
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Eventually an S46 would make sense, but maybe after 2025.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road