daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #7361
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

2025 shall be very late ! They should at least make an S46 as a single carriageway with a 100 km/h limit ...

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #7362
Sasza
Człoooowieku

Likes (Received): 4736

Look at much we must construct. There a lot of roads need to be build faster.
Sasza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #7363
Clash_tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post

the most horrible road I've ever driven in Poland (in terms of asphalt quality & wideness, traffic volumes & average speed) was the DK-46 Opole-Lubliniec-Częstochowa. They should really do something there !
Now it is much better.
Clash_tekin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #7364
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
2025 shall be very late ! They should at least make an S46 as a single carriageway with a 100 km/h limit ...
If I had 1,000,000,000,000 euro, I would build it for you, but I would complete the S7 first.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #7365
Warsawbynight

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_tekin View Post
Now it is much better.
Now S-46 Opole-Częstochowa is almost in perfect condition. I can't understand anyone complaining about the pavement or anything else; maybe that it's not a proper motorway, but anyway it's a real pleasure driving it nowadays
Old December 20th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #7366
kalle_sg

Likes (Received): 2244

There is no such thing as S46. Never was and never will be (according to the current plans anyway). And the road 46 is not even remotely a "proper motorway".
kalle_sg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #7367
drowningman666

Likes (Received): 413

I think that the biggest problem with DK 46 is that it is totally inadequate to the traffic that it holds. It's mostly narrow, curvy and passes thru many villages, never ending trucks overtaking is a nightmare over there
Old December 20th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #7368
Sasza
Człoooowieku

Likes (Received): 4736

So use combination of A4/DK1 instead.
Sasza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #7369
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

You advise people to take a 100 kilometer detour?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #7370
MajKeR_
¡La Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9111

It's possible if they must choose the "fast" route, because, for their own reason, smooth and little crowded DK is too unconfortable for them.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #7371
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

@ChrisZwolle, Sasza, drowningman666
- each time I drive from Warsaw to the Nysa region, I drive through the Katowice agglomeration. Longer distance, but much more secure & less stressing.

But I agree with mcarling fully - S7 must be finished first ! Just as A3, S8 from A1 to Syców and S17 Warsaw - Lublin. Those are roads desperately needing to be widened. If it shall be toll motorways instead of free expressways, then so be it. The lives of thousands of people has no price ...

A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
Old December 20th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #7372
mcarling

Quote:
I agree with mcarling fully - S7 must be finished first ! Just as A3, S8 from A1 to Syców and S17 Warsaw - Lublin. Those are roads desperately needing to be widened.
I would say the S8 should be a priority all the way through Warsaw at least to Ostrów Mazowiecka, but I think the S7 is more urgent -- even though I personally use the S8 more. Anyway, I don't want to sound like a whiner. I'm quite happy with the rate of recent progress. Every time I drive across Poland I find a route with a stretch of new highway that didn't exist the last time I drove across. That means taking a somewhat different route every time.
Old December 20th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #7373
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

True! But you know how it is: the more you have the more you want A key to fast progress ?

P.S.: if these priorities were personal to me, I'd choose the A2, but it's already being built

Old December 20th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #7374
mcarling

Quote:
if these priorities were personal to me, I'd choose the A2, but it's already being built
If I were making funding decisions on behalf of the Polish government, the A2 between Łódź and Warsaw would be my top priority, followed by the A1 between Toruń and Katowice, then the S7 between Warsaw and Kraków, and finally the S8 from Syców to Białystok. However, if I were making funding decisions on behalf of the EU, my top priority would the A1 to the CZ border, followed by the A4 to the UA border, the A18 (second profile), the S3 to the CZ border, and then the S61 to the LT border. Of course, many of these are already funded.
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:39 PM   #7375
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2286

The priority #1 in Poland should be the construction of an outer ring road for Warsaw in my freaking view. I guess most of you haven't traveled on DK50 and haven't seen heavy traffic in action, poor rounabouts in Góra Kalwaria and other crossings handling this massive flow, cause you closed down truck transit through Warsaw completely. And there isn't a proper detour in the Northern part for those who are coming from LT to Germany, you have to make several pointless turns, drive through several villages/towns, waste fuel at red lights in Legionowo town and so on. If I'm not mistaken, then Warsaw is the only capital in EU (with a population of 2 mio!), that has no proper ring road. Building A2 is meh, I've driven several times on it, it was always empty. Most peaople don't want to pay, so they use good old DK2 instead.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #7376
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
The priority #1 in Poland should be the construction of an outer ring road for Warsaw in my freaking view.
Unfortunately in Poles' perception, Warsaw is already overprivileged and we do not deserve a ring road. But whatever the reasoning, right now it is very unlikely S2 and S17 around Warsaw will be finished any time soon. Finishing S2 alone will cost over 1,5 billion EUR and that's just 19km of new road, while the same amount of money would buy 150-200km of expressway elsewhere. It's a tough political decision to spend so much money on the capital city.
Old December 21st, 2011, 12:09 AM   #7377
Yamamoto

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
The priority #1 in Poland should be the construction of an outer ring road for Warsaw in my freaking view. I guess most of you haven't traveled on DK50 and haven't seen heavy traffic in action, poor rounabouts in Góra Kalwaria and other crossings handling this massive flow, cause you closed down truck transit through Warsaw completely. And there isn't a proper detour in the Northern part for those who are coming from LT to Germany, you have to make several pointless turns, drive through several villages/towns, waste fuel at red lights in Legionowo town and so on. If I'm not mistaken, then Warsaw is the only capital in EU (with a population of 2 mio!), that has no proper ring road. Building A2 is meh, I've driven several times on it, it was always empty. Most peaople don't want to pay, so they use good old DK2 instead.
I would certainly vote for an upgrade of the ring DK50/DK62 around Warsaw to expressroad or a complete new s-class ring. It has certainly improved, but the trucks does make it a bit of a pain. There has been some old plans for such a ring, but it is probably still in the drawer somewhere.

Personally I agree that the planning should try to work out corridors, especially to trigger some of the EU funds over the coming years.

Does anyone know the current priorities for the road network?
Yamamoto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 12:18 AM   #7378
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamoto View Post
Does anyone know the current priorities for the road network?
General strategy can be found here:
http://www.transport.gov.pl/files/0/...am20112015.pdf

A general list of priorities is on page 23. Attachment 1a (page 39-40) is a list of sections that are intended to be started as soon as possible, preferably not later than 2013. Attachment 2 (page 41-43) lists sections that are planned for "after 2013" (probably way after).
Old December 21st, 2011, 12:42 AM   #7379
Yamamoto

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
General strategy can be found here:
http://www.transport.gov.pl/files/0/...am20112015.pdf

A general list of priorities is on page 23. Attachment 1a (page 39-40) is a list of sections that are intended to be started as soon as possible, preferably not later than 2013. Attachment 2 (page 41-43) lists sections that are planned for "after 2013" (probably way after).
Thanks, Toonczyk. That is interesting reading, and the priorities do not sounds overly ambitious (= it could actually happen).

However, I am a little puzzled that both S1 and S2, as well as A1 and A2 are on the list.
Yamamoto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 08:35 PM   #7380
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Warsaw's outer bypass will be very hard to make - too many green areas nearby. Las Kabacki (South), Kampinoski Park Narodowy (West) & some forrest also in Eastern Warsaw. They'll certainly be very costly, but they'll be necessary.

About DK50: I prefer driving through Warsaw than driving through that road. It is just overcrowded ...

& to mcarling & RipleyLV: the S61 should really be a priority too as it shall be the only expressway/motorway connection with the Baltics ...

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road