daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 10th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #7541
kooba

Likes (Received): 5138

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Though, I`m glad if the situation has improved this much since that time
That's the whole point! 2007.. pfff old times

I can visualize it for you. Open this link: http://stadiony.klszarak.org/scc_a_s.swf and click on years at bottom right. Future prediction on this map base only on signed contracts.
kooba no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #7542
toonczyk
autostradożerca

A few graphs to visualize the progress:

Old January 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #7543
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooba View Post
That's the whole point! 2007.. pfff old times

I can visualize it for you. Open this link: http://stadiony.klszarak.org/scc_a_s.swf and click on years at bottom right. Future prediction on this map base only on signed contracts.
Thanks for the link, kooba

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #7544
seszele

Likes (Received): 1142

Quote:
Both Poland & Romania need to increase their pace of construction.

Even combined, this number of motorways is significantly less than that of former Yugoslavia - which has well over 2,500km of motorways, including 250-300km or so that opened last year.
Same old story comes again.. Nobody speaks we have enough of them.But if you take a close look at the development you "must" see in 2014 there will be roughly 2500km more motorway/expressway km than 10 years before(2004).

Crazy Serb, tell me 2 things, please: 1. how this progress in last 10 years looks like in f. Yugoslavia and what was the number in 2004? 2. how big share would take Serbia in this cake, cause I assume that Croatia has quite a significant impact on the figures , that you're bringing up?

I also join to wish to all Romanian people that they will get the speed up of constructions as well. If you triple the number in next 3 years, you surely will.

I wish , I could soon reach beautiful Romanian mountains and coast without a night spent in hotel, down in Hungary
seszele está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #7545
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19357

Also note that Poland did a tremendous job overhauling thousands of kilometers of non-motorways. Road quality improved dramatically in the past 5 years.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #7546
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Both Poland & Romania need to increase their pace of construction.

Even combined, this number of motorways is significantly less than that of former Yugoslavia - which has well over 2,500km of motorways, including 250-300km or so that opened last year.

good evening CrazySerb,

I am very curious, why wyou mentioned former Yugoslavia in your comparison. the present countries which formed Yugoslavia in the past are now completely different with different issues, different geopolitic orientations.

could you elaborate it ?
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #7547
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12011

Quote:
Originally Posted by seszele View Post
I also join to wish to all Romanian people that they will get the speed up of constructions as well. If you triple the number in next 3 years, you surely will.

I wish , I could soon reach beautiful Romanian mountains and coast without a night spent in hotel, down in Hungary
Your wish might just come true. I would estimate that, based on current contracts and works, there will be one complete connection with Hungary's motorway network in 2-3 years tops.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #7548
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Can anybody tell me how much Poland could receive for motorways and expressways in 2007-2013 from the EU? Romania gets about 1.8 billion EUR.
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #7549
and802

Likes (Received): 55

the answer makes sense if you know what kind of funds had to be secured from national budget as well. EU does not finance any project without combination with national money.

otherwords: if you do not have your own money do not dream of EU money.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #7550
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I agree, but I was asking solely for the EU allocations.
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #7551
seszele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Your wish might just come true. I would estimate that, based on current contracts and works, there will be one complete connection with Hungary's motorway network in 2-3 years tops.
Unfortunately to fulfill my wishes completely, it takes a motorway/expressway all the way down from Krakˇw to Budapest or Debrecen too, not only Romanian stretches alone
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #7552
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

This corridor seems to be a bit neglected. Just as the Via Baltica Although the first one is hard to build due to the hilly terrain (that is certainly part of a Natura2000 part - correct me if I'm wrong); whereas the latter would certainly be easier (only Augustˇw bypass being difficult due to ecological reasons ...)

It is quite paradoxical that no motorway/expressway connect directly Poland to its best friends, Hungary ...

A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #7553
kooba

Quote:
Can anybody tell me how much Poland could receive for motorways and expressways in 2007-2013 from the EU? Romania gets about 1.8 billion EUR.
Plan for 2011-2015 is to spend no more than 83 bilion PLN (about 18,5 bln EUR) for road investment. Don't know how much we receive from EU.
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #7554
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Is there any exact schedule for negotiations over this matter ?

Old January 11th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #7555
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
I agree, but I was asking solely for the EU allocations.
Around 11 billion EUR. Operational Programme "Infrastructure and Environment" (with most funds spent on road infrastructure) was (is) the biggest operational programme in the history of EU. More details here:
http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/...v_defL=7&LAN=7
Motorways and expressways were funded from priorities 6 and 8 (with less than 5% of money from those priorities spent on things other than road infrastructure).

Last edited by toonczyk; January 11th, 2012 at 12:18 AM.
toonczyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #7556
seszele

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post

This corridor seems to be a bit neglected. Just as the Via Baltica Although the first one is hard to build due to the hilly terrain (that is certainly part of a Natura2000 part - correct me if I'm wrong); whereas the latter would certainly be easier (only Augustˇw bypass being difficult due to ecological reasons ...)

It is quite paradoxical that no motorway/expressway connect directly Poland to its best friends, Hungary ...
For the time- being I would also accept the connection via DK52--> S52 to Zwardon and further thru future D3 (?) to Zilina and Bratislava, so called rotten compromise
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #7557
kooba

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post

Is there any exact schedule for negotiations over this matter ?
I found only information, that spendings in 2012 will be about 6,7 bln EUR, from with 3 bln will come from UE.
Old January 11th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #7558
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
Around 11 billion EUR. Operational Programme "Infrastructure and Environment" (with most funds spent on road infrastructure) was (is) the biggest operational programme in the history of EU. More details here:
http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/...v_defL=7&LAN=7
Motorways and expressways were funded from priorities 6 and 8 (with less than 5% of money from those priorities spent on things other than road infrastructure).
Thank you everybody! If the infrastructure operation programmme is 11 billion then I found my answer, even though not all money goes to motorway, it's still a good hint. Anyway, the Romanian programme is alloted 5.7 billion from EU (though only EUR 1.8 b go to motorways, the rest are allotted to railways, national roads etc).

But in any case, the Polish programme is not the biggest IMO. Spain had the advantage of being a unique beneficiary of EU funds back when no eastern EU member was there in the EU and received vast amounts of money for infrastructure to the extent that it has now a motorway network better than Germany's.

BTW: you are still the best kid on the block these years:

Quote:
Poland, Romania Rank First and Second In Eastern Europe By Motorway Inaugurations
today, 00:00

Romania ranks second in the region in terms of kilometers of highway finalized last year (58 kilometers), behind Poland, which opened 217 kilometers of highway to traffic last year, according to a Ziarul Financiar analysis based on data supplied by infrastructure ministries and on information in the local media.
Source

Last edited by Le Clerk; January 11th, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old January 11th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #7559
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Thank you everybody! If the infrastructure operation programmme is 11 billion then I found my answer, even though not all money goes to motorway, it's still a good hint.
Actually the whole programme is ~37,6 billion EUR, 11 billion is just the EU contribution towards motorways and expressways.
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #7560
kmieciu
-_-_-_-_-_-

Likes (Received): 1869

A2, interchange Komorniki - interchange Świecko.

National Road 5, Poznań Głogowska street.

A2

Interchange Głuchowo 154 km east from Świecko, interchange with expressway S11 opening - 05.2012

Teraz ostrość będzie nienajlepsza.

kmieciu no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road