daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 12th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #8001
Kuras77
Wolę S niż A

Likes (Received): 28

kmieciu, it was here a week ago:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=7946

Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #8002
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Likes (Received): 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Is there a recent aerial photo of the finished Węzeł Stryków? I'm wondering what it looks like in reality.
There's no longer "Węzeł Stryków". It has been renamed as "Węzeł Łódź-Północ" (Łódź North) since 2011.
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Węzeł_a...8;_Północ

The most recent pictutes I've found came from mid April.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4176

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4177

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4178

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4179

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4180

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4182

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4183

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4184

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4185
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #8003
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19421

Thanks. Are there signs that indicate the name of Łódź Północ?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #8004
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Likes (Received): 150

I don't know. I haven't seen them, so far.
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #8005
ChrisZwolle
Road user

http://www.a1kowal-strykow.pl/

According to this website, A1 Kowal - Stryków should've been completed 30-04-2012. When will it open to traffic?
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #8006
toonczyk
autostradożerca

A1 Kowal-Stryków is supposed to be ready in July, but on one of the sections (C again - it has to be some kind of jinx!) the main contractor (Poldim) filed for bankruptcy... I'm not very familiar with the situation there, maybe someone else can estimate what are possible dates of opening.
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #8007
E2rdEm
prostownik

Likes (Received): 1201

Quote:
A1 Kowal - Stryków should've been completed 30-04-2012. When will it open to traffic?
That question has just been answered in the polish thread... in English. So here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grzesiu_hu View Post
The investment may be divided into two main sections: Toruń-Kowal and Kowal-Stryków (aka Łódź).

Till about a month ago there was hope that Kowal-Stryków will be ready in this month (subsections of this section had due date on 30 April 2012), or at least in June-July (with "smaller" delays). However with the bankruptcy of Poldim, who was building the road part of Sójki – Kotliska subsection it is not any more possible that the full Kowal-Stryków section will be open even this year. Eventually some other subsections of this section may be open until June-July, but for sure not the whole Kowal-Stryków section.

About the Toruń-Kowal section. It originally had due date 30 September 2012, and now it's said it has 2 months delay. So I'd guess the whole section will be open till the end of this year. However guys on the forum say some of it's sections have bigger delays, so it's also possible just some of it will be open this year.
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #8008
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Right, thanks

Some more questions regarding A1;

As far as I know Pyrzowice - Zabrze-North is nearly completed. When will this open to traffic (together with a short section of S1)?

Second, is there more known about the cable-stayed bridge at Mszana? I'm assuming this won't open before the summer.

Thirdly, is there any news on the Stryków - Pyrzowice front? As far as I know this was supposed to be some kind of PPP-project, but I'm wondering why construction hasn't commenced yet, especially the Stryków - Tuszyn section seems urgent to me, keeping in mind the construction of S8 will be finished in 2014.
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #8009
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 174

[QUOTE=ChrisZwolle;91319644]Right, thanks

Some more questions regarding A1;

As far as I know Pyrzowice - Zabrze-North is nearly completed. When will this open to traffic (together with a short section of S1)?

29th May is when A1 Zabrze North to Pyrzowice will open to traffic. Not sure about the S1 section
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #8010
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17502

It`s sure that Pyrzowice-Piekary Śląskie will open to traffic 29th may. The S1 section will be open in this time too. As for Zabrze North - Piekary, it is said to be open in the end of may, but there are many construction works to do yet.
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #8011
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Quote:
especially the Stryków - Tuszyn section seems urgent to me, keeping in mind the construction of S8 will be finished in 2014.
This is not a PPP project, but design&build. For the time being almost everything is ready to commence works, but it will probably take another two months or so.
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #8012
Janek0

Likes (Received): 451

Quote:
Thirdly, is there any news on the Stryków - Pyrzowice front? As far as I know this was supposed to be some kind of PPP-project, but I'm wondering why construction hasn't commenced yet, especially the Stryków - Tuszyn section seems urgent to me, keeping in mind the construction of S8 will be finished in 2014.
Stryków-Pyrzowice had been a PPP project, but it failed and design-build tender for most urgent Stryków-Tuszyn section was conducted. Tuszyn-Pyrzowice is now being designed too and it is under analysis for possibility of new PPP tender.
Janek0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #8013
Sponsor

A2 finally reaching Warsaw. God, that took so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronauta pl View Post

Sponsor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #8014
DITTRICH

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by macieii View Post
Between 23 and 5 the speed limit in Urban areas is 60 km/h, btw. The "lowest ticket" I have ever heard of was for 65 km/h on 50 km/h limit... But it was a secondary road, the Police may have been cash-sensitive there Also I am not sure, but I think the grey columns are, or soon will be, illegal and will be replaced by the yellow/ orange ones.
I had picked up on that nuance which is why I asked - was wondering if the cameras had a variable "trigger" point which changed to say 70kph during the night.
DITTRICH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #8015
DITTRICH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav00 View Post
By law, speed cameras have to have at least +10kph tolerance, so if there's 50kph limit, photos are taken from 61kph up.
And before a speed camera there have to be warning sign.
Thanks - not that I expect a polish ticket in my post box - but its good to know.
DITTRICH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #8016
rav00

Likes (Received): 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by DITTRICH View Post
Thanks - not that I expect a polish ticket in my post box - but its good to know.
Things with speedcameras have only recently changed for better. Before that, cameras were mostly used to generate quite an income for districts that put those by their roads. It was leading to absurds like 7m PLN annual income (~1,75m €) in a district with population around 5-15k. But to earn like that, you had to hide speed camera in some bushes or trashcans...

Now it's like it should have been from the start - you know that there will be camera, so you have plenty of time to slow down, and drivers dont feel like they're being hunted.
rav00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #8017
toonczyk
autostradożerca

We're starting to get a bit euphoric about the possibility of A2 being ready (passable) in three weeks. They are making huge progress, the pace is unbelievable. But still they'll need at least 15 rain-free days to make it, so we'll see how it goes.
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #8018
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Looking at today's quantitative progress report in the Polish language forum, sections B, D, and E look like they can be open in time. Section A looks unlikely (to me). Section C looks hopeless (to me), but maybe I'm too pessimistic. I agree that the progress is now rapid, and I hope it can all open before Euro 2012.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...3#post91374903
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #8019
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The "podbudowy", I assume that is the "sub construction" or foundation of section C, is at 81% and increased 8% in the past week. I also doubt it if section C will be finished in time, the other segments are indeed at an incredible pace. Section B got 30% of its SMA wearing layer in just the last week and is now at 81%. Section D even 38%.
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #8020
slavek24
slavek24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Vimes View Post
Which motorways and expressways in Poland are financed by the EU. Where can I find such information? No problem if it is in Polish.
On www.gddkia.gov.pl You have to click "Serwis GDDKiA" and then "Fundusze Europejskie" (European Funds).

Last edited by PLH; May 14th, 2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: fixed link
slavek24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road