daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2012, 12:22 AM   #8081
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Does anyone know why the northern part of DK8 Piotrków Trybunalski - Warszawa is currently not converted to an expressway. Is it just because it's in another województwo? If I understand correctly, Mszczonów - Wolica will be an adaption of the existing road, but Wolica - S2 will be a new alignment west of the DK8 (bypassing Raszyn).
Exactly as you say, new corridor to bypass Raszyn and upgrade of existing DK8 south of Wolica. If you'd like to see exactly how is it going to look like, take a look at this map:
http://mapa.siskom.waw.pl/
Select "drogi krajowe" (national roads) on the right, planned S8 will be marked in blue. It's not U/C because environmental documentation etc. isn't ready or wasn't ready when the money was there. There is a tender for the Opacz-Wolica section (between S2 and DW721), the remaining part should be converted to an expressway within next 10 years

Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:26 AM   #8082
woyteck

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGJ View Post
Hi to all and greetings from the UK!

I wonder whether you can help with a journey that 2 friends of mine will make in a few weeks. I hope this isn't too much off topic!

They aim to travel from near Frankfurt an der Oder (just inside the Polish border) to the Lithuanian border on Tuesday 5 June, and then nearly 3 weeks later, from Lithuania to Radom on Monday 25 June.

My thoughts are that their plans are ambitious (I've heard that the queues through Augustow can be long, for example), but they're convinced that the travel times are realistic. What do you all think? I'm guessing that Euro 2012 won't affect things too much on either date but again I'm happy to be proved wrong...

Many thanks!
Hi, I only know the ravel times on the A2 part.
So Germany-Poland border - Poznan - 1:30 h
Poznan - Lodz - 1:45 h

These are approximate, within the speed limit or up to 10km/h above it.
woyteck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:35 AM   #8083
Kuras77
Wolę S niż A

Likes (Received): 28

A2 Stryków-Warszawa and the beautiful Poland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronauta pl View Post
20.05.2012 Sunday godz. 20.15 - Ciemna i jasna strona mocy aka 431+000. Jestem na południu patrzymy na północ.

Na zachód patrz w stronę Strykowa MA-288

MA-288, dalej WA-287, następnie WD-286 ----> Stryków

MA-288, dalej WA-287, następnie WD-286 ----> Stryków

Zbliżenie

Pod nami

Na wschód patrz w stronę Konotopa, kawałek podjazdu WD-290, następnie WD-291, dalej WD-292

Pierwszy plan MA-289, WD-290, następnie WD-291, dalej WD-292 ----> Konotopa

Thanks for Watching

Będzie dobrze
@Agusia dzięki, Twoje opracowanie rządzi
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:35 PM   #8084
Vegito

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

Looking at today's quantitative progress report in the Polish language forum, sections B, D, and E look like they can be open in time. Section A looks unlikely (to me). Section C looks hopeless (to me), but maybe I'm too pessimistic. I agree that the progress is now rapid, and I hope it can all open before Euro 2012.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...3#post91374903
I am sort of hoping to find some post like this today again. Weekly updates like these are useful to see the progress.
Vegito no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:55 PM   #8085
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post
I am sort of hoping to find some post like this today again. Weekly updates like these are useful to see the progress.
Welcome to the forum Vegito!

This week's status report should become available this afternoon. Photos taken yesterday do not encourage hope of opening for Euro 2012.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 01:12 PM   #8086
Vegito

Thanks I continued to check this forum every now and then. I've been registered for some time (2.5 years lol) but only posted once before.
I will drive to Poland in June and hope to see the A2 ready till Warsaw then. It would help.. I will leave the A2 at the interchange with the S50.
Old May 21st, 2012, 01:34 PM   #8087
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post
Thanks I continued to check this forum every now and then. I've been registered for some time (2.5 years lol) but only posted once before.
I will drive to Poland in June and hope to see the A2 ready till Warsaw then. It would help.. I will leave the A2 at the interchange with the S50.
There is a chance the A2 will open from Łódź to the new DK50 bypass sometime in June. I hope so. I'll be driving through Poland in August.
Old May 21st, 2012, 01:44 PM   #8088
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

About S8 Piotrków Tryb. - Warszawa again....

Are there already parts upgraded to a droga ekspresowa? Are they just opening an interchange at the time, or do they plan to open longer sections at once?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 04:07 PM   #8089
bleetz
one.man.army

Likes (Received): 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGJ View Post
Hi to all and greetings from the UK!

I wonder whether you can help with a journey that 2 friends of mine will make in a few weeks. I hope this isn't too much off topic!

They aim to travel from near Frankfurt an der Oder (just inside the Polish border) to the Lithuanian border on Tuesday 5 June, and then nearly 3 weeks later, from Lithuania to Radom on Monday 25 June.

My thoughts are that their plans are ambitious (I've heard that the queues through Augustow can be long, for example), but they're convinced that the travel times are realistic. What do you all think? I'm guessing that Euro 2012 won't affect things too much on either date but again I'm happy to be proved wrong...

Many thanks!

There aren't that many 'queues' as such near Augustow. The problem is that the roads are narrow and full of HGVs, and overtaking is very hard, so you end up being stuck in an unsafe road, surrounded by HGVs for a good half a day. Otherwise, I've done this journey many times and it isn't all that bad... Go via Lomza (exit S8/DK8 near Zambrow or Ostrow Mazowiecka), don't go all the way to Bialystok, not worth it yet. It depends how long you sleep, but if you leave in the early morning of day 1, you will be there by the evening of day 2. I usually stay in Poznan, it is a good half-way point and there are some good, cheap hostels there.
Old May 21st, 2012, 04:36 PM   #8090
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Quote:
About S8 Piotrków Tryb. - Warszawa again....

Are there already parts upgraded to a droga ekspresowa? Are they just opening an interchange at the time, or do they plan to open longer sections at once?
There are no fully opened sections for the time being. Because the road is in operation all the time, it is hard to say whether they will finish one section at a time. However from what can be seen now they do not focus on one particular stretch, but works are spread rather evenly.

Last edited by PLH; May 21st, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 04:45 PM   #8091
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

Old May 21st, 2012, 05:04 PM   #8092
mcarling

This week's progress report for the A2, translated into English:

Section A:

Foundation –100%
Binder – was 97% now 99% (increase of 2%)
Asphalt – was 3% now 13% (increase of 10%)

Section B:

Foundation –100%
Binder –100%
Asphalt – was 81% now 98% (increase of 17%)

Section C:

Foundation – was 81% now 93.7% (increase of 12.7%)
Binder – was 80% now 87% (increase of 7%)
Asphalt – 0% (no progress)

Section D:

Foundation –100%
Binder – 100%
Asphalt – was 86% now 100% (increase of 14%)

Section E:

Foundation – 100%,
Binder – 100%
Asphalt –100%
Old May 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM   #8093
Vegito

I'm afraid section A isn't gonna make it either before Euro 2012 :p. Section C is no surprise. An opening of section A, B and C somewhere later in the summer makes more sense I guess.
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:10 PM   #8094
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Section A was supposed to be opened temporarily with only foundation ready. They are already working on the final layer, which means they are way ahead of their schedule. Many people forget this, but it was section A that was the most delayed one in August 2011, there were barely any roadworks done - humus layer was removed, but not even on the whole length of that section! Eurovia has done wonders there, they pretty much built the motorway from scratch in 10 months.
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:19 PM   #8095
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

It's common (read: standard) in the Netherlands to let the earthworks consolidate for 3 - 12 months before any actual construction can take place. They do this to prevent subsidence after the road is finished. Do they do that in Poland as well, or are we looking at a lot of subsided motorways after 2015? Too fast construction can be problematic as well.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:22 PM   #8096
michael_siberia
Trzecie pokolenie akowców

Likes (Received): 25721

Don't forget that 10 months ago some bridges had only Larsen walls!
michael_siberia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:35 PM   #8097
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
It's common (read: standard) in the Netherlands to let the earthworks consolidate for 3 - 12 months before any actual construction can take place. They do this to prevent subsidence after the road is finished. Do they do that in Poland as well, or are we looking at a lot of subsided motorways after 2015? Too fast construction can be problematic as well.
12 months seems like a lot, but it is required for embankments to consolidate for at least a few weeks before further construction can resume (probably depends on the properties of materials used, height of the embankment etc.). There are some methods of shortening this period and hopefully the engineers responsible for A2 know what they're doing.
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:38 PM   #8098
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

I think that realistically the best we can hope for is sections D & E of the A2 opening next week or perhaps in the first week of June if not middle of June which will at least allow traffic to get in and out of Warsaw more quickly (especially coming off S8 onto the A2 towards central Poland). If the traffic has to come off the A2 at the start/end of section D and back onto the E30/DK92 than it is better than nothing
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM   #8099
Switek
Zrzęda i Kiep Drogowy

Likes (Received): 150

Quote:
This week's progress report for the A2, translated into English:

Section A:

Foundation –100%
Binder – was 97% now 99% (increase of 2%)
Asphalt – was 3% now 13% (increase of 10%)

Section B:

Foundation –100%
Binder –100%
Asphalt – was 81% now 98% (increase of 17%)

Section C:

Foundation – was 81% now 93.7% (increase of 12.7%)
Binder – was 80% now 87% (increase of 7%)
Asphalt – 0% (no progress)

Section D:

Foundation –100%
Binder – 100%
Asphalt – was 86% now 100% (increase of 14%)

Section E:

Foundation – 100%,
Binder – 100%
Asphalt –100%
From the original topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetss View Post
Stan faktyczny od najmniej zaawansowanego odcinka do ukończonych:
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:54 PM   #8100
macieii

Likes (Received): 2152

Quote:
The part I would worry about is the A2 between Lodz and Warsaw. If they can deal with that detour and get through Warsaw at off-peak traffic times, they should be ok.
A2 should be open by then, as well as S8 through Warsaw. The only obstacle would be DK8 in Marki. On the way back, I see no problem at all... S8, Prymasa Tysiaclecia, Al. Jerozolimskie, Lopuszanska, Al. Krakowska. I wouldn't be too much worried about the traffic, it's July - the trafic should be low even at peak hours.
macieii no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road