daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 25th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #7581
kmieciu
-_-_-_-_-_-

Likes (Received): 1870

Two videos made by tomekwrz1991.

Polish highways & motorways opened in 2008.

Polish highways & motorways opened in 2009.

to be continued...
kmieciu no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2012, 03:50 AM   #7582
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

In Legnica at the A4 there is an old motel at the junction. Thats the western junction in Legnica where A4 meet road 364. You can find the motel directly at the junction. And there is also a very old petrol station there. If you come from east and going west you first see the old petrol station directly at the junction and then the motel. The petrol station looks like it was built when the motorway was new in 1936-1937. But how old is the motel? Is that built in the same time like the petrol station? I had used that motel. It looks old. Maybe not first class, and not the most modern one, but quite charming. For me this motel is very interesting and charming for motorway fans like me, so I really recomend it to other motorway fans.

Is that motel built in 1930s? Or is it built in the communist era in Poland?

Do anyone know this motel in Legnica at the A4?
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #7583
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

I think you have mixed up exits. There is no motel, no petrol station at A4 & 364. However there is one at one exit down with Rt 3:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Indeed there is old petrol station:

(google maps)

Unfortunately don't have any info about motel.
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 04:56 AM   #7584
Uppsala

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post

I think you have mixed up exits. There is no motel, no petrol station at A4 & 364. However there is one at one exit down with Rt 3:

(google maps)

Unfortunately don't have any info about motel.

Sorry! You are right! I mixed the two junctions. It was the A4 and Rt3.

And thats the petrol station I told about. It looks like it must be built in 1936-1937 when the motorway was new. Its very nice for motorway fans.

The motel is very close to this old petrol station. At the first picture you can se the roof of the petrol station. There are two bigger buildings at the right side from the petrol station. The building with black roof is the motel. So the motel is inside the junction. It looks like it was built for the motorway. So can this motel be built in the same time like the petrol station?

Do anyone know this motel?
Old January 25th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #7585
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

Actually I think I found what you were looking for:

This building is owned by one of the transportation company. I have no info about its history. Maybe someone from Legnica would be helpful here.
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #7586
Uppsala

Quote:
Actually I think I found what you were looking for:

This building is owned by one of the transportation company. I have no info about its history. Maybe someone from Legnica would be helpful here.
Yes! This is the motel! It should be very interesting to know the history if that motel. I think this building must be built for the motorway. I hope anyone here know about it.
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #7587
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I can also think of Wroclaw - Brno - Wien ....

Most of these routes carry between 5.000 and 10.000 vehicles per day outside the cities. If traffic increases to 15.000 - 20.000 vehicles you surely need something better than a two-lane road. I prefer the construction of 2+1 roads in the 2015 - 2025 timeframe which can be expanded to a 2x2 motorway if traffic volumes require it.
I've been thinking more about this route. If I'm not mistaken, AT and CZ should complete Brno - Vienna as a 2x2 route in 2016. With Brno - Bratislava already 2x2, completion of Brno - Vienna and the S5 works in progress between Wrocław and Poznań might increase the traffic load on Brno - Wrocław as the N/S corridor becomes more viable.

CZ have distant plans for 69 kilometers of 2x2 S43 heading north from Brno toward Wrocław. Are there any distant plans for the A8/S8 to be extended south -- perhaps to Kłodzko?
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #7588
ips_on
November Rain

Likes (Received): 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
CZ have distant plans for 69 kilometers of 2x2 S43 heading north from Brno toward Wrocław. Are there any distant plans for the A8/S8 to be extended south -- perhaps to Kłodzko?
Indeed they are, but only performed by Lower Silesian government. Probably to be done, but after 2015, if not later
ips_on no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #7589
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Czech R43 is a music of very distant future.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #7590
kooba

Likes (Received): 5156

Quote:
Originally Posted by ips_on View Post
Indeed they are, but only performed by Lower Silesian government. Probably to be done, but after 2015, if not later
Don't misinform people. There are no any kind of government plan for this road. Lover Silesia government plans, are only very old very loose conception.

Lover Silesia has other investment in plans, like Wrocław east bypass (Bielany-Łany-Długołęka), bridge in Brzeg Dolny (part of big bypass of Lover Silesia), and so on. There is virtually no chance for A8-Kłodzko in perspective of 20 or more years.
kooba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #7591
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooba View Post
There is virtually no chance for A8-Kłodzko in perspective of 20 or more years.
That's 2032. It's hard to predict what will happen around 2016-2018, not to mention 2032. Even in countries with long roadbuilding traditions, predictions as far as 20 years ahead in the future are 100% worthless. Nobody could've imagined the current road projects in the Netherlands in 1992, not even around 2002.

Some projects were predicted to be completed in 5 years time, but never came into fruition. Others weren't planned 5 years before, but did get constructed. So it's a bit useless to make any predictions that are more than 4 - 5 years into the future, unless you have a mechanism where funding for road projects is specifically set aside many years in the future, but few countries do that. For instance in Germany the 2011 - 2015 funding for road projects wasn't announced until December 2011, before that, nobody had any idea whether a road project was funded 3 years ahead or not.

I think the best way to say it is that "it currently does not have a priority" rather than "there is virtually no chance it will be built by the next 5 - 6 governments" because nobody knows what priorities 2 or 3 governments in the future may have.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #7592
kooba

Likes (Received): 5156

Quote:

I think the best way to say it is that "it currently does not have a priority" rather than "there is virtually no chance it will be built by the next 5 - 6 governments" because nobody knows what priorities 2 or 3 governments in the future may have.
Yes youre right, it's hard to predict distant future. But we can agree for compromise: instead of "it currently does not have a priority", we can say "it currently does not have priority nor any plans to realize it".
kooba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #7593
mcarling

Quote:
It's even more difficult to predict what the EU may want to fund. Having dealt with the European Commission, I find it very easy to imagine a scenario a bit like the following, after completion of:
AT: A5 to the CZ border,
CZ: R52 to the AT border,
CZ: R43 from Brno to Dětřichov u MoravskÚ TřebovÚ, and
PL: S5 from Poznań to Wrocław.

Eurocrat 1: "We should fund a new highway from Wroclaw to Dětřichov u MoravskÚ TřebovÚ."
Eurocrat 2: "Why? The AADT crossing the PL/CZ border south of Kłodzko is only 1300."
Eurocrat 3: "Who cares about AADT?"
Eurocrat 1: "We could have new North-South corridor all the way from Poznań to Vienna and Bratislava."
Eurocrat 3: "It would look really cool on a map."
Eurocrat 2: "I guess you're right. It would look really cool on a map. Since it's not our money and we have to fund something, go for it."
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #7594
ips_on
November Rain

Likes (Received): 153

Quote:
Don't misinform people. There are no any kind of government plan for this road. Lover Silesia government plans, are only very old very loose conception.

Lover Silesia has other investment in plans, like Wrocław east bypass (Bielany-Łany-Długołęka), bridge in Brzeg Dolny (part of big bypass of Lover Silesia), and so on. There is virtually no chance for A8-Kłodzko in perspective of 20 or more years.
Sorry about it, but I wrote "if not later". Actually, Lower Silesian government has such a plan about the road, so maybe...but you are right, not in this EU money perspective
ips_on no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #7595
Surel

Quote:
It's even more difficult to predict what the EU may want to fund. Having dealt with the European Commission, I find it very easy to imagine a scenario a bit like the following, after completion of:
AT: A5 to the CZ border,
CZ: R52 to the AT border,
CZ: R43 from Brno to Dětřichov u MoravskÚ TřebovÚ, and
PL: S5 from Poznań to Wrocław.

Eurocrat 1: "We should fund a new highway from Wroclaw to Dětřichov u MoravskÚ TřebovÚ."
Eurocrat 2: "Why? The AADT crossing the PL/CZ border south of Kłodzko is only 1300."
Eurocrat 3: "Who cares about AADT?"
Eurocrat 1: "We could have new North-South corridor all the way from Poznań to Vienna and Bratislava."
Eurocrat 3: "It would look really cool on a map."
Eurocrat 2: "I guess you're right. It would look really cool on a map. Since it's not our money and we have to fund something, go for it."

I doubt both things. R43 is not really a priority nor for receiveing any EU funds.

And about the second part, it is not really only question of the EU commission, but it would be nice if it would. When the D3 in CZ is not attracting the priority money in EU, I can harldy imagine any other Norht South connection that would manage that, because of looking cooler on a map.
Old January 26th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #7596
mcarling

The R43 is on the Czech government's ToDo list:
http://www.rsd.cz/rsd/rsd.nsf/a3eda25d005dc6bec125737e0045602e/9852f0647f31db37c12579820054ca4a/$FILE/cz-stavba-2012-%28sfdi%29-v23.pdf

Of course, my farcical illustration of the eurocrats is far-fetched, but the decision-making process is complex, involves irrational as well as rational factors, and is extremely unpredictable.
Old January 26th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #7597
Surel

Quote:
The R43 is on the Czech government's ToDo list:
http://www.rsd.cz/rsd/rsd.nsf/a3eda25d005dc6bec125737e0045602e/9852f0647f31db37c12579820054ca4a/$FILE/cz-stavba-2012-%28sfdi%29-v23.pdf
That is map of the projected network as finished (some 1000 km of higways and motorways to go).

The actual working plan can be found here. There are listed those project where at least some paperwork have been done already (not the case of R43) and could be expected in 10 years.
Old January 26th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #7598
Andrzej_3598

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
Sorry! You are right! I mixed the two junctions. It was the A4 and Rt3.

And thats the petrol station I told about. It looks like it must be built in 1936-1937 when the motorway was new. Its very nice for motorway fans.

The motel is very close to this old petrol station. At the first picture you can se the roof of the petrol station. There are two bigger buildings at the right side from the petrol station. The building with black roof is the motel. So the motel is inside the junction. It looks like it was built for the motorway. So can this motel be built in the same time like the petrol station?

Do anyone know this motel?
I found following picture of this "Tankstelle". You may see some building behind.

Andrzej_3598 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #7599
ja.centy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Yes youre right, it's hard to predict distant future. But we can agree for compromise: instead of "it currently does not have a priority", we can say "it currently does not have priority nor any plans to realize it".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
I doubt both things. R43 is not really a priority nor for receiveing any EU funds.
Then everything's cool. An upgrade of that road is not a priority for the authorities in both countries. End of discussion, I suppose.
ja.centy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #7600
Uppsala

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrzej_3598 View Post
I found following picture of this "Tankstelle". You may see some building behind.

I think this picture must be from around 1936-1937. Same old petrol station. The dark building at the right side of the petrol station must be the same building you can se at the new picture with the text BAR on it. Maybe it was a restaurant at the old picture too?

But its not possible to see if the motel exist in that time or not. It is behind the camera.

Is there anyone from Legnica in this forum who now this?

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road