daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 27th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #7421
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

We appreciate the effort of going out, spending time and taking pictures of road works, of course
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2011, 04:06 PM   #7422
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

I appreciate and enjoy the photos. However, I would request that they be limited to about 10 per post. If you have 50 photos to post, I would appreciate it if you would arrange them in 5 posts of 10 photos per post. That helps to keep the pages from taking forever to load.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #7423
Netztal
Cape Town, Bydgoszcz

Likes (Received): 808

Precisely great photos but literally a few would do. We are not geologists or so to watch "tones" of pics of ... tones of sand and enjoy it. Have a mercy bro.
It reminds me my time in a sand pit when I was 5 except that my bulldozer toys were smaller.

Wakacje inaczej
www.caressafrica.com
Netztal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #7424
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

On January 5th 2012 contracts for building all stretches of S8 between Walichnowy and Lask will be signed
Old December 27th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #7425
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonut View Post
On January 5th 2012 contracts for building all stretches of S8 between Walichnowy and Lask will be signed
Very good news Finally most of the S8 between Wrocław and Łódź and Warsaw will be under construction
J@nek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #7426
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Very good news Finally most of the S8 between Wrocław and Łódź and Warsaw will be under construction
Good news indeed, but I wish the S8 were under construction all the way to Białystok. I'm not complaining though. I realize that resources are limited and I'm happy that two sections between Warsaw and Białystok are under construction. I'm confident that the S8 will be complete by 2020 if not sooner.
Old December 27th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #7427
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Good news indeed, but I wish the S8 were under construction all the way to Białystok. I'm not complaining though. I realize that resources are limited and I'm happy that two sections between Warsaw and Białystok are under construction. I'm confident that the S8 will be complete by 2020 if not sooner.
Hm, that S8 between Lodz and Warsaw is a bit problematic. I hope in the future there will be a plan to build S8 extension from Lodz towards somewhere around Rawa Mazowiecka. Otherwise it makes no sense go down to Piotrkow Trybunalski in order to get to Warsaw via S8.
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #7428
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
Hm, that S8 between Lodz and Warsaw is a bit problematic. I hope in the future there will be a plan to build S8 extension from Lodz towards somewhere around Rawa Mazowiecka. Otherwise it makes no sense go down to Piotrkow Trybunalski in order to get to Warsaw via S8.
Right. Based on current plans, it will make much more sense to use the A1 and A2 between Łódź and Warsaw to connect from the S8 to the S8. An S-class road directly from Babichy to Rawa Mazowiecka would make a lot of sense, but in my opinion is not a high priority. I think the next part of the S8 that should be put out to tender after January is Wyszków to Ostrów Mazowiecka.
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #7429
rakcancer

... and Marki's bypass.
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #7430
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
I think they did this on purpose to attract east-west traffic via A2, and leave A1+S8 for Katowice - Warszawa traffic. I think it may not be a bad idea, if you combine N-S + E-W traffic on S8 Piotrków Trybunalski - Warszawa it may need to be widened to 2x3 lanes soon. As far as I know this road already carries 40 000 vehicles per day.
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #7431
rakcancer

You are right Chris. They want people to drive on tolled A2. Beside that there was a clash of two concepts how to build S8. Previous one was to put S8 from Wielun to Piotrkow Trybunalski via Belchatow. In that case it would make sense to stick to S8 all the way from Wroclaw to Warsaw while driving. Few years ago strong Lodz lobby changed that plans and now S8 goes as a southern bypass of that city which is of course very beneficial for people from Lodz.
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #7432
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I think they did this on purpose to attract east-west traffic via A2, and leave A1+S8 for Katowice - Warszawa traffic. I think it may not be a bad idea, if you combine N-S + E-W traffic on S8 Piotrków Trybunalski - Warszawa it may need to be widened to 2x3 lanes soon. As far as I know this road already carries 40 000 vehicles per day.
Yes, but it would need to be 2x3 only from Warsaw to Rawa Mazowiecka -- if at all. That's about 70 kilometers.

I'm still of the opinion that if a good road is not built from Babichy to Rawa Mazowiecka then the need for 2x3 between Łódź and Warsaw will be even greater than the need for 2x3 would be between Warsaw to Rawa Mazowiecka if such a road were built. Anyway, I guess we'll have to wait to see what traffic is like on the DK72 after the local portions of the A1, A2, and S8 are completed.
Old December 28th, 2011, 12:34 AM   #7433
Sponsor

Quote:
I think they did this on purpose to attract east-west traffic via A2, and leave A1+S8 for Katowice - Warszawa traffic.
As far as I know there was a lobby created by Łódź, because S8 was originally meant to go through Bełachatów and Piotrków Trybunalski.
Sponsor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #7434
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Silesia Superior
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #7435
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A little translation may be necessary. I'm not sure if everyone understand Polish.
Old December 28th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #7436
ja.centy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 61

Not yet, anyway...

Seriously though, I agree, a little translation would do no harm.
ja.centy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 07:11 PM   #7437
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Quote:
A little translation may be necessary. I'm not sure if everyone understand Polish.
Translation appears every time these charts pop up over here. Maybe we should make a bilingual version?

-------------

Yet another S8 tenders were signed today - 45 km between Syców and Walichnowy. This means taht starting from January 5th, the whole cection between Wrocław and Łódź will be U/C
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #7438
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Likes (Received): 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
Translation appears every time these charts pop up over here. Maybe we should make a bilingual version?
That's the best option
Old December 28th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #7439
mcarling

Quote:
Maybe we should make a bilingual version?
Yes, I like the idea of a bilingual version.

I have some limited ability to read Polish and I think I understand all these columns even though I don't perfectly understand the labels. I may have some nuances wrong, but here goes:
1. Road number
2. Part (location)
3. Length
4. Contracted (original) completion date
5. Currently expected completion date
6. Difference between 4. and 5. in days (current expectation of lateness)
7. Days until expected completion
8. Days already past 4.
9. Regional contracting authority
10. Contractor
Old December 28th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #7440
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Yet another S8 tenders were signed today - 45 km between Syców and Walichnowy. This means taht starting from January 5th, the whole cection between Wrocław and Łódź will be U/C
Very good news. Do you also know when the contracts of S8 between Walichnowy and Łask were signed?

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road