daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 17th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #8681
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janek0 View Post
Why? They could do the same if they mistakenly enter toll road without vignette.
Does anyone turn around and drive the wrong way after discovering they have entered a toll road without a vignette?
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #8682
DITTRICH

Likes (Received): 0

If the employer was paying the toll then they wouldn't care.
But maybe the employer wouldn't and it would come out of their wages.
Also, most people, when confronted with an unexpected cost to be met from their own pocket, try to avoid it.
The calculation is something like TOLL zl / PRICE OF BEER zl = Quantity of beer "lost".
DITTRICH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #8683
tenkes12345

Likes (Received): 158

Is there any plan about ring roads in major cities? (Warsaw, Krakow, Wroclaw...)
I've seen a kind of rings in Wroclaw and Krakow, but they are not still closed... But what it's more curious for me is the lack of ring roads in Warsaw (added to the small metro system and one of the highest rates of traffic density of Europe)
tenkes12345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #8684
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkes12345 View Post
Is there any plan about ring roads in major cities? (Warsaw, Krakow, Wroclaw...)
I've seen a kind of rings in Wroclaw and Krakow, but they are not still closed... But what it's more curious for me is the lack of ring roads in Warsaw (added to the small metro system and one of the highest rates of traffic density of Europe)
Katowice already has a complete ring road. There are plans for a full ring road around Krakow, with the last section (northwest) opening about a year ago and the next section (east) out for tender now. I guess it won't be complete for another decade or so. There were plans for a complete ring road around Warsaw, but the northeast part was cancelled over environmental concerns. Maybe they'll find a new route which doesn't endanger any cockroaches. Work progresses on the rest of the Warsaw ring road. The western half should be complete soon.
Old July 21st, 2012, 06:03 PM   #8685
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

A foto of the unfinished bridge in Mszana on A1 I went by from Ostrava taking D1, in Bohumin crossing the border and entering polish A1 in Swierklany. Wondered why there could not be made provisionary arrangement going by like this:

The local roads could withsdand the traffic in my oppinion and anyway they need reconstruction already, thus there is not much reason to protect them. There is available slip at Mszana wide enough for both entering and leaving the motorway. Seems to me like legit solution.

Mszana

Zoomed in

Direction CZ

Here the toll at the A4 direction Wroclav. First picture is the start where you get a ticket, second and third the end where one pays.

The toll was about 16 zloty. They accept euro banknotes also and they pay you back only in zlotys, no euro mint is accepted. The best solution is a credit card which is also accepted.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:53 AM   #8686
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
A foto of the unfinished bridge in Mszana on A1 I went by from Ostrava taking D1, in Bohumin crossing the border and entering polish A1 in Swierklany. Wondered why there could not be made provisionary arrangement going by like this:

The local roads could withsdand the traffic in my oppinion and anyway they need reconstruction already, thus there is not much reason to protect them. There is available slip at Mszana wide enough for both entering and leaving the motorway.
In my opinion, it might be optimal to open the route you suggest on a one-way basis. The other direction of traffic could continue to use the current bypass. That would be less disruptive to the works and would ease congestion.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM   #8687
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9074

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogregor View Post
I know, and it seems like obvious solution.
But not in Poland, I'm not even sure if they finished primary database of cars and drivers. There were dozen of separate tenders, cancelled orders, delays etc.
Firstly, we need simple registrating system, like in UK, Italy, France and Scandinavia. Without this nothing will work well. Plates should be attached to car for its whole life and scheme of them should be one, not as today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogregor View Post
Does anyone knows if the famous CEPiK is already operational?
Not at all. Councils may use it for sharing data about vehicles and drivers, but, as we see, it's not enough to tide that visible mess in our registrating system. Also policemen haven't access to CEPiK and it's too faulty to make some public site with basic data about vehicles.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 02:40 PM   #8688
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_ View Post
Plates should be attached to car for its whole life and scheme of them should be one, not as today.
There are many reasons why owners should be able to get new plates with a new number for their cars. I'll give just one extreme example to illustrate. Suppose you buy a car at an auction. Then you find that people throw eggs at your car, scratch your paint with their keys, break your lights, etc. Wondering what about your car is attracting this attention, you ask Siri or use Google, and find out that the previous owner was a notorious child rapist. Why should you not be allowed to get new plates?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 03:40 PM   #8689
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9074

But it's not sufficent reason for maintain actual system, when it's that messy and expensive. Maybe changing plates when the car belonged to offender should be able, but ask Brits or Italians how many such cases existed so far...

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 03:49 PM   #8690
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_ View Post
But it's not sufficent reason for maintain actual system, when it's that messy and expensive. Maybe changing plates when the car belonged to offender should be able, but ask Brits or Italians how many such cases existed so far...
Deciding who is allowed to and who is not would just fuel corruption. It would be better, in my opinion, to simply charge a high free (for example, 1000 euro) to change plates. Everyone can be happy.
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #8691
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

A1/A2 intersection under construction

From Polish forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noncek View Post

Po paru sekundach zabawy w powerpoincie (chwilowo nie mam nic innego pod ręką ) - co, gdzie i gdzie ta północ

rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #8692
Kuras77
Wolę S niż A

Likes (Received): 28

He survived this flight?
Old July 25th, 2012, 01:49 AM   #8693
bleetz
one.man.army

Likes (Received): 395

Hi. I will be going to Lithuania via Poland. Will be coming via A2 via Lodz. What is the best way to go afterwards? Haven't driven there for a while. I normally go all the way to Warsaw, then turn towards Lomza near Ostrow or Zambrow. Is it still the best way?
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #8694
DITTRICH

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetz View Post
Hi. I will be going to Lithuania via Poland. Will be coming via A2 via Lodz. What is the best way to go afterwards? Haven't driven there for a while. I normally go all the way to Warsaw, then turn towards Lomza near Ostrow or Zambrow. Is it still the best way?
Zambrow, Lomza, Augustow.
DITTRICH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 06:02 AM   #8695
mcarling

Quote:
I will have the same choice to make next month. I'll probably go via Białystok in order to see the construction works on the S8. If I would need the fastest/shortest route, I would go via Ostrów Mazowiecka directly to Łomża, skipping Zambrów.
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #8696
bleetz
one.man.army

Likes (Received): 395

That's the only unknown for me at the moment then: Ostrow or Zambrow? I would like to go via Bialystok to see the S8 construction, but I am taking female passengers and they won't be very interested unfortunately.
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #8697
mcarling

Quote:
That's the only unknown for me at the moment then: Ostrow or Zambrow? I would like to go via Bialystok to see the S8 construction, but I am taking female passengers and they won't be very interested unfortunately.
I don't think it's a big difference either way. The female passengers might prefer the better road quality via Zambrów.
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #8698
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 167

Is there an opening date for the A2 Mińsk Maz bypass yet? It is supposed to open in July
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #8699
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
Is there an opening date for the A2 Mińsk Maz bypass yet? It is supposed to open in July
I heard about August.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #8700
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
I heard about August.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised as almost all motorway/expressway construction projects in Poland are behind schedule in terms of opening dates
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road