daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #7461
i15

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post

Most of these routes carry between 5.000 and 10.000 vehicles per day outside the cities.
And that's why there is no expressway. Yeah, route E371 and E71 between Rzesow and Miskolc is important with trucks and cars from many distant countries, but, generally, traffic is low. National road I/73 between Presov and PL border has traffic between 4000 and 8000 v./day. I serously doubt that in 2020 there will be more than 14000 vehicles/day. Bypasses of Presov and Kosice are being prepared to construction in 2014-2015 and it's very possible that it will be finished in 2020.
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2011, 02:10 AM   #7462
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
And that's why there is no expressway. Yeah, route E371 and E71 between Rzesow and Miskolc is important with trucks and cars from many distant countries, but, generally, traffic is low. National road I/73 between Presov and PL border has traffic between 4000 and 8000 v./day. I serously doubt that in 2020 there will be more than 14000 vehicles/day. Bypasses of Presov and Kosice are being prepared to construction in 2014-2015 and it's very possible that it will be finished in 2020.
Maybe the traffic is currently low because a lot of companies anticipate the fact that road infrastructure is poor and simply avoid these sections ?

Anyway, as far as I remember from my trip last summer, on the Polish side, between Rzeszów and Barwinek, there are a lot of 2+1 sections. On the Slovak side, such sections between Vyšnę Komárnik and Prešov and between Košice and Milhosť (and especially some town bypasses) are urgently needed. & in Hungary, between Tornyosnémeti and Miskolc, it is quite O.K. despite the fact it is a single carriageway. Maybe it is because the speed limit for cars is higher (a lot of 110 km/h sections)

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 10:19 AM   #7463
i15

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
Maybe the traffic is currently low because a lot of companies anticipate the fact that road infrastructure is poor and simply avoid these sections ?
I don't think so, all north-south routes have low traffic. Only west-east connections and areas around county towns have higher traffic. And, btw, most trucks from eastern part of Poland have to use Vysny Komarnik/Barwinek pass, because next one open for trucks is Chyzne/Trstena on E77 (more than 160km to the west).

R4 from Kosice to Hungary is u/c and will be finished in 03/2013
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 05:37 PM   #7464
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Silesia Superior
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 06:15 PM   #7465
kooba

Likes (Received): 5156

New on this map is S8 Syców-Kępno-Wieruszów-Walichnowy contract signed. 45 km of awesome 2x2 expressway. 22 months (including winters) starting in January, so we expect it to be done in October 2013.
kooba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 06:30 PM   #7466
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

S19 DSU south of Rzeszów is not on the map yet?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 08:01 PM   #7467
Hetman
EF PD o/Warszawa

DSU for this stretch has not been done yet. It was announced this week that the process for application had been already started. It will take some time.
Hetman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 08:03 PM   #7468
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Ah right, thanks. I thought it was already completed.

What do you guys think, will S3 be finished before S5 or vice versa? (I mean the section between A2 & A4).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 08:09 PM   #7469
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Likes (Received): 150

Quote:

What do you guys think, will S3 be finished before S5 or vice versa? (I mean the section between A2 & A4).
I guess that S3 to Legnica will be completed later than S5 between Poznan and Wrocław. But it's hard to say what will really happen.

Anyway there's official construction plan till 2020

green - roads completed till 2015
red - priority roads to be completed till 2020
yellow - reserve roads to be completed till 2020
blue - highways constructed in PPP system

Last edited by Switek; December 31st, 2011 at 08:21 PM.
Switek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 08:29 PM   #7470
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switek View Post
I guess that S3 to Legnica will be completed later than S5 between Poznan and Wrocław.
That would be logical -- especially from the perspective of the PL government. The EU might or might not see it differently.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 08:33 PM   #7471
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

This is why you should quote me as a whole.
Old January 1st, 2012, 03:42 AM   #7472
jtybinka

Likes (Received): 57

Poland - UK

It`s hard to believe but it looks that end of 2013 motorway network in Poland will reach the level of Great Britain.
Next week they are going to sign contracts for the rest of S8 Wroclaw - Warszawa so end of 2013 we will have about 2900 km motorways (A and S class)
In Great Britain they have about 3500 km (3200 M class motorways and 300 km A roads that are motorway standard)

In UK 3500 km 2x3 motorways for 62 milion people.
In Poland 2900 km 2x2 motorways for 37 milion people
jtybinka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 03:49 AM   #7473
stratotroter

Likes (Received): 21

Oh yeah.. what a success.... Just look at Spain - almost 20 000 km!!! of the highways and motorways for 46 million pple....
stratotroter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 04:47 AM   #7474
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
Hm, that S8 between Lodz and Warsaw is a bit problematic. I hope in the future there will be a plan to build S8 extension from Lodz towards somewhere around Rawa Mazowiecka. Otherwise it makes no sense go down to Piotrkow Trybunalski in order to get to Warsaw via S8.
I have been thinking more about this. With the S12 eventually extending through Radom to Piotrków Trybunalski and the S74 eventually extending through Kielce to Piotrków Trybunalski, I think that it might be better to extend one of them all the way past Bełchatów and Wieluń to interconnect with the S8 at Walichnowy.

Extending the S8 from Łódź to Rawa Mazowiecka seems like it might or might not additionally be justified someday. In the meantime, all the new A-class and S-class roads are good.

Quote:
This is why you should quote me as a whole.
??? The map? The translation? The whole post? I try to quote only enough to provide essential context. Interested readers can follow the thread back to find all the details.
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:48 AM   #7475
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
...??? The map? The translation? The whole post? I try to quote only enough to provide essential context. Interested readers can follow the thread back to find all the details.
You've omitted the second sentence, what changes meaning of whole post a little bit.
Old January 1st, 2012, 10:36 AM   #7476
mcarling

Quote:
You've omitted the second sentence, what changes meaning of whole post a little bit.
Yes, a little bit, but interested readers can go back to your post to find that nuance. I believe the part I quoted fairly represents the essence of your answer to ChrisZwolle's question.

I don't think there is any deterministic way to optimize how much to quote and how much to omit. It's a judgement call and, as I explained above, the subjective criterion I use is quoting just enough to convey essential context. I do not try to repeat every nuance of the posts that I quote.
Old January 1st, 2012, 10:44 AM   #7477
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Do not strain so much! Happy New Year!
Old January 1st, 2012, 11:14 AM   #7478
mcarling

Happy 2012 to Everyone!
Old January 1st, 2012, 01:45 PM   #7479
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
I guess that S3 to Legnica will be completed later than S5 between Poznan and Wrocław. But it's hard to say what will really happen.

Anyway there's official construction plan till 2020

green - roads completed till 2015
red - priority roads to be completed till 2020
yellow - reserve roads to be completed till 2020
blue - highways constructed in PPP system

It's very old map... just look at S6 and S11 near Kołobrzeg

Quote:

S5 will be first. S3 will be banned near Legnica-Lubin etc. Beacause Lignite (Brown Coal) is more important tahn roads And we don't know what to do abut this.

The deposits of brown coal:

Polish text: http://www.lubin.pl/aktualnosci,1743...e_kopalni.html
English(google trans): http://translate.google.pl/translate...e_kopalni.html

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Silesia Superior
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 03:26 PM   #7480
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Quote:
Do not strain so much! Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Happy 2012 to Everyone!
To you too guys !

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road