daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 4th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #8361
Agnette

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Maintenance center...
Road or vehicles maintenance?

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #8362
rav00

Likes (Received): 165

Road. They keep salt and snowplows there. Also, teams that clean up after accidents or just simply maintain the road.
rav00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #8363
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by woyteck View Post
Chinese goods can be transported using trans-siberian railway, and then using wide track of PKP LHS which ends near Kraków.
And it only takes 2 weeks by train in comparison to about 4 weeks using container ship and being unloaded in Rotterdam.
Sorry for OT, let me finish the line though. I just read a article about Russian plans of building wide track railway from Košice (SK) to Wienna. I guess connecting Donau and wide track railway seems quite a good deal.... If I were SK gov. I would demand the modal change harbour to be there though...
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 01:59 AM   #8364
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe.2006 View Post
W budowie: 1.118 km
W eksploatacji: 2.013 km

Dobranoc.
u/c
built
Sponsor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 10:30 AM   #8365
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13162

Final layer of alsphalt has been laid on Section C of A2. Now they have to put signs and paint. It will be open for Euro 2012.

Source in Polish:
gazeta.pl
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #8366
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Vimes View Post
Final layer of alsphalt has been laid on Section C of A2. Now they have to put signs and paint. It will be open for Euro 2012.

Source in Polish:
gazeta.pl
So this means when Euro 2012 opens there is a motorway all the way from Berlin to Warszawa?
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #8367
dugiPL

Likes (Received): 1250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
So this means when Euro 2012 opens there is a motorway all the way from Berlin to Warszawa?
Yes, the section C should be opened on Thursday.
dugiPL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #8368
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 171

The next priority should be completing the S2 Warsaw southern bypass and extending to A2 to at least to Siedlce if not to the Belarussian border
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #8369
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
The next priority should be completing the S2 Warsaw southern bypass and extending to A2 to at least to Siedlce if not to the Belarussian border
why?
In my opinion next priority with limited sources of money should be Marki bypass (S8), S7 from Warsaw to Grojec , Lomianki bypass (S7)
However agree, completing A2 all the way to the Belarus border eventually in the not so distant future too.
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #8370
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
According to latest estimates, eastern part of S2 will cost something around 1,2 bln EUR. I'm pretty sure there are better ways of spending this kind of money. While I'd obviously be very happy to have full ring built in Warsaw, I think there are more important pieces of road and funds are limited, so we should be careful how we spend it. I'd say right now the list of priorities should open with S7 in Kraków, Marki bypass, A1 Pyrzowice-Częstochowa (and obviously Raszyn bypass, but that's already under way). Only after funding for those roads is secured would I start thinking about other investments - Warsaw ring, all missing sections of S7, S8 (plus S61) and S5.
Old June 5th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #8371
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
According to latest estimates, eastern part of S2 will cost something around 1,2 bln EUR. I'm pretty sure there are better ways of spending this kind of money. While I'd obviously be very happy to have full ring built in Warsaw, I think there are more important pieces of road and funds are limited, so we should be careful how we spend it. I'd say right now the list of priorities should open with S7 in Kraków, Marki bypass, A1 Pyrzowice-Częstochowa (and obviously Raszyn bypass, but that's already under way). Only after funding for those roads is secured would I start thinking about other investments - Warsaw ring, all missing sections of S7, S8 (plus S61) and S5.
I agree. Not counting what's under construction now, I think the highest priority should be the S7 bypass of Radom. In general, DK7 between Warsaw and Krakow (except where it's S7) is shameful.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #8372
rakcancer

...and S5 which would connect 3 out of 4 cities hosting Euro2012.... but of course it didn't work out
Old June 5th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #8373
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 171

It would be useful to have a list of the motorway/expressways openings expected for the rest of June/July/August/September
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #8374
rakcancer

There you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetman View Post

Dostępne także w Repozytorium

"Otwarcie za" - Open in..... days
Old June 5th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #8375
UPR20

Likes (Received): 521

S2 in Warsaw will cost significantly less than 1,2 BN EUR it will in fact cost less than 1 BN EUR and it remains the top priority for the government.
Old June 5th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #8376
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR20 View Post
S2 in Warsaw will cost significantly less than 1,2 BN EUR it will in fact cost less than 1 BN EUR and it remains the top priority for the government.
GDDKiA estimates it will cost about 5 bln PLN due to expensive objects like a 2,3km long tunnel under Ursynów, 1km long bridge over Wisła, another 1,5km bridge over Mazovian Landscape Park. Maybe this is a high estimate, but not by far I think.
Old June 5th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #8377
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

The eastern part alone is almost 20 kilometers long. If it was a normal urban expressway (like the western part of S2), it would likely cost € 500 million. Now include those bridges and tunnels and € 1.2 billion doesn't sound too far-fetched.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #8378
woyteck

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
And how about drivers use common sense and adjust their speed to conditions on the road?
You're asking for too much.

It should be done like it's in France:
Motorway 130km/h, when raining 110km/h.

But this wasn't a motorway. Oh well, doing more than 80km/h in such conditions means the driver was nuts.
woyteck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #8379
woyteck

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
I have some friends from Eastern Poland (east of Warsaw) and they constantly tell me that they feel neglected by the government. (OT few years back PiS won the election by promising them a lot and not doing much later, anyway) I think that having S2 built and then A2 to the border with Belarus should really be top priority, not only because that is the only single carriageway part of E30 between Hook of Holand and Moscow, but also because it matters to people who live in this area. It's not only seen as a better road but as an access to Warsaw, better jobs and to Europe.
It's a morale thing.
woyteck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 02:46 AM   #8380
rakcancer

well, there is much higher priority in western and central Poland to connect important for our economy cities. beside A2 would mostly serve as a transit route for our eastern neighbors (Russia, Belarus). There is even no single over 100K city between Warsaw and belarusian border. For eastern Poland much more important at the moment is to finish S8 between Warsaw and Bialystok, S17 between Warsaw and Lublin and A4 all the way to Ukraine border.

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road