daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 7th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #8441
Jakub Warszauer

Likes (Received): 548

Hey. We are celebrating here.
Jakub Warszauer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #8442
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
Sorry forgot about Bielsko-Biała. We can also add Gliwice to the list (DK88, A4, A1) to the list of small towns with a complete outer ring road
I am not sure what do you mean by complete outer ring road. If you mean complete then neither Wroclaw, Sczecin or Gdansk has one, no mention Bielsko-Biala or any other city. I think the closest one to perfection is bypass of Krosniewice
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...96037&t=m&z=12
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #8443
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 167

Ok I reiterate

Quote:
Go Poland! Many people doubted that the A2 between Łódż and Warsaw would open before Euro 2012 but how wrong they were! Berlin and Warsaw now have a complete motorway connection
(apart from that small non motorway part at the former Świecko border checkpoint). Warsaw has joined western Europe people (in terms of a direct motorway connection) Today I am so proud to be half Polish.
Now Poland's infrastucture construction progress is just staggering. I know that there is still a long way to go but Poland is gonna get there I know it Two top priority projects now complete - the A2 to Warsaw and the
S8 Modlińska Marki expressway in Warsaw. Well done Poland! Well done!
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #8444
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
does the Police care if you break that limit ?
Sure they do.
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #8445
TheFlyPL

Likes (Received): 1

They care especially on simple national roads. There you have to drive max 100km/h or they will stop you. On highway you can drive ~160 and you will be safe. If you do 200 or more they will surely fine you.
TheFlyPL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #8446
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
Sure they do.
So something has changed in the last year . As I said, about a year ago you could do 180 km/h and they wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Shame, the low traffic & modern road in good condition, means perfect conditions to cruise at high speeds.

Even in built up area's they were flexible in my experience, I was stopped for 78km/h ( or 76, can't recall) @ 50km/h, he offered to ''let me go'' for 160 zloty, I told him I only carried 70 with me or so, he went back to his car, did I don't know what for 2-3 mins, returned, and sent me on my way with just a warning. I wasn't even specifically polite, when he told me ''you can only go 50'' I was being a smartass asking ''where's the sign'' ?

Last edited by snowdog; June 7th, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #8447
Yamamoto

Likes (Received): 0

I remember when the limits were raised to 140 km/h and 120 km/h. The police spokes person was asked a question about when they stop people and he replied "we wont stop people doing 150 km/h on freeways" on national news.
So on the nice new freeways there is some margin, but if you drive significantly too fast or reckless they will get you. On top of of that there are a few unmarked police cars, also at 2 AM, on the freeways.

On the lower roads like the DK and DW kind, the police are more strict, which is understandable giving that there is other traffic, like tractors, local buses, bikes and people walking on or crossing the street.

Unless you drive a foreign car they will probably refuse money and give you a nice 30 days credit (at 0% interest ). Foreigners always have to pay directly, as they might run away from the bill.

Personally I look forward to seeing how the culture of driving in Poland will develop, now that the roads are getting better.
Yamamoto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #8448
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13058

Nazdrowie chlopaky!

Great new today with the opening of C section!

P.S.
I hope you'll celebrate tomorrow evening as well
Capt.Vimes está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #8449
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

Yes, if we win over Greece in Euro2012
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #8450
dino2010

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Poznań - a much smaller city than Warsaw has a complete outer ring road (S5, DK92, S11 & A2) now yet the capital Warsaw doesn't
Same for Szczecin (A6/S3), Gdańsk (S6) and Wrocław (A8) which all have entire outer bypasses and outer ring roads
Do not forget my friend that Warsaw was completely destroyed during World War II. And so Warsaw is like a phoenix from the ashes, while Poland is today Tiger of Europe! I invite you on behalf of all Poles, see it for yourself.
dino2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #8451
woyteck

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Poznań - a much smaller city than Warsaw has a complete outer ring road (S5, DK92, S11 & A2) now yet the capital Warsaw doesn't
Same for Szczecin (A6/S3), Gdańsk (S6) and Wrocław (A8) which all have entire outer bypasses and outer ring roads
Poznan is missing a few km of S11 (which one part is due in September, but the other had it's tender cancelled so we will wait longer for it). Otherwise Poznan is very well equipped.

Also Warsaw, it's like Rome. All roads lead to it. It's been difficult to convince citizens of Warsaw otherwise ;-)
woyteck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #8452
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino2010 View Post
Do not forget my friend that Warsaw was completely destroyed during World War II.
The destruction of Warsaw began in World War II and continued until 1989. The phoenix began to rise from the ashes only in the 1990s.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #8453
erykko

Likes (Received): 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamoto View Post
Unless you drive a foreign car they will probably refuse money and give you a nice 30 days credit (at 0% interest ). Foreigners always have to pay directly, as they might run away from the bill.
Nowadays we have only 7 days to pay a fine.

Foreigners always have to pay directly, policeman usually go with a driver to the nearest cash mashine, because police can take only PLN. If you haven't got enough money you will die (police only arrest you).
erykko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #8454
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

It's an exciting time to be a fan of Polish highway construction. I'll be driving across Poland twice (different routes) in August and I'm looking forward to driving some new roads and to seeing segments of construction further advanced. I'm also eagerly awaiting the EU's funding decisions for 2014-2020.

Last edited by mcarling; June 8th, 2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typo
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #8455
DSzumaher
Infra's user

Likes (Received): 9722

Part of the road from Western Europe to opening match place.

DSzumaher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #8456
Sienioslaw
grumpy slav

Likes (Received): 156

1h(or even less!) between Lodz and Warsaw - now possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwan View Post
Sa prosby o filmik, no to prosze:

A2 Stryków - Konotopa + S8 Konotopa - Marki

Sienioslaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #8457
maciekph

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
So something has changed in the last year . As I said, about a year ago you could do 180 km/h and they wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Shame, the low traffic & modern road in good condition, means perfect conditions to cruise at high speeds.
On Motorways and Expressways you can go up to 10 kmph above given limit without ticket, only because 10kmph margin is set to speed cameras. As far as I know police with manual speed measuring stuff is not obligated to that 10kmph margin.

So you can go without any problems (still against the law but w/o ticket) 9.9 kmph above speed limit on finish and completely ready dual carriageway motorways and expressways.

Note: For example on brand new A2, where there is no final layer ready on 1 small section with speed limit 70kmph you could meet police get ticket for overspeeding.

Enjoy
maciekph no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #8458
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

Newest!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Silesia Superior
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #8459
Yamamoto

Likes (Received): 0

Is there an expected date for the opening of the exit for DK50 on A2 for Zyradow/Sochaczew?
Yamamoto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #8460
toonczyk
autostradożerca

According to rumors - around 30.06, but there is nothing official out yet.

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road